• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Nintendo banning Pokémon Sun and Moon unlicensed players

Years
uNbKAii.png
Nintendo is applying bans to 3DS players for all online features, affecting people who got unlicensed early access to the games.
Check out more details here!

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
To quote the great Ike, "You'll get no sympathy from me." {XD}

Has Nintendo done something like this before? It seems people have been getting careless since they've had free reign with no repercussions.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
I'm glad they did get banned. Not being able to go online to enjoy the cool content the games offer is punishment well deserved. Though not sure if it lasts forever, but srsly just wait like the rest of us. Many people also seemed to have uploaded youtube vids of walkthroughs of sun and moon. Which is not allowed till the games out.

Years
Good, honestly. I think this is more justifiable because if they can access files to play illegally obtained games, then they more than likely will be able to ruin online for others too. Not just pokemon. And playing with cheaters is the absolute worse thing ever.

Last edited:

User19sq

Nobody should bash Ninty for being, eherm, "butthurt".

We should all bash the dumbasses for getting caught. Seriously? They thought they wouldn't get noticed? XDDDDDD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2017
Honestly, I laughed for a few minutes after I heard this. No need for me to be jelly anymore XD

Call me petty, but Hikamaru is on message when she says that we need to support GF and Nintendo to continue to make the games we love rather than literally steal from the hard work of creatives and employees. I mean, I want to see a gen 8, 9, 10, and onward; these idiots think that they should get amazing games without contributing? Just, no.

Odds are, if you can afford a 3ds and technology necessary to setup homebrew, you can afford a copy of the game for $35-45. Plus, we had 10 months to save up, or $4 per month.

Anyway, at t-minus 1.5 days, I am happy I waited and supported GF!

Last edited:

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Though not sure if it lasts forever, but srsly just wait like the rest of us.

I think it's probably a temporary ban, but will still last long enough that they won't be able to use online services until a bit after everybody else (including Europe).

TequitoClown

Swim swim. Swim sw- Tentacool
Years
This should tell people that if they want a game, support the people who made it. It's not like a free online game, there are people that have been working tirelessly for it.

It's kinda sad that they even had to do this. Don't break the law just because you want the pokemans.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
I'm glad to be able to afford this game. I'll wait till Thursday night at midnight to get it. I'm fine with this.

Years
I'm glad people are hearing my statement! Anyways, planning to get Moon this Saturday as an overdue birthday present, with Sun to follow next month for Christmas.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
*laughs maniacally like a Disney villain*

I'm surprised it took them this long, though. And the people that got caught have the nerve to say "**** Nintendo" when their punishment was rightfully deserved.

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
Years
Why were all enjoying online battles they can dwell on how much they get to miss it all. Some of the features I'm quite excited for.

Back