• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Let's Go] New Let’s Go! Pikachu and Eevee trailer features Oak and Misty

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Updated the article with a bunch of further observations (e.g. Starmie's level is lower than RBY/FRLG), images (Kanto map! thieving squirtle!) and version exclusives (Eevee has Vulpix, best version). Also both the English and Japanese trailers are there.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm excited to play it, the trailer is great! :) How Pokemon should have always been.

Years
This trailer is pretty decent. Gyms looks awesome. New Kanto map is full of life. If you looks closely, you'll see some Pok?mon places on weird places like Ivysaur/Venusaur, Blastoise, Butterfree, Wigglytuff and Clefable. You can see Squirtle and Wartortle in Vermilion City, but Blastoise is in that weird area not seen in original games. Also Charmander line and Bulbasaur are on the exact same places as in Yellow. Does that mean you can get them just like in Yellow? But then, why can you catch them in Viridian Forest too? Also, Mr. Mime is in the Safari Zone and Jynx in the Articuno Island. And you can see silhouette of Mew in the clouds. And Dragonite is little bit further from its pre-evolutions. That's all I can see in the map. Did I miss anything?
Last thing that I love is Misty's artwork. The artstyle isn't that bad after all.
Another thing that caught my eye is at around 0:30. You can see 3 Pok?balls on the table and your character is picking one. That's not how it was in Yellow...
But they repeated all the things I hate about the games such as co-op, rival - that looks awful now that we could see more of him and Pok?mon outfits - and I hate this one even more because of the stupid hairstyles. They look so bad. How can they make something so beautiful like Misty and then make this rival (what was his name again? Trevor?) and hairstyles.
But at least, player customization is back.

Years
Love the art style. To me it looks like it will be a fun game. Hope we can get all 4 starters.

Love that you can travel on a Charizard!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I love the ride mechanic?Charizard and Arcanine look particularly fun! Misty and the gyms have nice designs, although I can't say the same for the new rival, haha.

All in all, I'm left with a good impression!

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Updated the article with a bunch of further observations (e.g. Starmie's level is lower than RBY/FRLG), images (Kanto map! thieving squirtle!) and version exclusives (Eevee has Vulpix, best version). Also both the English and Japanese trailers are there.

Hah knew there would be version exclusives and does the version you get dictate your starter or just what Pokemon are available? Curious as to how difficult they intend to make trading for those who want to finish the Pok?dex. Anyways, thanks for the update.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
Hah knew there would be version exclusives and does the version you get dictate your starter or just what Pokemon are available? Curious as to how difficult they intend to make trading for those who want to finish the Pok?dex. Anyways, thanks for the update.

My guess is that it will dictate both of those things, version exclusives in the wild as mentioned as well as getting only the starter which corresponds with the box you purchase.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
My guess is that it will dictate both of those things, version exclusives in the wild as mentioned as well as getting only the starter which corresponds with the box you purchase.

Heh well being that Oddish was exclusive to Red, then one can kind of put LGP as the new variation of Red(although Sandshrew was a Blue exclusive last time) while LGE is consequently a new variation of Blue. Both games will have instances of Yellow however based on where Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle appear on the map.

Being that I've had Yellow for the longest time, if I was to get it(which I'm not), I'd likely get LGE since it has Vulpix(my favorite Pokemon).

Years
It's nice seeing the new map of Kanto. It definitely has a lot more colour and vibrancy to it now. Also, who thinks that like Brock, this new design of Misty was influenced by the anime? Because in the anime she did wear denim shorts.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
Heh well being that Oddish was exclusive to Red, then one can kind of put LGP as the new variation of Red(although Sandshrew was a Blue exclusive last time) while LGE is consequently a new variation of Blue. Both games will have instances of Yellow however based on where Charmander, Bulbasaur and Squirtle appear on the map.

Being that I've had Yellow for the longest time, if I was to get it(which I'm not), I'd likely get LGE since it has Vulpix(my favorite Pokemon).

I always played Blue growing up, so I'm pretty torn on this. I really wanted LGE, but I've never had the chance to use Oddish / Growlithe either! :|

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I always played Blue growing up, so I'm pretty torn on this. I really wanted LGE, but I've never had the chance to use Oddish / Growlithe either! :|

That?s where you get Yellow and use both along with getting your fill of Pikachu as your starter. What I don?t like though is that it appears they nerfed the Gym Leaders. Starmie being two levels lower implies Staryu is probably 16 or 17. Granted it?s still 4 months until it releases but that?s another red flag if I was considering it.

Years
oh my goddd I am so excited. The graphics and gameplay look so smooth and beautiful! Can't wait to get my hands on a Switch and the Pikachu version to play the heck out of this. Never get bored of reliving Kanto, especially not with such pretty art aaa

Last edited:

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
It's nice seeing the new map of Kanto. It definitely has a lot more colour and vibrancy to it now. Also, who thinks that like Brock, this new design of Misty was influenced by the anime? Because in the anime she did wear denim shorts.

Agreed. Kanto's new map is getting Hoenn-like treatment when they're getting a remake now, so it definitely looks way more nicer. Plus, I think Let's Go games taking a cue from anime is more obvious, but in a good way. I also noticed Misty saying "My Steady" in Japanese (one of the screenshots in the Daily says so), which I think is also told from the Sun and Moon anime a while back, I'm not sure if she did say that in the games before.

So far the new trailer looks promising for me, and glad that character customization is back, to trainers and to their Pok?mon partner as well. Some part of customization makes me wondering, can I pull off Sparky-like style on Pikachu? And female Eevee's design looks cute indeed.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
Years
If you play GO then at least you can transfer them over and use them roughly midway through the game.

Eevee version for me, but I prefer its exclusives anyway.
oh my goddd I am so excited. The graphics and gameplay look so smooth and beautiful! Can't wait to get my hands on a Switch and the Pikachu version to play the heck out of this. Never get bored of reliving Kanto, especially not with such pretty art aaa
My only concern with gameplay smoothness is that in the trailer it appears to stutter a touch in the co-op play segment. A bit worrying there if they're struggling already to deal with that - you rarely see lag on much more graphically intensive titles like, say, BotW.

kitarei

☕ milk tea & 💻 code.
Years
That?s where you get Yellow and use both along with getting your fill of Pikachu as your starter.
Hah, yeah that was a great alternative back in the day - if only it was applicable to LGPE :(

If you play GO then at least you can transfer them over and use them roughly midway through the game.
I have no idea why I didn't think of this, thank you! Hah! I think this settles LGE for me.

Years
Admittedly didn't notice the stutter, but I'm still excited to finally have a reason for buying a Switch and exploring Kanto in a more immersive way. Though..

Eevee has Vulpix, best version

Looks like I'll definitely be trading as early as possible. Need Vulpix. ?

The Best there was

Training To Be The Best
Years
This looks amazing.

Also dont know if anyone else noticed but in the last video (Jap TV advert) we see Jessie and James of Team Rocket!

I was leaning towards Eevee version but now it has been confirmed Growlithe is on Pikachu I will be changing to that.

Back