• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6 year old Kid spends 16K on Sonic Forces Mobil Game

Inky

:pleading_face:
    Years
    • he / him
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You sound surprised, but I have it on good authority that Tyler has spent more than double this on Genshin Impact... and that's just this month :femme2:

pkmin3033

Exploitative monetisation is a common problem in the mobile gaming industry - or in the video game industry period - and unfortunately it's probably not going to go away anytime soon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    This is why you never give your kids access to your credit card or devices. Like, the gacha/microtransaction trend that has gripped gaming over the past several years is a scummy thing, but it's also really stupid to think that nothing could go wrong leaving your credit card available for use in the hands of a small child.

Years
    • Seen today
    I was checking the most expensive games on my amazon tablet a while back.

Almost every review had complaints from parents or grandparents that went something like: "My child accidentally purchased this and they aren't giving us a refund".

Years
    The video game industry is pretty much completely ruined at this point. FIFA and Madden have been fucked for years and every other company has seen the billions EA has been raking in from these smooth brained Chads spending thousands on FIFA and Madden EVERY YEAR to get the same shit that they blew their wads on last year. It is ruining most triple A titles now, big wigs forcing their games out before they are ready so that they can money grub those sweet, sweet holiday dollars! Look at CDPR and Cyberpunk! Greedy capitalists (a bit redundant but oh well) corrupt everything they touch. You can't even be happy with being a multi-million dollar company that puts out quality content and makes their consumers happy.

Now you have to squeeze every damn dime out of every person you can and you know GF would love to go this route as well. Look how they locked Pokemon behind paywalls and made us pay $90 if we wanted to get all Pokemon available (still not even all Pokemon). I think it will get worse every generation as well because we are all compliant, I paid it, shouldn't have, but I did. If GF can every get away with locking Pokemon behind loot boxes, they will absolutely do it because the bottom line is money and that is all that matters to these companies. Makes me equal parts sad and sick.

Last edited:
    Years
    The video game industry is pretty much completely ruined at this point. FIFA and Madden have been fucked for years and every other company has seen the billions EA has been raking in from these smooth brained Chads spending thousands on FIFA and Madden EVERY YEAR to get the same shit that they blew their wads on last year. It is ruining most triple A titles now, big wigs forcing their games out before they are ready so that they can money grub those sweet, sweet holiday dollars! Look at CDPR and Cyberpunk! Greedy capitalists (a bit redundant but oh well) corrupt everything they touch. You can't even be happy with being a multi-million dollar company that puts out quality content and makes their consumers happy.

Now you have to squeeze every damn dime out of every person you can and you know GF would love to go this route as well. Look how they locked Pokemon behind paywalls and made us pay $90 if we wanted to get all Pokemon available (still not even all Pokemon). I think it will get worse every generation as well because we are all compliant, I paid it, shouldn't have, but I did. If GF can every get away with locking Pokemon behind loot boxes, they will absolutely do it because the bottom line is money and that is all that matters to these companies. Makes me equal parts sad and sick.

and people ask why i only play a very few amount of games anymore. it's bcs i actively avoid sh*t like this. i almost fell into the csgo skin addiction and gambling hole a while back but i was able to pull out thankfully. sold all my skins except for one and haven't looked back.

i just wanna go back to playing games and not having to throw my wallet at it to do it.

Years
    and people ask why i only play a very few amount of games anymore. it's bcs i actively avoid sh*t like this. i almost fell into the csgo skin addiction and gambling hole a while back but i was able to pull out thankfully. sold all my skins except for one and haven't looked back.

i just wanna go back to playing games and not having to throw my wallet at it to do it.

Yep, League of Legends got me when I was like 16 and just started working. I would straight up spend my whole paycheck on skins, didn't matter because I was living at home and going to school still but I am lucky it wasn't habit forming. I really only play Pokemon and RuneScape nowadays, maybe some Dark Souls when I think I need to be punished. 😂

Years
    Yep, League of Legends got me when I was like 16 and just started working. I would straight up spend my whole paycheck on skins, didn't matter because I was living at home and going to school still but I am lucky it wasn't habit forming. I really only play Pokemon and RuneScape nowadays, maybe some Dark Souls when I think I need to be punished. 😂

good on you man. i'm lucky i spent my teen years with an awful office PC bcs the only games i could run on that thing were counter strike source and some GBA games lol. i guess over the years my interests just seemed to gravitate towards those as a result.

as for mobile games though, i did give them a shot back then. turns out they drain my battery pretty darn fast and 90% are littered with wait times and only microtransactions can remove them. none of these games are every truly "free". uninstalled everything and freed up a ton of space on my phone. now it's just solely for pictures, browsing socials, and communication. good move by me since at least i'll never find the need to get the latest and greatest most expensive model one everytime.

Years
    Gacha is like this, and to be honest gacha games in general are predatory, especially to those who could become easily addicted.
    It's no better than gambling, they should not be able to blatantly advertise and promote paid content and put basic features behind a paywall.

What's worse is most in the gacha community look down on f2p users.

Years
    Gacha is like this, and to be honest gacha games in general are predatory, especially to those who could become easily addicted.
    It's no better than gambling, they should not be able to blatantly advertise and promote paid content and put basic features behind a paywall.

What's worse is most in the gacha community look down on f2p users.

It's no better than gambling because it is gambling.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
    Years
    • Age 30
    • he/him
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    this doesn't shock me, as there is one youtuber i watch who spends a good amount of games like these. though i suppose that's different since it's their job and they make it back.

Back