• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen A G/S Remake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
  • I really really want a Gold/Silver remake.

Gold/Silver/Crystal were my favorite games in the series. I personally see it as very necessary for a few reasons:

The batteries have gone out on my Gold and Silver cartridges. Now I know this is an extremely common problem, and that it can be fixed, but it's just going to happen again, right?

Secondly, for the more personal reason, my SP has broken, and I really don't like playing without a backlight anymore. =/ I have to strain my neck looking for a place in my room with a good light. It is quite the annoyance, and I would love to have them remade so I could play them on my DS. (stupid DS doesn't have GB/GBC backwards compatibility... Why?)

The thing is, though, I don't know if it's going to happen. Not a remake anyways, there is a rumor that Nintendo is going to release old GB/GBC games to buy on the DSi.

So guess what? If the rumor's true, than that solves the problem. Not for me, though... Because I refuse to buy another DS. They really shouldn't have been so lazy and actually created a next generation handheld instead of making another rehash with only one useful feature, which will probably keep a Gold/Silver remake from happening... Instead they'll just port it to the DSi ware or whatever.

Sorry, about the rant. I really want a remake, but I don't think it will happen if the rumor about the DSi thing is true.

Ryuzaki_Lawliet

Arctic Fox Lover =3
    Years
  • DSi rumor? What rumor...?

Anyway, I have very little hope the game will be based off the manga, as I can barely find it anywhere in Pittsburgh PA. And i don't feel like flying to Japan to get a copy, so why would Nintendo base it off the manga anyway?

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • DSi rumor? What rumor...?

I want to link to it but I don't have 15 posts, it's on Nintendoeverything.com. I have no idea how reliable they are so yeah it's a rumor.

Last night, Nintendo held an event for platinum members of Club Nintendo to try out the new DSi. Quite a few interesting tidbits were shared at the event, including that DSi owners will be able to download Game Boy and GBA games. I am going to mark this as a rumor for now, however. We haven't heard about this in Japan and Nintendo has yet to officially confirm the news.

- Will be only able to download Nintendo GBA/GB titles at first
    - GBA/GB games will be region-locked
    - Will be able to run the games from an SD card
    - Calculators will be downloadable
    - Opera available for download on DSi launch day
    - Confirmed that owners will receive 1000 free points

If the rumor that GB and GBA games will be for download is true, than a G/S remake is very unlikely. They'll just release Gold, Silver, and probably Crystal on that.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • The thing is, though, I don't know if it's going to happen. Not a remake anyways, there is a rumor that Nintendo is going to release old GB/GBC games to buy on the DSi.

So guess what? If the rumor's true, than that solves the problem. Not for me, though... Because I refuse to buy another DS. They really shouldn't have been so lazy and actually created a next generation handheld instead of making another rehash with only one useful feature, which will probably keep a Gold/Silver remake from happening... Instead they'll just port it to the DSi ware or whatever.

Sorry, about the rant. I really want a remake, but I don't think it will happen if the rumor about the DSi thing is true.
    Well, there's the rumour, yes - but IMHO, even if GB and GBA games are ported to the DSi via the DSi shop, and by chance that includes the original GSC games, I think it's still quite viable that they could also make a remake. After all, a straight port requires one to firstly have the DSi (and I truely doubt many would by the DSi just to then buy via an online shop the original GSC games when there are roms and all if one looks, I'm sure), and would net Nintendo not very much in the way of profit (they won't be that expensive if one discounts the cost of the DSi).

But a remake would sell, most probably, like what Diamond, Pearl and Platinum did. Another core handheld game that appeals to the older games who remember GSC like us (most who cannot play it due to the battery issues), and the newer gamers - it's be essentially a new game for them - with the name 'Pokemon' attached would do quite well, IMO. It would be across all of the DS's - not limited to one (the most expensive by far) and only those with Wi-Fi and the want to buy games from the DSi shop.

Having both at the same time would not hurt sales by much at all, really, and the main thing that they would care about is if the game sells or not. Ports of the old originals could even arguably be advertising - release those, and the few-ish who play and like it would be hence more likely to buy sparkly new remakes with 4th gen Pokemon and the ability to trade with their 4th gen games and so forth. If the Johto Pokemon in the movies are used as 'advertising', then it wouldn't be for something like a port either, but a GS remake. So IMHO, I can see both being implemented/made and sold quite feasibly, really.

But that's assuming firstly that these rumors are true, and that GSC is part of that list. I myself do doubt the GBA games being ported via the shop, for instance. And secodnly if they would even make a GS remake as well which is another matter althougether - the various pieces of 'evidence' around shows that it has been considered, definately, and some could be taken as possibly advertising for it, but far from being confirmed. At any rate, we'll see - not right now though.

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I hope so bad that their will be a pokemon Gold and Silver remake it would be great i love these games but all i can say is
    A G/S Remake?

is like the best covers ever and i wish they would get used

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • They're neat and all, but I don't see them being THAT lazy as to use fake ones made by someone on the internet. =P They'd make their own, no doubt, if the games are made.

