• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Look what's breaking records

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • More than a week has past, and I still have trouble downloading my SM demo. >_>

I wonder if this news was the only reason why this happened to me.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I couldn't be happier to hear this about the games. What's better is that it seems the announcement came prior to the most recent trailer which had a great deal of new content. Surely the news of returning characters, particularly Red and Green will boost pre-order sales even further.

Years
  • Definitely unsurprising to hear. With all the Genwunner pandering through stuff like Alola Forms for Kanto Pokemon and now the confirmation of well-loved characters such as Red, Blue and Cynthia returning it's clear Game Freak have been putting all aspects of the fandom in mind, even the ones who fell out of favour after most early generations.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • ^ Yeah I never pre-order games but I pre-ordered S/M because of the huge volume of pre-orders haha don't want to run the risk of missing out :O

Super exciting to hear, I wonder what the second highest number of pre-orders is.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • If I had to take a guess, I'd say Pokemon GO probably helped in this to some degree. People who played GO felt nostalgic for Pokemon, heard about Pokemon SM, got a 3DS (3DS sales were up ridiculously high) and now they're pre-ordering them.

Marketing genius, let me tell you.

I've been thinking about that too. Not only that, but I've been seeing a big surge of general merchandise being sold where I live within the past couple months. It's insane, I haven't seen it like this here since the late 90's when I was a kid. They're really pushing for the 20th Anniversary without a doubt.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Well... this makes me glad that I'm among those who downloaded the demo and pre-ordered both Sun and Moon right now! Not to mention one of the newest trailer hyped most of us Pokémon fans, I think everyone who produces and distributed Sun and Moon really really nailed it this time :)

Years
  • I'm not surprised Sun and Moon are breaking records and definitely think Game Freak deserve it with all the work they've put into these games :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    I wasn't THAT excited, till yesterday's trailer!
    I love being in this forum and speculating with all of you.
    Thanks guys <3

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Nov 13, 2016
    It shows that the Pokemon series is in good health. In addition to new players, I believe there are also past fans being enticed back from retirement.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    I want to know the exact numbers for the pre-order. Nevertheless, that's impressive that SM is the most pre-ordere game for a Nintendo System.

Back