• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: A Pokémon Direct is coming June 6

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • This was a pretty hype surprise.

I doubt we are getting DP Remakes, I think those will come 2019 or 2020, probably 19 though.

I do still think a Switch game is pretty likely as it doesn't seem like the 3ds is being featured at E3 this year, so I can't see the next game be on that in addition to many other factors that people seem to have wrote off.

I think it's definitely a main title and it relates to Sun and Moon. I think it will be a Kanto and Alola game and work as sequels to those respective titles. You start in Kanto in HD and on the Switch with Alola being the post game sort of like the sevii islands. Lillie is a companion you see throughout the game and the region will be truly different. Probably no Team Rocket and Gyms may even be different, while Alola keeps the trials, with new things added to them. I hope it has a pretty connected plot and adds more to Sun and Moon's but I wouldn't be convinced.

Regardless I think it's likely a Kanto Alola game or at least one of those. That may be too helpful but who knows. I hope it's something good though. And I hope we get an actual trailer not just the name and system.
    Same!

Someone joked about Gen 8... but considering how Marshadow has already been unveiled... and how thus far the two Pokemon Directs (XY and SM) have announced new Generations... it might not be that farfetch'd of an idea...

It would also fit well with my idea of DPP remakes coming out in 2019/20 for the 8th Generation.

Reactions: Z25
    Years
  • I'd be happy with anything that isn't an Alola third version or (ugh) DPP remakes, but Kanto/Johto sequels are what I want the most. It's been 8 years since we've last seen either region (HGSS), and Gen 7 has been all about the 20th anniversary, so it would make sense to revisit the regions that started it all.

I am sick of Kanto, especially when both X/Y and Sun/Moon crammed Kanto shoutouts in my face. Come on, not all of us started with Kanto, like me whose first region was Hoenn.

I hope the new game( if there is any) will be for the 3ds and not for switch.

Unfortunately if it is a Switch-only title, I expect everyone fuming and saying "no they're killing off the 3DS" or something like that.

Years
  • I am sick of Kanto, especially when both X/Y and Sun/Moon crammed Kanto shoutouts in my face. Come on, not all of us started with Kanto, like me whose first region was Hoenn.

Unfortunately if it is a Switch-only title, I expect everyone fuming and saying "no they're killing off the 3DS" or something like that.

I agree. It gets tiresome to get it shoved in front of one's eyes like that.

Maybe they'll make a 'Stars New 3DS' and a 'Stars Switch' version. New 3DS as it might need that extra processing power.
    Anyway, them doing so will be similar to the situation with the new Zelda (one for Wii U, other for Switch). And in the history of Pokemon, something similar has only been done with the first Mystery Dungeon game. One was on GBA and the other on the DS.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I am sick of Kanto, especially when both X/Y and Sun/Moon crammed Kanto shoutouts in my face. Come on, not all of us started with Kanto, like me whose first region was Hoenn.

I hope that's not the case though. I'm still not yet monetarily ready to buy a Switch.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    7, I believe.

I'm excited though now. I was thinking earlier that Stars on Switch might be the new Kanto, Johto etc up to Alola and re-explore them as a new character as they would be now after all those years. So like Vermillion City would be completed etc.

The other regions can be added as DLC every few months. Announce now for 2018 imo.

Juuust an option.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Isn't it too late in the year to announce main series games? AFAIK, it was February I think when XY, ORAS, and SM were announced.

Anyway, any news is good news for me. So hyped.

Oras were announced in may, 7 months after xy came out

Years
  • 7, I believe.

I'm excited though now. I was thinking earlier that Stars on Switch might be the new Kanto, Johto etc up to Alola and re-explore them as a new character as they would be now after all those years. So like Vermillion City would be completed etc.

The other regions can be added as DLC every few months. Announce now for 2018 imo.

Juuust an option.

Would be cool. Though chances are it come out Holiday 2017 opposed to next year. And this is based on what they did with other games announced around this time of year in the past.

