• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Pokémon and forms for Sun and Moon

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
Years
    • Age 34
    • Iowa
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    There is pretty much nothing that I didn't absolutely love about this announcement!!

The region variants and the riding pokémon especially!

Years
  • Seriously Game Freak are you trying to dethrone 5th Gen as my fave generation?

Now I can't decide between Fomantis or Bounsweet for my Grass-type... Minior, Oricario and Mudbray are all adorable, while Gumshoos shows our regional Normal-type rodent is becoming an instant meme-maker with all those Donald Trump jokes.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I love the newest Pokemon, but why do we have a Donald Trump Pokemon? Why??

Years
  • Omg Exeggutor that neck

I'm loving the Alola forms for Vulpix/Ninetails and Sandshrew/Sandslash they are so cool and it seems like Vulpix has turned into an Ice Fox which is really cute.

There's so much news in this video but the Pokemon Riding stands out to me, soaring on a Charizard sounds amazing and I'm sure with 'PokeRide' loads more Pokemon will become rideable :)

Years
  • The Chinese leaks were right after all.

Not sure if best birthday gift or worst.

I'm sure it was your best gift dude, but it's not just the Chinese leak that was likely real. Mallow appears in that leaked concept art of the starters' final evolutions as well, so that's two leaks revealed legit in one reveal.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I love the newest Pokemon, but why do we have a Donald Trump Pokemon? Why??

Because Game Freak's gonna make Pokémon great again.

Putting that aside, is every Kanto Pokémon going to have an Alola form?

I'm sure it was your best gift dude, but it's not just the Chinese leak that was likely real. Mallow appears in that leaked concept art of the starters' final evolutions as well, so that's two leaks revealed legit in one reveal.

But it also means no gyms, so now I'm going to look like a fool from colours, who's been very vocal about not wanting gyms.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • 4chan will be loving Alolan Exeggutor.

Other than that though the rest of them look great. I absolutely love Fomantis and Lurantis, another Pokemon to add to my never ending team.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    All those forms are a great island! Loving that the environment changed them, it makes the game feel really diverse and real. The trials look neat as well, and the pokemon had cool designs. I can't wait to see more!

EC

Years
    • Age 32
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I saw the ice Sandslash come across my timeline and my eyes grew wide. Oh my.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I really hope it won't just be Kanto Pokemon getting Alolan forms, although that seems like it'll be the case. :(

Overall I wasn't really blown away by the new Pokemon revealed this time. It doesn't help that we got a lot of grass and flying types. (and I'm picking Rowlet)

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm going to talk about the new Pokemon first...

Oricorio is so cute! And I love how its various formes each have a different typing. If they get good stats, I may get one, and ditch Pikipek and even Mimikyu.

Minior is pretty interesting. By the looks of things, it may also get decent Special Attack. In that case, Game Freak should make more special Rock-type moves.

I love the Fomantis line already, and if they get decent coverage, I may catch one for my team. Bounsweet, forget it.

Gumshoos looks pretty nice, but since it's pure Normal, I don't think I'll keep one in my team forever. But its totem form... It'd be nice if you could use that form yourself.

And then we have Mudbray, an adorable donkey! I hope it's obtainable early or middle in the game, and doesn't evolve by trading or something.

Now for the old Pokemon with Alola forms (which is probably Game Freak's version of Delta Pokemon):

Alola Exeggutor - While it looks pretty funny with its long neck, its new typing may make it more viable competitively. Now it needs some decent stats.

Alola Vulpix and Ninetales - While I was hoping for Fire/Ghost or something, they're very interesting! And Ninetales looks even more majestic than before!

Alola Sandshrew and Sandslash - Oh hey, it's the poisoned ice cream Sandshrew! And Sandslash... it looks like it's sick of the lower tiers, and ready to shine!

The Z moves are bound to be badass, riding your own Pokemon is going to be epic, and the Island Challenge is a nice and refreshing replacement for the standard gyms and Elite Four.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • As someone who was very disappointed that Ninetales did not get a Mega last Gen I am delighted that it got a new form for Aloha. Both Vulpix and Ninetales look great in their Ice Type design.

Exeggutor looks...odd and whilst it's a surprising choice for a new form it shouldn't be too surprising as Pinsir of all Pokemon inexplicably got a Mega Last Gen.

Ice Sandslash looks pretty cool as does his pre-evolution. Z moves look potentially fun.

Years
  • Minior's ability Shields Down makes it have buffed defense and immunity to status conditions when it's over half of its HP, and when it goes below half HP the core gets revealed and it loses those benefits. If that thing learns a self-healing move it'll be a tough thing to face in competitive for sure.

Years
  • Seriously Game Freak are you trying to dethrone 5th Gen as my fave generation?

Now I can't decide between Fomantis or Bounsweet for my Grass-type... Minior, Oricario and Mudbray are all adorable, while Gumshoos shows our regional Normal-type rodent is becoming an instant meme-maker with all those Donald Trump jokes.

Same dilemma I am having. :/

I guess we will have to wait and see Bounsweet's evolution. But, it will be tough to best Lurantis. I mean, orchid mantises are just insanely beautiful. I would be interested to see minior's evolution as well. It is definitely a dark-horse to be on my team, but I could see it being majestic.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • Region differences for the same Pokemon is long over due I'd say but I figured redraws Like pikachus from kanto have smaller ears than hoeen ones etc. but them having all new types is crazy . I too would like to see crystal onyx in the game now

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
    Years
  • Wow, I'm excited to see what this will all turn out to be! Looking like one of the best gens so far in my opinion.

I think the possibility of them replacing gyms for a trial is really cool. You end up with a cool pokémon at the end. Hope it'll be just as challenging as gyms have been for me in the past!

Z powers, ice vulpix, and all kinda of different evolutions. I'm jumping on the hype train for this one. Good job Gamefreak!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • That leak was real. It's hard to believe that would actually include delta species. (Hope they aren't limited to just Kanto pokemon) Can't accuse Gamefreak of getting stale. Took a risk by venturing into the unknown and giving us something fresh, new, and totally unexpected. It's definitely a big shakeup. Praise the sun.

Back