• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

30 Days of Pokémon Challenge!

Years
  • Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life - I'd have a Dragonite, it might be a bit extreme but I'd never have to get on another plane again seeing as it can circle the globe in 16 hours xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Day 23: What Pokémon would live in my part of the world

Well, other than the obvious urban Pokémon (Grimer, Rattata, Pidove, Pikachu, Pidgey, etc), beach Pokémon (Krabby, Staryu, Sharpedo, Wingull, Seel, etc), pet Pokémon (Snubbull, Meowth, Skitty, Houndour, Chatot, etc), and farm Pokémon (Miltank, Tauros, Tepig, Herdier, etc)...

I imagine I'd get to see a bunch of Mr. Mime, Gogoats, Sawsbucks, Persian, Ekans, and Nidoran.

Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real life

Pretty much anything that learns an HM. Also, maid Mr. Mime, and Granbull guard dog. Bonus: Machokes and Machamps would put construction workers out of business.

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years
  • Day 22: Favourite Rival

I really appreciated Silver as a rival in the 2nd generation. He is such a good character that he even gets plot elements for him in other Gens of Pokémon (Firered & Leafgreen from the scientist on the islands) That's just crazy to me, but yeah fighting him and seeing him slowly turn to someone who respects his Pokémon was nice.

Day 23: What Pokémon would live in your part of the world?

I guess since we are mostly temperate, with lots of forests, lakes, rivers but also urban centers. Trubbish near the cities and in the western parts, lots of oddish and various other types of Grass Pokémon in the Southern parts, the middle nation would be home to lots of Geodudes, machops and more Pokémon like that since the rougher terrains there. And in the north we would have lots of bird pokemon like seagulls at the shores, and water Pokemon probably.

Hm, there are so many to chose from, guess either one that can safely carry a human or one who can do the same by surfer. Those can be quiet useful.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • Day 19: Favourite Elite 4 member/Champion
    - Its a toss-up between Flint and Cynthia. I have always thought of Cynthia as being the coolest and strongest of the champions/E4 but then there is Flint who is just awesome and uses the powerful Infernape which is major brownie points in my eyes

Day 20: Favourite Pokémon Professor
    - I'd probably have to say Rowan, I always liked his grandfatherly portrayal. I also really liked Juniper and her involvement in your journey

Day 21: Favourite Pokémon bad guys
    -This is a tie between Plasma and Galactic. I thought these two teams were by far the most put together of all the teams we have faced in the games and I genuinely struggled at times when it came to battling them which made defeating them that much more satisfying

Day 22: Favourite Rival
    - Silver, hands down. Only Rival that I really struggled against and even lost to, a true rival.

- A lot of city Pokemon like Snubbull, maybe Houndour, Pichu, Grimer, Zigzagoon, Lillipup, etc...

Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life
    - The keychain Pokemon, Klefki, would be very helpful for every day activities in making sure I don't lose my keys or anything else that I can put on a keychain xD

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life

Minccino. It can tidy up basically anything, and it's a fluffy chinchilla! It could make good use as both a pet and a helper.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Day 18: Favourite Gym Leader
    - It's between erika and jasmine for me. i like erika's choice in pokemon and how she sticks to tradition. i like that jasmine uses steel types, but doesn't fit the stereotypical look of a steel trainer. also i felt like her personality was close to mine.

Day 19: Favourite Elite 4 member/Champion
    - karen or caitlin. i thought karen was so incredibly cool when i first encountered her and i like caitlin's careless attitude.

Day 20: Favourite Pokémon Professor
    - i liked rowan a lot, he seemd kind and wise

Day 21: Favourite Pokémon bad guys
    - team rocket with team galactic at a close second. they were both pretty indepth and interesting.

Day 22: Favourite Rival
    - I gotta say blue/gary. just felt like a real rival and not a forced friendship

- stantler, sawsbuck, pidove, pachirisu, zigzagoon...

Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life
    - just about every psychic type. they'd be great for helping move things around

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Day 25: Favourite Pokémon from each type

List of types if anyone wants:

Spoiler:

NORMAL :: Furret
    GRASS :: Vileplume
    FIRE :: Houndoom
    WATER :: Squirtle
    ELECTRIC :: Electabuzz
    BUG :: Butterfree
    FLYING :: Pidgeot
    ROCK :: Rhyperior
    GROUND :: Flygon
    PSYCHIC :: Gallade
    POISON :: Weezing
    GHOST :: Misdreavus
    FIGHTING :: Poliwrath
    ICE :: Dewgong
    DRAGON :: Dragonite
    STEEL :: Magneton
    DARK :: Umbreon
    FAIRY :: Dedenne

