• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • UUUH gee lets see the fact that the pic was proven fake a while ago and the fact that its well over a year old and well yeah it just screams fake i mean hell chikorita even looks fake. At ^ are you insinuating that it should be made for the DSi? BAH HUMBUG. It would be a major downisde to the game not an upside.

Sorry, guess i got a little over-excited. Meh i wouldn't mind it being on DSI, but it seems rather unlikely, as bobandbill said.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    I think GSDS is no longer a matter of "if" but when". Right now we're in that loop where there isn't too much new news, so an annoucement about a new game might be made in the sumer, probably around the Japanese release of movie 12.

Than again the annoucement about Mystery Dungen Sky kind of negates that theory. But I imagine that we'll see GSDS by the end of 2010, if not this year, since the 10th anniversary of GS is coming up.

Correct - the DSi is merely what the GBA SP was to the GBA, or what the DS Lite was to the DS - a mere upgrade. There won't be games specific to the DSi, I'm pretty sure - all it has are some extra functions and all, and a somewhat larger pricce tag as a result of that.

DS->DSi is more like GB ->GBC. It's nearly the same, with a few new features, not just a hardware revision.

New main series pokemon games are gonna have to be released in the DSi, because as it stands the "DS2" proper is no where in sight, and I'm pretty sure that the 5th Gen will be on the next new handgeld, wich is not the DSi.
    And when I say released on the DSi I mean have DSi exclusive features, not DSi only. Like the extra features GSC had on a GBC (color, etc.)

So my point in all that was, the release of the DSi extends G4, therefore IMO further implicating GSDS.

Last edited:

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Just saying that since it seems like they are introducing this as a new region and new pokemon, maybe crystal will be remade too. All 3 games.

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    Just saying that since it seems like they are introducing this as a new region and new pokemon, maybe crystal will be remade too. All 3 games.

No, Crystal is a remake of Gold and Silver, like that Yellow is a remake of Red/Blue, Emerald of Ruby/Sapphire and Platinum of Diamond/Pearl. And seeing there isn't a Yellow remake, don't expect a Crystal remake too.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    They are not remakes but 3rd installments and I gave my reason for a change in pattern.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Correct - the DSi is merely what the GBA SP was to the GBA, or what the DS Lite was to the DS - a mere upgrade. There won't be games specific to the DSi, I'm pretty sure - all it has are some extra functions and all, and a somewhat larger price tag as a result of that.
    Actually, there will be. The DSi has its own version of the Wii Shop Channel called the DSi Shop Channel. On this channel are DSiWare Games, obviously the DSi equivilent of WiiWare. Its also possible that we'll see a DSi version of the Virtual Console featuring handhelds like the GameBoy/Color and GameGear. So the DSLite is to the DS what the GBA SP is to the GBA, the DSi is to the DS/DSLite what the GBC was to the GB/GBPocket. It could very well have special games just for it just as the GameBoy Color did.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    What if they made the games only downloadable via DSi store?! It would force us all to but one.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Actually, there will be. The DSi has its own version of the Wii Shop Channel called the DSi Shop Channel. On this channel are DSiWare Games, obviously the DSi equivilent of WiiWare. Its also possible that we'll see a DSi version of the Virtual Console featuring handhelds like the GameBoy/Color and GameGear. So the DSLite is to the DS what the GBA SP is to the GBA, the DSi is to the DS/DSLite what the GBC was to the GB/GBPocket. It could very well have special games just for it just as the GameBoy Color did.
    But the games on the DSiWare would be simply past games from past systems, or random 'small' games made (like what Ranch is compared to, say, PBR) - nothing major or near the level of what a GS remake game would be. Which was more what I meant by no DSi-exclusive games. =P Granted probably should have been clearer.
    What if they made the games only downloadable via DSi store?! It would force us all to but one.
    If you're talking about the potential DSiWare games, they will be only available on the DSi - but they would not make a GS remake becomes a DSi only game. It wouldn't qualify as a 'Ware' game and why would the limit the sales on the first place?

