• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 30 Days of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • 3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    It was nice, kind of lonely though, even more so than Pallet town...
    No, it's nice to start in small towns.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • 3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?

I kinda liked the town. The ocean at the bottom was a nice touch, especially when it sparkled. A couple windmills wouldn't hurt though.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years

Nah, it was fine for me actually.....like the nostalgic feeling it somehow brought to me. Don't think they should switch it up....I can't imagine a bigger small town or a different kind of town[better not make it like a farm/forest/city thing....I like the simply small village feeling to it.]

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    3. Twinleaf Town with 1 less house.

I don't mind the small village thing...just put things to do in there.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • 4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
    Oshawott. Like in recent U.S. presidential elections, it was a case of choosing the least of the evils presented to me. I always have a difficult time with grass starters (hence why I tend to stay away from them) and the idea of another Fire/Fighting type wasn't that appealing either.

I honestly don't regret it, because Unova is seriously lacking in decent Water-types and Samurott is one of the best among the choices that are given in the game.

Years

I started with my fave starter - Oshawott! I eventually got a Tepig and Snivy traded from my brother's White but I was most in sync with Oshawott. I know a lot of people love Snivy for its sneakiness but don't like Tepig for its "ugly" evolutions and Fire/Fighting type repetitiveness. I love all 3 but Oshawott's cute expression in the anime made me love it, after seeing Oshawott in the anime it made me want to choose him as my starter. I never regretted Oshawott cos mine (now a Samurott) helps me cross water with Surf plus he's one of the best Water-types available in Unova.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years

Hmmm... I chose Tepig the first time I played it. It was because I really wanted a Pansage, and Simisgage. And no, I didn't regret it. Emboar is baws.

btw. 3000 posts yeah!

Years
    In White, I started off with Oshawott because I wanted one in the first place and it was the easiest one to use out of the three. I didn't regret this one and it helped me a lot throughout the game. While in Black, I started off with Tepig because I didn't want to choose Snivy. Like my Oshawott, I didn't regret Tepig but then a few months later, I dumped it in my box because I was addicted to Shiny hunting that I dumped my whole team in my box instead. But still, my Tepig was pretty good and it helped me throughout the game as well.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I chose Oshawott! I think I made the right decision because there aren't many other options for water that aren't named Jellicent. I also like the Oshawott line the best out of the Unova starters. When I have used the others, they haven't been as good.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

I chose Oshawott in Black because I've always used the Water starters the first time I've played new games. I chose Tepig in White because Fire is my second favorite type to start with. I didn't regret picking both.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    I played it as a boy. Hehe... Yeah, it matched my gender in reality, all right. It's just how I roll when it comes to things like that. :P

3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    Nuvema? Small, but comfortably small, so it works just fine. Switching up could be an interesting thing. So the only thing we can do now is to wait, huh, for that other pair of games...

GhostQuill

Nooby Spriter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2012
    4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
    Oshawott because it's cute or Tepic because it's cool
    No regrets whatsoever

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • 2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    I play as a girl because I am a girl XD;

3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    At least it's bigger than twin leaf XD;

Snivy, cause it's the fastest outta the 3 :DD

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    I pick Oshawott because it is water type which is my favorite type and no, I did not feel regret about it.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024

Meh... okay. There's not much I expect from a starting town anyways. 2-3 houses + Professor's lab does it xD Although I don't really see how it's a town, with only 3 families living there. More like a village d;

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I never did this so I'll start with 1 and work my way up. :)

1. Did you buy Black/White on its release date (in your country)? Why or why not?

Yeah, I went out and got White with my bf on the release date. Even though we got in a car accident on the way, we basically brushed it off and went to go get them anyway and then played them nonstop.

Karma Police

Arrest this man
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Ugh I just realized I was a day late... so yeah, next question I guess.

I have always chosen Tepig as my starter. Fire Pokemon are epic offensive Pokemon, and they literally burn their way through each gym, so Tepig for me. I never regretted that decision lol.

blue

gucci
    Years

I started with Tepig as I instantly found it to be the cutest starter Pokémon of the lot! I don't regret it because Emboar is such an awesome Pokémon overall.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2014

I chose Snivy based on it's design, I thought it looked much better than Tepig and Oshawott. Plus I never really use grass types so wanted a change. The only time I regretted that choice was against Burgh, his Leavanny just destroyed my team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back