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • Day 25: Favorite Pokemon from each type

Here is my list.
    Normal: Snorlax
    Grass: Gogoat
    Fire: Magmar
    Water: Blastoise
    Electric: Raichu
    Bug: Pinsir
    Flying: Pidgeot
    Ground: Dugtrio
    Psychic: Mewtwo
    Poison: Weezing
    Ghost: Banette
    Fighting: Machamp
    Ice: Regice
    Dragon: Dialga
    Steel: Aegislash
    Dark: Zoroark
    Fairy: Xerneas

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years

Oh, boy.
    Bug:
    is probably my favorite. It looks cool, AND it has a nice Mega!
    Dark:
    ALWAYS. Any day. EVERYDAY. All the time.
    Dragon:
    Oh. This one is difficult. I'd say somewhere between these two.
    Electric:
    Darn. I'm not particularly fond of Electric-types, but I'm into these two...but I like Eelektrik a little more.
    Fairy:
    simply because it is adorable and I pike AZ's.
    Fighting:
    Oh. Uh... This, I guess...
    Fire:
    Yeah. (Also Litten but we don't have much art of it)
    Flying:
    It's my second favorite, but I need to make space for Gliscor here.
    Ghost:
    It's an adorable ghost with a creepy backstory.
    Grass:
    It's got Prankster, and it's fluffy!
    Ground:
    My second favorite, actually, but this one is pretty awesome. It's quite viable.
    Ice:
    STOP. HATING. ON. THIS. THING!!!
    Normal:
    ? Sooo many.
    Poison:
    Hmm. I like Scolipede a lot currently.
    Psychic:
    I have a plush of it I just want to hug...
    Rock:
    The one everyone hates. It relates to me. A lot.
    Steel:
    Yeeeeees.
    Water:
    A very overlooked one indeed.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Day 25: Favorite Pokemon from each type -

Normal: Stantler
    Grass: Shaymin
    Fire: Charmander
    Water: Buizel
    Electric: Helioptile
    Bug: Scizor
    Flying: Masquerain
    Ground: Phanpy
    Psychic: Victini
    Poison: Roselia
    Ghost: Misdreavous
    Fighting: Keldeo
    Ice: Sneasel
    Dragon: Altaria
    Steel: Steelix
    Dark: Zorua
    Fairy: Spritzee

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    Normal: Eevee, and also Furret.
    Fighting: Infernape and Keldeo.
    Flying: Togekiss
    Poison: Ivysaur
    Ground: Geodude
    Rock: Amaura
    Bug: Beautifly
    Ghost: Rotom
    Steel: Jirachi and Lucario.
    Fire: Victini
    Water: Oshawott
    Grass: Shaymin
    Electric: Pachirisu
    Psychic: Ralts
    Ice: Glaceon
    Dragon: Altaria
    Dark: Absol
    Fairy: Sylveon

pkmin3033

Alright, let's do this thing. I might gush a bit.

Normal: Arceus. It's Normal by default, so I'm rolling with it. I've always been interested in Creator deities, and Sinnoh brought them in spades with this and the assorted others. It was nice to see Pokemon embracing Creationism alongside the evolution that has always formed a core part of the franchise. The design is unexpected, too. Plus the movie wasn't too bad, and it has the coolest Pokemon battle theme ever. Plus that crazy mini-movie in HGSS. What was THAT all about. It was like Shepard's vision in the original Mass Effect.

Grass: Shaymin! Regular Shaymin, anyway. Yeah, there are going to be a lot of Gen IV Pokemon in my favourites. But I find the simple, cutesy grass hedgehog the embodiment of one of the things I love the most about Pokemon - the wacky designs. A hedgehog with a bush instead of spines. Plus flowers. Simple, yet unexpected...and so cute! I remember being so excited by the event distribution when I was younger, too; this was one of the first Pokemon I got this way. It holds many fond memories. Not the movie, though. God, this thing had an annoying voice...

Fire: Torchic. Awww, it's so cute! I've always been a sucker for bird Pokemon, and Torchic is as cute as they come. May's had heaps of personality in the anime - before it evolved and lost literally all of it, anyway - and it was my starter of choice. It also has the coolest-looking evolution route, and it trumps Treecko on the type charts...and I HATE Treecko and its evolutions.

