• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéCommunity Daily: (April Fools) Ash to retire from Pokémon anime

Years
  • Shame, I had really just started to like Ash more than ever before after watching some more of the anime as of late.

Last edited:

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Pretty sad none of you know an April Fools joke when you see one *rolls eyes*

It's 5:38 PM here but i know it's a April fools joke, sadly that would be too good to be true if Ash retired

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Oh good i can change my name to whoever the new protag is

(Theres such a thing as following along with a joke btw)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    To be honest, I wanted to believe this April Fool's joke so that new life could be injected into the anime.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    But what does Team Rocket think about Ash retiring, I wonder.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2020
    Pretty sad none of you know an April Fools joke when you see one *rolls eyes*
    I agree. thats what i thought when i read this.

has anyone noticed that if you hover over ash's profile picture and click the inkay a secret appears?

Last edited by a moderator:

Soccersam

Hilbert is Badass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Damn. I almost believed this. It wouldn't be too bad if it really happened though. At this point, I feel any protagonist would be better than Ash.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I think some people did realise it was an AF joke and just went with it in their posts, haha. But glad some of you seemed to enjoy!
    Oh my gosh, that Pikachu gif XD
    It's one of my favourites involving Pikachu, haha.
    Have it be Team Rocket.
    I agree with Caite let's have it follow Team Rocket as they just explore each region. It'll be cute.
    They'd have to get used to the idea of not having to chase Ash for his Pikachu half the time. :V

CodeHelmet

Banned
    Years
  • Thing is, while it's not a bad joke, there were better options than saying Ash was being retired from the Anime:

Galar Pokemon leak(say a Leprechaun or other Pokémon native to UK for example. Would need help from artist community to pull this off)
    Galar final starter evolutions and typings(ongoing debate but it'd be massive clickbait)
    Serena returning as Galar main lead <- that would be clickbait x 9000. Iris or another former lead would also entice interest but none more than Serena due to UK's proximity to France(and hence speculation that she might return).

And so on... If Ash was going to be retired, they would have done it by now as I see it(right after winning Kalos as opposed to coming up short yet again or even earlier than that). Curious as to what the joke will be next year. Could try faking someone's death or announcing the engagement of two people? *Cough* Sheep and Bob *Cough*

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ehh. I believe so many other places were probably doing the whole leak thing for April Fools I'm def okay with this as a joke instead haha. 'Sides we had a few other jokes going around the forum too (the fake hacks for one)!!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    some of y'all just gotta learn how to have fun and not take shit so seriously sometimes

Back