• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen 30 Days of Unova

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
  • 6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?

It was very...interesting. It was the first gym that wasn't rock type, aside from Jhoto's Flying type gym. Perhaps they just wanted a random 3-type matchup so they could make it difficult at the beginning. But anyway, I did like that they had us face one of the gym leaders depending on our starter.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • 6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?

I liked the idea 'cause you were always at a disadvantage and thus had to compromise that is, go get one of those monkeys in the Dreamyard, fff but I think it woulda been more fun to battle all three consecutively~ Of course, they would probably only have to have their elemental monkey, but that's besides the point. I can see it going something like this: Battle the person whose type puts you at a disadvantage, then the person of the same type, and finally the person your type is strong against. (So if you started with Snivy you'd battle Chili first, then Cilan, then Cress.) This way, it's more of a challenge in that your starter might still lose to the final person.

...OK, that was a bit long for what could've been a one sentence (or one word) answer XD;

Joshawott

Banned
    Years

Not at all. Though I'll admit the idea was neat, I felt like I was obligated to use one of the elemental monkeys. The first time I battled there I only used my Tepig to beat the gym and it took about five tries. :(

Sweet Candace

So Awesome! /)^ɛ^(\
    Years

I liked it, I liked going in with the same difficultly, no matter what starter type I chose.

wilso

Grass Master
    Years
    not really u see i have my servine by then and i hated panpour so i did a solo up to past 2nd gym

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Not really. But I give them props for creativity. I had to train my least favorite Elemental Monkey and Panpour didn't do much against Chili's Pansear. I boxed Panpour soon after beating Clay's gym and then I think I traded it for Pansear.

Wasteland

I'm nobody
    Years
    I liked it, but it didn't make too much of a point when you can rush over and get the monkey ...

7. Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite? Why?
    I guess Cress, because Chili looks to be unstable and Cilan is weird for liking Ash ...

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • Oh I missed plenty...

4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
    -Chose Snivy, and I never regret having him on my team...although the lack of power hurt me on the long run.

5. Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula town?
    -Since I always pay attention and try to get into the game, as in actually be in the game, I did.

6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?
    -Didn't really bother me as much, since I'm the type of person who trains my pokemon 5 levels higher than the gym itself...that alone was enough to beat Chili.

-I prefer Cress, since he's the best looking out of the three, and I love Panpour. Haven't battled him yet, since I only played the game once...and have a Snivy that I don't use anymore, but Cress seems to be the most "real" character out of the three.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah, it was all fine, however I think the game shoudn't have given the free elemental monkeys, untill after you beat them and depending on which one you beat. Eg: (Cilan - Pansage) Just to make it just a bit more of a challenge.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 7. Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite and why?

My favorite Striaton Gym Leader is Cillan because of his role in the anime as Ash's traveling partner. In the games, I noticed that Cilan acted nervous compared to his brothers, but I think that was a perk that the game designers wanted to add in there.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    6. Did you like the lack of starter bias that the the first gym had (it was the same difficulty no matter what type you chose)?
    Teehee~ It shows that stuff has just truly started when you get your butt handed over by the very first Gym. Hehe... It's a good thing that there's a thing called "that Dreamyard girl".

Cilan. AKA Mr. Fabulous with a nice helping of spinning and sparkles, if you want to get into that :P By himself in the games, he's also that guy that's standing out more than usual. How can anyone not love you?

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • 7. Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite? Why?
    Cress from the games because I like blue and his coolness. Chili from the Anime because he's fun and upbeat.

Years
  • 7. Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite? Why?

Cilan - I love his anime voice (both English and Japanese). Plus, I actually battled him cos my starter was Oshawott.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Going to answer 7 early since I won't be around. lol

The good thing about this is that there's a boy (near the Dreamyard I think? I can't quite remember.) that would give you either a Pansage, Pansear, or Panpour to battle against the gym leader's. I got a Pansear (because I chose Oshawott as my starter), and I was able to beat Cilan and his Pansage.

I don't really have a favorite per se. I only battled Cilan. And since he's a grass-type leader, and I really dig grass types, then he shall be my fave. :3

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
  • Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite? Why?
    I do not have a favorite one because most of them do not give me an impression and I am never really into gym leaders.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
  • 2. Did you play as a boy or a girl? Did it match your gender in reality?
    Boy
    3. What did you think of Nuvema town? Too small? Should they have switched it up with a different kind of town than previous games?
    Good size for a rpg
    4. Which starter did you choose and why? Did you regret it later?
    Oshawott and nope
    5. Were you swayed at all by Ghetsis' speech in Accumula town?
    *pressing B again*
    It would be good if you could vs all three
    I don't have one

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • [SIZE="a"]7. Which Striaton Gym Leader is your favorite? Why?
    I like Cilan the most. He's a pretty legit character in the anime/games and his brothers don't stand out much.[/SIZE]

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Ummm I dislike Cress the least so, ima say him lol.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back