• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: We’re liveblogging Pokémon Direct soon!

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • The direct stream is also in the article now, right below our liveblog comments. Saves you guys the effort of going to the nintendo website! =p

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Wow, good thing my rehearsal is done long before I checked this Direct. I hope Game Freak and the others will have some surprises for us in this Pokémon Direct :)

pkmin3033

What an anticlimactic absolute load of fucking crap! An announcement without a single trailer or even a HINT at what form these next games are going to take. I am beyond disappointed. What an absolute waste of time. They could have AT LEAST given us SOMETHING to speculate over, instead of a pointless montage of their godawful adverts down through the years.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • So it's Sun and Moon, then? I'm excited about it, and even more because I can play it in Chinese if I wanted to :) I hope it will be a good series of games.

Years
  • So, Pokemon Sun & Moon are real... and the 1st Gen digital re-releases will have Pokemon Bank compatibility too. Still, it's interesting that Sun & Moon will be on the 3DS, like how the DS had both 4th and 5th Gen... so this means 3DS has both 6th and 7th (?) Gen, so noticeable pattern there.

The addition of Chinese (both Cantonese and Mandarin) as a language option is great as well, although like Meloetta said I was hoping for more out of this announcement than just a 20th anniversary montage.

Years
  • it's officially announced. winter 2016 if i'm not mistaken. plus you can transfer generation 1 on virtual game to the newest game. addition to 2 Chinese language.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Pokémon Sun and Moon are legit, and yet we still don't have information as to whether or not it's Gen 6.5 or Gen 7. And oh snap, we can transfer Pokémon from the VC version of R/B/Y onto our PokeBanks? Does this mean their gender, natures, abilities, and IVs will be at random?

Years
  • he said, "on the previous games (XY, ORAS) we can only transfer at least from gameboy advance to the 3ds yet we can't do it on the gameboy color. but through the virtual game (red, blue, green, and yellow (pikachu)), you can transfer your pokemon on that games to your pokemon sun/noon through pokebank.
    he said nothing about the gender or stuffs.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I wonder if the gen 1 pokemon will only be able to be transferred to Pokemon Sun & Moon (and not XY and ORAS) because the way they worded it made it sound that way.

If that's the case it could imply that Pokemon Bank will keep them intact (so that you'll be able to put them back in the gen 1 & 2 games) and it'll be the 7th gen games which add the extra information to them when they're transferred over.

Still, it makes me even more interested in making up a team now that I know I'll be able to transfer it forward. Imagine that, all the way from the 1st gen to the 7th gen!

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    And oh snap, we can transfer Pokémon from the VC version of R/B/Y onto our PokeBanks? Does this mean their gender, natures, abilities, and IVs will be at random?
    That's how it was when Gen 1 Pokemon were transferred to Gen 2. It was always a surprise to learn a Pokemon's gender, and even that they were holding an item. I'd imagine that's how it would be this time around, albeit on a much larger scale.

Back