• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4.5 days lost..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrchewy

nom nom nom
Years
  • *sigh* Some people still don't get it.

1. PokéCommunity is NOT "stuck back in time", it is merely using older data. All the dates, etc. will still be correct now.

2. It was not a hacker, lol. Database problems can be a common occurrence; thankfully the staff had the brains to make backups. It was no one's fault, and it 9probably) could not have been prevented.

3. Your old posts and PMs will never be coming back. They aren't "broken", they were erased forever. The fact that some of you are whining about having a lower post count just goes to show how shallow you really are.

May I suggest locking this topic? Because, really, there's nothing to even talk about. In other words, it's history (no pun intended).

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    woah!!my first fanfic is deleted, i thought that somebody hate me, so they might deleted my post... but when i read this post then i find out the reason... well i'm not planning post for to post again, that really annoys me... well im not complaining or anything...
    but i hope this site gets back to normal soon!!

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Let's see, in the process I lost:
    -My Mahou Sensei Negima Fanclub
    -Countless posts helping me with my team building
    -MANY PMs from my friends

*sigh* Oh well, but it will still take forever to remake to Fanclub ;-;

Commander_Latios

The man of Eternal Boredom...
    Years
  • i wondered what had happened. I kept trying to get online yesterday, but every time it wouldn't let me.

that, and the fact that when i got back on, first question i asked myself was "what the heck happened to all my posts?!"

on antoher note, at least the site's up and running again, so it's not all bad ^_^

Hazuki

delenda est.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2011
    Ok yeah, I got pissed off when I saw my profile when I logged on. =/

And now I have to post my story and RP again. -_-

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Well, 100 more posts to go until where I get where I left off. XD

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
    Years
  • ok thanks for clearing this up i thought my PC was stupid or somin so at least its not only me but lucky i didnt lose much stuff only Posts ah well.

Lets get posting.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
  • *sigh* Some people still don't get it.

1. PokéCommunity is NOT "stuck back in time", it is merely using older data. All the dates, etc. will still be correct now.

2. It was not a hacker, lol. Database problems can be a common occurrence; thankfully the staff had the brains to make backups. It was no one's fault, and it (probably) could not have been prevented.

3. Your old posts and PMs will never be coming back. They aren't "broken", they were erased forever. The fact that some of you are whining about having a lower post count just goes to show how shallow you really are.

May I suggest locking this topic? Because, really, there's nothing to even talk about. In other words, it's history (no pun intended).
    Yeah, my bad. I try to make it easier by saying that time went back for PC perminantly AS AN EXAMPLE. Now everyone is thnking that it's a paranormal time loop. It was a crash, we had a backup. All PMs are deleted, all posts after March 4 are gone, as if they were never here. I even have all the PMs I recently deleted. And...

THIS IS THE PERMENANT SITE.

The only thing that must be fixed, if it hasn't already, is the dates. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.

To RP, fanfics, etc, make sure that before you post your stories, (or whatever you do, I don't know) make sure to save a copy on your computer every time.

What I do when I make a long post (like this) is copy it until the post goes through, since my ccomputer freezes with this crappy wifi.

So yes, this thread should be locked, just bumped up this post so that people can see. All I wanna know, are we up to date on the latest hacking prevention software, lest a Torchic loser comes up.

PS:Why do people care about their post count? Do they get a prize? I know 25 is important, but after that...

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • ok thanks for clearing this up i thought my PC was stupid or somin so at least its not only me but lucky i didnt lose much stuff only Posts ah well.

Lets get posting.

same here......... but then when Smeargle's worked I was all "WTF?"

oh well. Like they say:

TIME WARP HEALS ALL WOUNDS
    &
    A STITCH IN TIME HEALS NINE

in other words, this is a chance to start over again!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    will the delted posts come back?

and could it be, that the back up delted accounts?

Years
  • will the delted posts come back?

and could it be, that the back up delted accounts?
    Unless a database backup from the day of the crash magically appears, then no, the deleted posts are never coming back (as I'm sure has been said multiple times already). The backup didn't delete the accounts, but since it was made before those accounts were, it didn't have the info for them - thus why they "disappeared". It's as if they never existed in the first place.

What we have now is all we'll be getting.

Umanouski

1/2 of the NIWA Tag Team Champ
    Years
  • you think this and that error screen are related?
    Could that have been the sign of a possible system crash? Nobody has seen to mention this possibility

So at least once a week, PC is saved externally on what amounts to a giant floppy disc?

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    i was suprised when i could not find some the posts, i understand now

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
  • It seems we've covered all the issues. I'm going to close this now as its getting repetitive.

If you have any additional questions, please contact the nearest staff member. Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back