Water: Replace the starters above and you'll have why I love Piplup so much. The difference? Dawn's never evolved and remained a huge part of the appeal of the DPPt anime. I'd wanted a penguin Pokemon for years prior to this, and Piplup answered my prayers. One of my favourite starters, if not my all-time favourite <3

Electric: Zapdos. Articuno might be my favourite Legendary Bird - see below - but I think they're all badass, and Zapdos has the best design. The Thunderbirds theme literally plays in my head every time I see it. This isn't just a purely aesthetic choice either, even if aesthetic is a huge part of it...and it was pretty damn useful in fourth-gen competitive play, too. I ran one in a lot of my teams and had a blast with it.

Bug: Volcarona. I've never liked bug-types, mostly because you spend most of your early game in literally every game (asides Black, but let's not talk about Black) fighting the damn things, they're annoying weak early-game fodder, and asides Butterfree I've never used them. But Volcarona is MOTHRA. This is easily the coolest - not the best, mind, but definitely the coolest - thing to come out of Gen V. I wanted one ever since I saw it and all the way through the game. It's got a phenomenal special attack stat, a great movepool, and it's not pathetically weak like 90% of a bug-types or infuriatingly overrated like Scizor or Heracross. It's...just right. Not something you see very often. Plus it's Mothra!

Flying: There are too many Flying-types. I'm going with Pidgey, because it's been a team staple for me in literally every game it is in. No matter what I'm doing, I ALWAYS have a Pidgey. It's not the strongest flying-type by any means, but it's carried me through so many situations down the years that I love it to pieces. Power to the Pidgey.

Ground: Rhyperior. Of all the fourth-gen evos of past gen Pokemon, I was most impressed with Rhyperior, because it actually looks like a significant step up from Rhydon. Electivire is just a fuzzier Electabuzz, Magmortar just looks more like Robotnik than Magmar, Tangrowth is a step closer to Sesame Street than Tangela, Magnezone is...whatever the hell Magnezone is. But Rhyperior is built like a freakin' tank. If you gave Rhydon battle armour, bulked it up to Super Saiyan muscle levels, and then gave it a club for a tail, you'd get Rhyperior. Solid Rock is a great ability, too. I want a Mega Rhyperior and I want it NOW, although I expect it'd crash the game and make my 3DS melt in my hands. Rhyperior is great.

Psychic: Meloetta, duh. What else was I going to pick? She's the magical girl of the Pokemon world, and one of the few good designs to come out of Gen V. I've always been fond of Meloetta...in her Aria form, anyway. Pirouette is a different story entirely. But eh.

Poison: Drapion. Drapion is just so...menacing. I mean, most poison-types are just plain icky, or part Bug/Grass (seriously Game Freak, cut that out already) or what you'd expect. Drapion looks like it'd just murder you the second it saw you. Drapion actually scares me a little bit, it represents that other side of poison: that lethal, quick-acting venom sort of side, rather than the corrosive/slow-acting sort of venom you see associated with most poison-types. Poison is just another weapon in Drapion's arsenal. Plus Paul and Hunter J both had one in the anime and they were powerhouses. It's not so great in the games, but I love the design and how it gets turned up to eleven in the show.

Ghost: ...die. Seriously. I love ghost types, picking one hurts. But...Spiritomb. Because it's so damn creepy and weird and the colours clash and everything. Plus Wondertomb was the ultimate trolling device back in the day. It took me forever to get a Spiritomb the first time, but I was so happy when I did. It's another one of those fun, unexpected designs that makes me appreciate Pokemon's variety.

Fighting: I hate fighting-types, so I literally only have one choice here: Breloom. Because I caused merry hell with it in the fourth gen. Ohhhh man. This thing was ridiculously annoying back in the day, and I loved every second of it. It's a very ugly design, but...well, no uglier than every other fighting-type ever.

Ice: Articuno. Articuno is one of the most amazingly beautiful and elegant designs out there, in my opinion. It also saved my backside more times than I care to count against Lance...hell, I doubt I would have beaten the E4 at all if not for Ice Beam that first time.

Dragon: Giratina. It's a Ghost Dragon. Of the Creation Trio Giratina is naturally my favourite; it's the mascot of my favourite Pokemon game, it has a fantastic alternate form in the Origin Form, a fleshed-out backstory that is a little different and more interesting than just "Arceus made it and it lives in its own dimension, the end" and is a bit more sinister...well, a lot more sinister.

Steel: Bastiodon. I LOVE BASTIODON! Uhhh, I mean...never mind. I think I mentioned earlier in this thread (like, waaaay earlier) that Bastiodon is actually my favourite Pokemon. It's a freakin dinosaur bulldozer. How is that NOT the coolest thing you ever did see? Have a childhood, for crying out loud! Aaaanyways, Bastiodon is amazing...and immortalised to me thanks to the stellar voice performance Byron had in the dub.