Currently 6 hours and 29 minutes until the Direct! Better get some sleep so that I can see it live :3

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I am super psyched for this announcement! I will admit, though, I think an announcement for the Switch isn't very likely. It's way too soon to move to the Switch under the current circumstances (at least exclusively) since they're struggling to meet demand as it is. A Pokemon title would push the demand to skyrocket and they'd struggle even more to produce consoles fast enough. GameFreak were also recruiting in April for staff with experience developing games for larger consoles, so I'm not holding out hope for a Switch title. You never know though. They may surprise us. I think it's more likely to be a 3DS title (they did just launch a 2DS XL) or a game for both 3DS and Switch, which would be awesome!

I've no idea what to expect, however. I'd be pretty happy with anything, but I'd love DPPt remakes after all the Ultra Space events in Sun/Moon, despite Gen 4 being my least favourite in the series. After the revamp ORAS recieved, I have high hopes that they can do Gen 4 a lot of justice and fatten out the plot (and actually finish it off? I'm not satisfied with Cyrus simply vanishing and that being it lmao). I was thinking Stars was a placeholder title like Delta Emerald and Water Blue, but we'll see soon enough! Some merchandise was recently released with Pikachu and Cosmog stargazing, so... was that a hint maybe?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm pretty certain that whatever these games are, they'll be on the 3DS. I just can't see them making the move over to the Switch so early, they're already in high demand as it is, adding Pok?mon would send sales even further through the roof. Not only that, but we recently had the announcement of that new 2DS console and the confirmation that the 3DS will be co-existing alongside Switch for a good while yet.

Years
  • I'm with Joe, in that it might be a 3DS game. I feel that it's a bit too soon for a Pokemon game on the Switch, especially when you consider how well Pokemon games sell and that there may be a struggle with demand.

I think the Direct airs around 12 or 1am for me. Thankfully I plan to stay up late.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I know a lot of people are here are wishing for a D/P remake, but at this point it's very, very unlikely. They're still as playable on the 3DS and you can get the Sinnoh legends in OR/AS, so what's the point of making a remake of the Sinnoh games if you can do just that and Bank them into Alola? Well, they could just put them on the Switch but the Switch is primarily a home console rather than a handheld, which defeats the purpose of Pokemon, as well as the fact that GF don't like changing platforms in the middle of a generation.

But other than that, I'm absolutely stoked for this announcement coming up! Hopefully it's news to do with Stars or possibly it being confirmed, but if it's another mobile game like Magikarp Jump 2: Snorlax Edition I am going to jump off the nearest cliff.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I really hope it's for 3ds. Switch is nice and all but my brother's always using it when I get home >:/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm so hopeful! But remember whatever happens... this decision has already been pre-determined.
    It's like like wishing at this point will make a difference.

...and yet I can't help wishing for something super cool other than the standard remakes!
    I know a lot of people are here are wishing for a D/P remake, but at this point it's very, very unlikely. They're still as playable on the 3DS and you can get the Sinnoh legends in OR/AS, so what's the point of making a remake of the Sinnoh games if you can do just that and Bank them into Alola? Well, they could just put them on the Switch but the Switch is primarily a home console rather than a handheld, which defeats the purpose of Pokemon, as well as the fact that GF don't like changing platforms in the middle of a generation.

But other than that, I'm absolutely stoked for this announcement coming up! Hopefully it's news to do with Stars or possibly it being confirmed, but if it's another mobile game like Magikarp Jump 2: Snorlax Edition I am going to jump off the nearest cliff.
    Oh I just KNOW Snorlax jump is impossible lmao

Instead? The coolest game ever: Snorlax, Roll-over! Absolutely hit material.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I hope whatever the next game that The Pok?mon Company will announce will be a good one. I'm also wondering if it will be 3DS game or Switch game, but then, this might get me started to Pok?mon gaming again after not playing for a while.

Back