• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 16, 2010
a remake will never happen for G/S/C.
Please do not make biased assumptions. There is no evidence to disprove this theory regarding a remake and you know it. Nintendo has a marketing method of releasing multiple versions of the same game to score more cash. In addition, they have a pattern of releasing remakes shortly after the new generation.

Also, the Johto data is probably enough evidence by itself if one has common sense. Why would Nintendo waste their time programming locational data?

This a great example of an unintelligent response toward a factual explanation. Don't bother rejecting one's standpoint on the issue when you can't provide mature replies.

Until Nintendo release an offical document, nothing is proven.
We are still free to make reasonable speculations toward the potential G/S/C remake, however.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
There is a simple answer:

You cannot assume that they will make a remake.
But you cannot assume that they wont.

There are two sides to this whole thread, that means, it could go on forever.

Years
I hate to break it to you guys, but the only pokemon that aren't available in DP are the Previous Starters and Legendaries. This is not to say there will not be a remake as I am hopeful that they will, but No-one can be certain.

This may be slightly off-topic, but I just thought of an awesome idea. FRLG was based after RBY, right? So if Nintendo remade a new Johto/Kanto game, then they could implement the following feature:
Have the games based at the same time, so when the new game has been finished, you can merge the save files or something similar, so you can freely roam between the two games, changing cartridges when necessary. This is a pretty elaborate idea, but it would be really cool if it works.

~ARCHER~

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2008
heard

I heard a rumor that in 2009 there is a remake of Gold and Silver and the game is called Pokemon Platinum, that's what i heard.

PB.

'PB
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2011
2009 seems a little far away to me, I would have thought that It would already be in production.

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2008
i know

I know but i think maybe Platinum will come out in Fall of 2008 I would definitely buy it

i was on youtube and it said that pokemon platinum will come out in 2008 and there was a website heres the link http://www.gscplatinum.proboards51....incharacters&action=display&thread=1145737161

heres the link to the youtube video of pokemon platinum http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYsVM1QzuMs&feature=related

i found screenshots of the new remake of gold and silver on youtube and it showed the game case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyHn5mDUuzI&feature=related

on bulbapedia here's info that there is a remake
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_Gold_and_Silver_remakes

hope all of these links are helpful

Last edited:

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I found this in Pokesav:

-Johto was one of the location names a Pokemon can coem from (Found next to Kanto, Hoenn, and "Distant Land"[aka Orre])

They're listed on the Game of origin:
-Ruby Hoenn
-Sapphire Hoenn
-Emerald Hoenn
-FireRed Kanto
-LeafGreen Kanto
-Colo/XD (Orre)

And TWO Johtos, which are listed as Johto(Gold) and Johto(Silver)

EDIT:
From what Bulbapedia says, Nintendo has copyrighted the names Pokemon DuskGold and Pokemon DawnSilver
(Other game names were copyrighted before Emerald being announced, which included Emerald itself, were Amythist, WhiteGold, Opal, and two other ones I can't remember)

Last edited:

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
They won't announce the new games until they can show screenshots.
lol, I still remember the first screenshots we got from FR/LG... I was so excited XD

Olz.

The Magic Auroa
Years
Hmm yea, i think there will be a G/S Remake.. God would be awesome. Mind you. what would they call them? xD

Twinx

s o m e t h i n g M O R E
Years
Pokemon Dusk Gold would be just painfull! WhiteGold is no better.
Pokemon Dawn Silver seems ok.

lol imagine if they call it Pokemon Shiny Gold XD
zel would take them to court :P

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
Pokemon Dusk Gold would be just painfull! WhiteGold is no better.Pokemon Dawn Silver seems ok.

IIRC, the Japanese name for "White Gold" does not make any reference to gold. White Gold is basically the common English name for the metal.

I KNOW it's going to be DuskGold and DawnSilver. They're the only copyrighted names that make sense in both English AND Japanese.

Also:

Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Pearl were copyrighted at the same time as Emerald, Whitegold, Amethist, and Opal. DuskGold and DawnSilver were copyrighteed later on.

mad567

Pokemon Mirage Master
Years
well if nintendo see that many people want a G/S remake then they might probably do it.
I think people that who wsnt the remake could sent e mails to nintendo!!

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2008
all

we should all email nintendo to make a remake of g/s

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
They ARE making it, or at least planning on it >.<;

Why else would they all fo a sudden copyright the names "Pokemon DuskGold" and "Pokemon DawnSilver"?

IMO, If there is a third game, it will obviously by Opal Version, which has already been copyright since they did Emerald, Diamond, and Pearl.

Girantina is derived from Girasol(aka Fire Opal)

JoeHalo

Master Trainer
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2008
ok

ok good but i think the remake will come out in late 2008

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
Years
Pokemon Dusk Gold would be just painfull! WhiteGold is no better.
Pokemon Dawn Silver seems ok.

xDD that would be a bit extreme if that happened xDD

hm.......

Gold2 & Silver2? "remakes" for DS too me- would seem more like sequal o.O

doesn't DP take place AFTER GSC? so the time/plot is kind of illogical o.O

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
RSE/RGBY = Same Time

DP/GSC = Same Time

D/P does NOT take place after GSC.

Yes that is true.
I don't see how Nintendo and GAMEFREAK can't re-make it.
There are so many hints in D/P,
That they almost have to make it.
Also they already copyrighted Dawn Silver and Dusk Gold.

Oh,
I heard the third D/P game will be called Beryl.
Beryl is a Yellow-ish colored "Rock".
Similar to the colors on Girantina...
I'm pretty sure we all know that Girantina will be the Token POKEMON on the third D/P game whatever it may be called.

I sure hope they re-make G/S!
I'm pretty sure Crystal'll never get re-made.
I'm not too sad about that either.

All of the clues are coming together now.
Why would GF and Nintendo Copyright names that could go with G/S Re-makes?
Why would they bother to code JOHTO data into D/P format?
Why would they make so many hints in D/P?

To me all of that leads to a re-make.
I hope I'm right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back