Rock: Onix! Onix was so ridiculously impressive back in Gen I; it was Brock's ace in the anime, and every time it appeared you just knew the battle was going to get that much better. A giant rock snake is a pretty cool concept too!

Dark: Darkrai. People hate the fourth gen for having so many Legendaries; personally, I love all of them! Darkrai was another interesting and pretty dark one for Pokemon, with the whole nightmare thing it had going on. It seemed more of a typical ghost than most ghosts design-wise, and the in-game event was pretty cool as well, albeit short. The tenth Pokemon movie also got me watching the films again, after the last two turned out to be absolutely diabolical.

Fairy: I dunno, I don't really like Fairy-types. Xerneas I guess, because it's an expy of the Forest Spirit from Princess Mononoke, and that was a good film, one of Ghibli's better ones.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Day 25: Favourite Pokémon from each type

On the basis if I could only choose one...
    NORMAL :: Ambipom
    GRASS :: Roserade
    FIRE :: Chimchar (it's adorable, kay)
    WATER :: Oshawott (yeah)
    ELECTRIC :: Manectric
    BUG :: Vivillon
    FLYING :: Togekiss
    ROCK :: Amaura
    GROUND :: Excadrill
    PSYCHIC :: Gardevoir
    POISON :: Stunky (I feel sorry for this skunk)
    GHOST :: Chandelure
    FIGHTING :: Pancham
    ICE :: Vanillite
    DRAGON :: Goodra
    STEEL :: Aegislash
    DARK :: Zorua
    FAIRY :: Sylveon

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2018
    Day 25: Favorite Pokémon of each type: (ooh, toughie)

Rock: Roggenrola
    Water: Squirtle
    Electric: Raichu
    Grass: Mega Sceptile (got that cool factor on lock)
    Poison: Nidoking (ultimate badass)
    Psychic: Xatu Mew, I meant to say Mew.
    Fire: Talonflame (recently dethroned Charizard)
    Ground: Golem
    Flying: Crobat
    Bug: Parasect (honorable mention for Mega Pinsir)
    Normal: Tauros (the original OU wrecking ball)
    Ghost: Gengar
    Fighting: Tyrogue
    Steel: Steelix
    Ice: Spheal
    Dragon: Dragonair
    Dark: Houndoom
    Fairy: Snubbull

Years
  • Day 24: A Pokémon you'd find useful in real-life
    I'd also love a Meganium to help family out in the garden since they're out there almost all the time when not at work, hah. But for me personally.. I'd take any Pokémon that can teleport long distances. Don't get me wrong, I love walking and travel, but cutting out plane/car rides would be the best thing in the world.

Day 25: Favourite Pokémon from each type
    My cuties!
    Spoiler:

Sirenita55

Team Popplio!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2018
    Day 23: What Pokemon would live in your part of the world?
    I'm going to answer this with respect to my hometown, in which I mostly see an abundance of seagulls and pigeons. The occasional fox can also be encountered. With that in mind, I can imagine my city containing Wingull, Pidove, Vulpix and Fennekin. As I live by the beach, crabs and starfish can also be found, so I'll add Krabby and Staryu to the list (although the latter might be a hidden encounter owing to its apparent rarity).

Hmmm, a hard thing to consider as I would love to have many species of Pokémon in the real world. However, I have decided that Blissey would be the most useful for me personally. As someone with anxiety and depression, a Blissey would be very useful. To cite one of its Pokédex entries: "If it senses sadness with its fluffy fur, a Blissey will rush over to the sad person, however far away, to share an egg of happiness that brings a smile to any face." I mean, how awesome is that? Furthermore, it's association as a Pokémon of physical healing would be very useful. Finally, she can use Sing, which would be very handy considering I have sleeping problems.

Day 25: Favourite Pokémon from each type
    NORMAL ::

GRASS ::

FIRE ::

WATER ::

ELECTRIC ::

BUG ::

FLYING ::

ROCK ::

GROUND ::

PSYCHIC ::

POISON ::

GHOST ::

FIGHTING ::

ICE ::

DRAGON ::

STEEL ::

DARK ::

FAIRY ::

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Day 26: A Pokémon that is your favourite colour

My favourite colour is orange and the first Pokemon that came to mind is Dragonite! Sah cuteeee

Spoiler:

Years
  • Day 26: A Pokémon that is your favourite colour

I would usually mention Oshawott again, but I figured I should give this spot to another of my fave Water starters - Froakie.

There is something cute and beautiful I find with the light-blue colouration that tends to be present on Water-type starters and as they show, it and white are colours that go so well together and it's no wonder why I love Water-types so much.

Back