• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Nintendo banning Pokémon Sun and Moon unlicensed players

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
  • This something game developers should always do. I'm glad they did something, everyone gets the game released at the same time, there is no reason to do this.

PingPongCirculate

Mix these mixed nuts!
    Years
  • @all the hackers crying about being banned for pirating

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Good for Nintendo. Totally deserved and it's shocking they would do something so easily detectable in the first place.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Serves them right...

Leaking the games contents is one thing, giving the games files to pirates can play it before people who wan't to own it legitimately that's a whole different story...

Years
  • Well, can't blame Nintendo for this. I wonder how long this ban will remain and if the systems themselves will be stringently inspected from now on?

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2020
    Wow, Nintendo has actually caught users playing Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon illegaly. Those users download the full version without paying and they managed to get hacked Pokemons and attempted to trade away hacked Pokemons for other idiots to play with. I wonder how did people get Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon early without paying, they must have done something illegal. Should they go to court for it?

However those people have data mined the full game and they also leaked the story line. Pokemon International's YouTube channel has been taken down for leaking gameplay. He could have got into legal trouble for it.

There are still other Pokemon Sun and Pokemon gameplay still around on other YouTube channels like the Meta YouTube Channel with the Cubone avatar.

Well, can't blame Nintendo for this. I wonder how long this ban will remain and if the systems themselves will be stringently inspected from now on?

Maybe until the full game is released or they have paid for it legally/

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • PingPongCirculate said:
    all the dumbasses crying about being banned for pirating
    LOL ftfy, the hackers aren't crying because they're smart and know very well to avoid going online with the leaked game so they won't be banned, they're laughing to the dumbasses who went online with the leaked game and got banned, this ban is just a punishment for stupidity.

it's shocking they would do something so easily detectable in the first place.
    It's easily detectable just because the version number of the leaked game is set to 0 by the hacker(s) who made the .cia file. It's still impossible to detect pirated copies of the released games because they're fully identical (there's no need to edit the version number after the game is released).

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2020
    Honestly, I laughed for a few minutes after I heard this. No need for me to be jelly anymore XD

Call me petty, but Hikamaru is on message when she says that we need to support GF and Nintendo to continue to make the games we love rather than literally steal from the hard work of creatives and employees. I mean, I want to see a gen 8, 9, 10, and onward; these idiots think that they should get amazing games without contributing? Just, no.

Odds are, if you can afford a 3ds and technology necessary to setup homebrew, you can afford a copy of the game for $35-45. Plus, we had 10 months to save up, or $4 per month.

Anyway, at t-minus 1.5 days, I am happy I waited and supported GF!

{XD}{XD}

Same here!! Was a little jelly at first but now hihihihihihi

Back