• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon Sun and Moon trailer released

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
Years
Ommg yay <3 Lapras, Sharpedo and Tauros along with Stoutland eh? Great choices and it's nice to see some of the underdogs get love (literally so with Stoutland, though we already knew he was able to carry the trainer!). I love the way the Pokémon are caught and the post-capture screen, it's really nice~ The stuff at the end with the trainers/starters was cute too. And yeey boat. ♥ All-around hype.

Years
At this point I'm more hyped now than ever to see what that bracelet actually does and the benefits of it. :o

If I recall watching the new Japanese trailer we saw the symbols for the Grass, Fire and Water-types appear on the starters during the "activation" scene of this new mechanic. Maybe the bracelet allows Litten, Popplio and Rowlet to use special moves or something.

blue

gucci
Years
Seeing all the different environments like the volcanic area just gets me really excited for these games! I can't wait to explore the islands and see all the different areas.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've updated the article with what I noted to be highlights. Let me know what else should be added! Got the posing --> starter animation thing (synergy evolution? special move? something outside battles?), Amie being back (!!!), and notes on other Pokemon seen.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
With Amie being back, Sun & Moon are quickly rising up to be some of the best Pokemon games ever. Now I am even more excited for these to be released!

I do wonder what those new options will be for Amie. Looks like one of them is grooming the Pokemon, maybe like Nintendogs.

Years
It's awesome to hear Pokemon Amie has returned, since I loved that feature so much in 6th Gen and I really want to see how the new 7th Gen Pokemon would react and how cute they would act towards you.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
Years
While I was playing my Y today and trying to evolve my Eevee, I was hoping that Amie would return in Gen 7, but I thought that it needed to be updated with more features and better backgrounds.... and what do you know? This trailer drops!! I'm loving this game more and more each day. I'm especially interested in the new Jojo move the Pokemon have, maybe it's a special type of move based off the Pokemon's type?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
The new looks at the region are great! I also really love the poses they are pretty cool. The last scenes and increased depth are nice. Also hats can come off! And we can groom pokemon in amie now which is pretty cool.

ShyRayq

Unprofessional Unprofessional
Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
I just love the trainers' poses. It's like Jojo. They're fantastic. If I could, I would just continually pull off those poses in battles. I'm definitely in the camp that the bracelet is related to super moves.

Years
You know, didn't one of the Chinese leaks or something mention something about Aime making a return but with more features or something?

I guess this reveal supports that leak. :x Shows we can't dismiss every leak so easily, then!

I forgot about the Chinese leak mentioning Amie, so maybe it does have some credibility that we might get more evidence of later on.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
You know, didn't one of the Chinese leaks or something mention something about Aime making a return but with more features or something?

I guess this reveal supports that leak. :x Shows we can't dismiss every leak so easily, then!

That gives no credit to it to be honest. It was almost guaranteed Aime would be making a return and that there would probably be more features.

Reactions: Nah

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I'm psyched when I saw that Pokémon Amie is back, but with grooming as well (I think you can see brush icon if you noticed well in that section of the video), since it is one of my fave features in Gen 6 games. On other side, I'm curious about these poses the trainers make, I'm wondering if it's related to the secret thing that are related to starters and Rockruff?

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
I forgot about the Chinese leak mentioning Amie, so maybe it does have some credibility that we might get more evidence of later on.

Nope, Chinese leak is dead. It mentions the video would have a new water beaver esque pokemon and angry ground and fighting gorilla. Neither showed so probably fake, plus the starter evos piggybacked off of the "leaked" concepts arts which made it suspicious.

Years
So looking at the Battle Royal scene in this trailer, it appears Rowlet learns Razor Leaf and Litten learns Fire Fang. Popplio was shown attacking a bird Pokemon with Water Gun but upon close inspection it appears to be a Fletchling.

Years
Nope, Chinese leak is dead. It mentions the video would have a new water beaver esque pokemon and angry ground and fighting gorilla. Neither showed so probably fake, plus the starter evos piggybacked off of the "leaked" concepts arts which made it suspicious.

Maybe the Pokemon mentioned could be revealed at a later date. Plus, I don't think we should give up on the starter evolutions yet just because a leak was proven to be fake. There was that one PokeBeach leak during XY pre-release that somehow accurately predicted some of the features from that game.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024

Neither of these were mentioned in the Chinese leak. It only mentioned a rugby monkey, a snowman, and a cucumber. And it said nothing specifically about this video.

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Maybe the Pokemon mentioned could be revealed at a later date. Plus, I don't think we should give up on the starter evolutions yet just because a leak was proven to be fake. There was that one PokeBeach leak during XY pre-release that somehow accurately predicted some of the features from that game.

Neither of these were mentioned in the Chinese leak. It only mentioned a rugby monkey, a snowman, and a cucumber. And it said nothing specifically about this video.
Here is what spread the Chinese leak, it then went to other sites, and the poster gave out a bit more when it got traction:

http://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/27134674/lol-he-wasnt-lying

Just look at the thumbnail as it's the the screencap of the thread. Sure the pokemon could be left out, but doesn't make much sense. Also translation team wouldn't know release dates for footage. I'll remain skeptical, but it's not really that solid atm.

Back