As a beside, I have had a bit of a go at Platinum thus far. Not bad - but one thing I noticed is that the references stick out even more now, like a sore thumb. There is no longer a tv show at the beginning of the game about the Red Gyarados - but a cameraman mentions that it was he that had 'filmed the Red GYARADOS at Lake of Rage' (complete with the capslock there in the dialogue) - this cameraman is btw with another one outside the lake which goes explodey before it...well, goes explodey, having replaced the two NPCs that had been there before. Hmm.

Person who gives you the Happini egg in D/P no longer gives you the egg, yet talks in more length about Prof. Elm nonetheless. And as well all know, one now gets a Togepi Egg. Bebe upon giving you the Eevee mentions how it came from someone in Johto who had many of these. And then goes on to mention Bill - anyone recall who has Eevees and gives you one in GSC? =P

And then there's the department store, gaining a B1 floor - amongst the new shops there, someone can sell you a RAGECANDYBAR - only they've sold out. But yet another reference there!

Seems that they've merely gotten more plentiful - these are just on top of others already in DP. Of course, as I said before it's far from a confirmation of any sort on a GS remake (and maybe they just REALLY love continuity or referencing things to death and teasing us XD - or the game could still be scrapped ultimately), but one cannot help but notice such things. Ah well; wait and see, wait and see...

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • And this is why i think that if they do come out then they will have as well some type of continuity and be sublty placed before dppt.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Yeah, never before have they ever made such references to another region like they have in DDPt.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well in Hoenn they didnt hint Kanto at all did they? If they did then well yeah it was a bit harder to go hey red/green remake possible but here its all johto johto johto what is this johto and the kids would want to know thus making us think gsds would happen. And I for one am not complaining.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well in Hoenn they didnt hint Kanto at all did they?
    I do recall the one person mention that he was from Kanto and came for a holiday, and a computer e-mail from Bill as well, but besides that... yeah.

EDIT: Oh, there was one other thing, although I don't recall how much before FR/LG it came about... but Colosseum did have models of the FR/LG trainers whch you could battle with. Ugly models, mind, but nonetheless they turned up in the game in the multiplayer features.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • So then so far we have cam from Johto data the dogs not being in platinum platinum just spilling out its guts with a bunch of Johto and it conveniently placing itself after Johto and the movie as the strongest hints.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Even if there were references they have never been so obvious and numerous.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I also see Celebi getting more attention if this is released. Unlike in the past, legendary pokemon hardly get ignored these days.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Well seeing as its the only event legend Johto has of course it would get more attention and not a stupid move like Colloseum. I dont care bobandbill if you liked it and all but Colloseum was the worse damn way for getting the johto starters and legends.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Yeah.. there's a guy in front of the PC in lilycove who says "I came here from kanto. wait, meybe there are rare pokemon who live only here?!" or something like that. just see for yourself.

check out gold and silver remake on bulbapedia. there are more hints such as shellos forms. since each form is native for its region, they vary their form. the cool-eared pichu may be a female pichu look in the remake. (otherwise, this would be alternate-earation? lulz)

but a g/s remake wont do it for me - i want a crystal remake! i have all of them, silver don't work, gold save sucks and crystal works like a dandy charm! (i think the cart is a fake thourgh, since its black and my g/s carts are shiny + feats the game color name as the cart's color...

Cheshire

nite-owl loves to party
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2009
    Yeah.. there's a guy in front of the PC in lilycove who says "I came here from kanto. wait, meybe there are rare pokemon who live only here?!" or something like that. just see for yourself.

check out gold and silver remake on bulbapedia. there are more hints such as shellos forms. since each form is native for its region, they vary their form. the cool-eared pichu may be a female pichu look in the remake. (otherwise, this would be alternate-earation? lulz)

but a g/s remake wont do it for me - i want a crystal remake! i have all of them, silver don't work, gold save sucks and crystal works like a dandy charm! (i think the cart is a fake thourgh, since its black and my g/s carts are shiny + feats the game color name as the cart's color...

Well a G/S remake would most likely have alot of features that crystal did, regarding your crystal cart it probably is my crsytal was light blue and shiny.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Well seeing as its the only event legend Johto has of course it would get more attention and not a stupid move like Colloseum. I dont care bobandbill if you liked it and all but Colloseum was the worse damn way for getting the johto starters and legends.
    Depends on what you mean by 'worst damn way' - if you mean the game was bad, that's down to opinion. (Colo is in it's own right different to the handhelds, after all, in various ways). If you mean that it sucks because one was expected to have a gamecube, and a GBA-GCN link cable and so forth - well, it depends. From our viewpoint, it kinda sucks, but from Nintendos it was a good way for them, as they got sales and all out of it.

I also reckon that if a GS remake occured, then some stuff from Crystal would probably carry over.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2009
    We're down to the last pokemon movie of the 4th generation, and it's at this point that they always start introducing the next generation. They're saying that the johto starters are 'new' pokemon in the movie, so what's going to happen next looks pretty obvious.

Hopefully they can introduce something new in the games though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back