If you're talking a straight port of GSC though (with the 'original' graphics/sounds/gameplay as it was on the GBC, that too would be DSi exclusive as it'd be the only one with the DSWare shop. -_-

doeboy9

This Guy Right Here
    Years
  • The only reason the did the remake of Red/Green to the GBA becasue they must have planned it out back then that Diamond and Pearl on Nintendo DS could use GBA games and take Pokemon from Pal Park with Ruby/Sapphire FireRed/LeagGreen and Emerald. So what would the point of remake of Gold and Silver? It would be cool yes..but we just have to wait and see. I would like more info of Game 3 on Gen 4 cos' will this be the last game or are they going to do more like Gen 5 Pokemon??

You post a good point but what about the starters and the legendaries still i doubt theyll remake it just for those few pokemon

Years
  • not because of Pokemon, per se, you're forgetting something very important doeboy9, its money. Nintendo make games for money, so if G/S remakes will makethem money, then it'll most likely be made, not confirmed yet right enough :P

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    if it would be only on DSi then gamespot or any other gaming site that provides rating will really get it a 6 or even a 5 with a "Such a great game unavailable for the old DS and DS Lite)

it would be suckish! and also no GBA slot on the DSi makes it even more worthless

if there would be a remake i hope we get a bonus so we can play as Leaf (the girl in FR/LG, she is not named blue. she is named leaf) and also the boy that i dont seem to know / remember his name right now since i like to play with females in pokemon.. dunno why

anyway a G/S remake would be cool! but if there is no crystal remake then.. i don't know what version to choose since i like crystal more than G/S.. (Crystal was my first one)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • OFF-TOPIC:
    First its blue. Say it with me. B-L-U-E. That leaf thing is a game mistake. The meaning behind leafgreen and firered is from the manga. Green(or the gary looking for the ones who dont read the manga) owns a charizard and red(the one that is the guy character in fr/lg) owns a venasuar. So green lends red his charizard making firered! And same thing with green. He gets venasaur lent to himself making leafgreen. So no she isn't leaf or green or anything. She is blue. Spell with me. B-L-U-E.

ON-TOPIC:
    The ones who would most likely be the characters from g/s/c or in other words hiro and marina. Or if you want gold and crystal. Crys for short.i really need to lay off the god damn manga and cross refrencing everythingAnyway what would be interesting is to see what they would they change them into. You know new clothes. That there is the only thing i really wanna see if they do come out.

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
  • Nintendo has never officially made Gary's name Green in the new generations. He was Blue in Gold, Silver, and Crystal, so I still consider him Blue, while I call the girl Green, like in the manga. Don't tell me it's wrong, because it's all opinion.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Thats why in fr/lg his color name was green? Also thats where the bloody problem is. Vis screwed the manga and mistranslated and switched the names. Its not based on opinion what i am saying its based on all 100% pure man made man proven facts. Sorry if i sound like a jerk i just like to point things out and make sure they are known to a point were i get uncontrolably insane. Luckily enough it takes me about 10 or mosts depending on how stubborn you want to be.

Mezase Master

I wish I had pants.
    Years
  • That doesn't have to be his version, though. Yes, it is in Japan, but in America (and worldwide) it could be the girl's color version. Nobody said the two Kanto versions are always restricted to the male protagonist and his rival.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Its world-bloody-wide. American version of the game or pal version its GREEN. G-R-E-E-EFFING-N! As i said its mistaken liek that cause of mistranslation. Im not going to carry this any farther you want any more proof or questions fo to the manga section. And you know what? Dont tell me i have myt facts wrong cause i do. Facts never get mixed up by me. NEVER.*the loony bin men in labcoats arrive with a whitecoat with my name on it but gunshots are heard*

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    All the recent happenings are tying in with the support of this and we are closing in on the anniversary of these games. Im fo sho its gonna happen and Im really excited. Since the starters may not have a huge role in the film I think they may just be to promote the games when they are finally announced.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    No they havent, when they do it will be all the buzz hun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back