• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Trailer for next Pokémon Anime series revealed

Cid

Years
  • Go is a boy? I'm really excited either way! His name and the all-regions theme of the new anime has to be a reference to Pokemon GO, haha.

PS: Ash looks so good in the new art style.

Soaring Sid

Now I'm motivated
    Years
  • I am very excited for the new anime and hope it surpasses the Kalos anime as the best. There are monuments from all the countries and a few pokemon representing which is which. Ash looks like he's 12 or something. But Ho-Oh's blessing might still linger, he will never grow up and always have fun=(.[st Gou looks cool, he has Scorbunny, which could mean he's a hot-head or maybe somewhat like Ash himself.

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I hope Go is laid back and relaxed except when battling. Sun & Moon was a pleasant anime, would hate to follow it up with a rude person.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • Why exactly is Ash going around all the regions? So he's not going to Galar? I'm still super confused.

Although... I guess I'm okay with this. They should take advantage of this.

BY FINALLY FINISHING THAT HO-OH STORYLINE THEY DID AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SERIES.

Right... like that will happen... 😑

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2023
    Im afraid of Go being a rival to Ash even if he is a rookie and defeating him at the end in the league.... it looks so possible and absurd.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Go is adorable and has my full support!!

I hope he travels with Ash as as opposed to being a rival, but he also seems like a rival type to me.. :(

Love his seiyuu too !

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
    Years
  • PLEASE have Ash find and re-recruit his old Pokémon while travelling through the regions... and end up at the Battle Frontier and be a Frontier Brain at the end...

Last edited:

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Why exactly is Ash going around all the regions? So he's not going to Galar? I'm still super confused.
    I think they'll start in Galar at least! It would be silly (marketing-wise) for them not to. But this theme of going around the regions means they don't have to drag out the Galar journey, which is... probably really good haha.

Im afraid of Go being a rival to Ash even if he is a rookie and defeating him at the end in the league.... it looks so possible and absurd.
    That could be... somewhat irritating. But maybe I wouldn't mind so much if Ash plays the mentor figure and the series builds up to Go defeating him?

PLEASE have Ash find and re-recruit his old Pokémon while travelling through the regions... and end up at the Battle Frontier and be a Frontier Brain at the end...
    Ahhh they could visit everyone yes! I don't think I'd love it if the old team members ended up with Ash again because most that were released/went to live somewhere else kind of... completed their own storylines and it doesn't make a lot of sense to bring them back when they don't have a story to tell.

Ash taking some kind of official position- whether gym leader or Frontier Brain or whatever- I really only see that if they have him leave the series entirely. But it would be nice to see, when they decide to end his journey!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Uh, I was really hoping for the new character from the leak to be a girl. Well, still cool I guess. We do need more characters, it'll be really weird if there's no female travelling companion and it's just Ash and Go...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm kind of hoping there's not a(n announced) female companion because they're gonna meet up with all the previous girls but maybe that won't be the case at all haha. I think the weirdest part might be having only two characters instead of three or four!

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
  • Looks like they got a new composer for the show too. Yuki Hayashi Is going to replace Shinji Miyazaku (Who's been the composer since the start of the pokemon anime.)

Here's some notable anime that Yuki Hayashi worked on.

-My Hero Academia
    -Gundam Build Fighters
    -Gundam Build Fighters Try
    -Haikyu!!!
    -Junji ito Collection

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • They haven't completely said how the anime is going to work, although going by the art, it looks like Ash and Go will travel together, but they could be separate as well. They really need to explain how this anime is going to work. As I said in another topic, it is either going to be great or terrible. There won't be an in-between I don't think.

As for what I love and look forward to.
    Expanding on the Older Regions further, other than Kanto, I really don't care about Kanto.
    The idea of bringing back all pokemon and evolving them further.
    The possible idea of bringing in manga or game characters that haven't already been.
    Bringing back older characters, not just main traveling companions, but also characters like Cassie that we haven't seen since Johto.

What I am afraid off:
    A complete reboot.
    Ash not catching any new pokemon at all.
    Traveling with no end goal. Making the whole series useless and filler filled like Alola, Kanto, Johto and Decolore Isles.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • My next question is how the hell they are going to teleport Ash (and the new companion? I guess?) all over the regions and then back to wherever he left off in Galar.

Rotom? That's major loophole-ish though.

This seriously still does not make any sense. 😣

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My next question is how the hell they are going to teleport Ash (and the new companion? I guess?) all over the regions and then back to wherever he left off in Galar.

Rotom? That's major loophole-ish though.

This seriously still does not make any sense. 😣
    PokéWorld's got airplanes. Ash took an airplane to Unova, Kalos, and Alola didn't he? And ships to Hoenn and Sinnoh iirc. Kanto and Johto have the train and also are just straight walkable. It's not difficult or time-consuming to travel that way. Or to do timeskips. We all know we could have cut out the third of Johto that was just walking through forests.

What I am afraid off:
    A complete reboot.
    Ash not catching any new pokemon at all.
    Traveling with no end goal. Making the whole series useless and filler filled like Alola, Kanto, Johto and Decolore Isles.

You know, people disparage "filler" constantly but this is like... a feel-good episodic anime, really. "Filler" is a) to be expected and b) usually fun and nice and cute. Those episodes are used to flesh out the world a little- meeting characters that a trainer wouldn't normally interact with, showing us how their world works, developing the main cast a bit more. It's still enjoyable. And people can't even really agree on what episodes are filler anyway, so I'm pretty disinclined to use it as a descriptor.

Also wait like... are you saying most of Kanto was "filler"? 'cause of all the conversations about alleged filler in the past, that's an opinion I've never heard.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Aw a boy. Would have made for such a cool girl :)

Not sure how to feel about the fact that they're still not letting Ash go after winning a League. Not super enthusiastic about it I think.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • What i consider a filler is an episode that has no new pokemon captures, no story advancements, no new moves, and nothing learned. Literally an episode that has nothing, but filler. I understand pokemon is going to have fillers. But when the entire saga is full of them. Like the Decolor Islands and like most episodes in Alola, it is hard to enjoy. And sorry, Kanto isn't as bad as Johto.

I hate animes that have no story and is just randomness. Space Dandy, very popular, but I hate it. Or something like the simpsons when is episode is stand alone. I just can't stand or enjoy it.

A filler, to me is this:
    When a main character doesn't capture a new pokemon.
    Main characters' pokemon don't learn a new move.
    No lessons learned by the characters.
    Nothing that supports the main story and is random. (Example, all the Snubull episodes)
    No contests/gyms/trials or any other type of contest.
    No character growth.
    Episodes that are about 1 off characters that never return.
    Episodes that don't include the evil teams. (Not including Rocket Trio)

Now if they have filler arcs like the Summer Camp in Kalos, that I can enjoy. Yes it is a filler, but it has its own story while also teaching, Ash about different battle styles, as well as teaching Serena to battle.

Last edited:
    Back