• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Necrozma’s role in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Necrozma?s role in Pok?mon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Necrozma’s role in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Learn about Necrozma and see how it fits in with the new forms for Solgaleo and Lunala! What can we expect from Pok?mon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon?

Find out more!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If the Japanese logos are anything to go by then I'd assume that Necrozma has something to do with light refraction. It definitely seems akin to the Reshiram/Zekrom fusion with Kyurem from B2W2, but while they were sequels, an alternate storyline sounds more questionable right now.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I have a theory that Necrozma is armor or body parts that the original Solgaleo and Lunala that is spoken of in legends left behind in order to adapt to Pokeearth. At some point this armor/bodyparts came to life much like how Shedinja is the shed skin of a Nincada that's been reanimated, and even Kyurem's status as the husk of the original dragon. It would fit well with the Necro in it's name.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm pretty much thinking Necrozma's role will play out similar to Kyurem in B2/W2, aside from the "fuse with the mascot duo to make new forms" fact. The question is, how well will Necrozma's role be executed?

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • Not too fond of the design, but loving the concept of an eclipse. It was heavily theorized that the third legendary Pokemon (before the reveal of course) is based off on an eclipse, and possibly seeing that this generation excites me.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    Judging by their designs, I'm assuming the evil team in this game is trying to destroy the framerate of the game while battling.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Pretty sure you're overthinking of it. Necrozma's colouration is more outer space than black dwarf.
    Perhaps? :V Worth the speculation though I felt, given also it's harder for outer space (or well, a lack of anything in space) to link to Necrozma using something as an energy source.
    More like Zoids for me. at least for Solgaleo
    Necrozma’s role in Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
    Heh, that's neat!

Years
  • If Game Freak is going to such lengths to fuse Necrozma with Solgaleo and Lunala, then I'm fairly confident Necrozma will serve a large role in these games. My only question is how large, and what kind of relationship does Necrozma have with Solgaleo and Lunala?

After a bit more analysis I watched from speculation videos on YouTube, the new forms may not be a fusion but instead armour made from Necrozma's body as a result of an experiment by the Aether Foundation. Still gives some mystery as to that prism symbol on Solgaleo and Lunala's heads would mean.

Years
  • Strange thought. What if Necrozma is possesing Solgaleo and Lunala with pieces of its body?

That could be another possibility. Notice the shape of Solgaleo and Lunala's eyes compared to the original versions. The eyes look more evil with these new forms.

Years
  • Maybe Necrozma was captured and turned evil, since the Aether Foundation were like the typical evil team during S/M's plot while Team Skull were only helping them.

Back