• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: A Pokémon Direct is coming June 6

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • It's Pokken DX (deluxe). I had a feeling that it would be that but was hoping for a main series game. Though SM barely came out a few months ago, so it is kind of early.

Years
  • Main Series Spoilers:
    Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Main Series Spoilers:
    Spoiler:

Not surprised. I'm shocked that they had all these goodies in one Direct, though xD. Thought that it was Pokken only until I heard "Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon". Though something about it feels like a third game too. More so than Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 did.

The Pikachu motor home makes me wonder if those vehicles from the concept art will finally play a role.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm so excited about GS VC!!! The person that said it yesterday THANK YOU YOU CLEARLY INFLUENCED IT! I was soooo wanting that. :)

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • I thought we might be getting a remake but it looks like that's a no for now. Interestingly, behind ishihara at the beginning of the video all previous titles were on the shelf except for DP/P

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Wow; well, that Nintendo Direct was quite...surprising. XD. I'll probably elaborate in other threads, but I'm moderately excited for Pokken Tournament Deluxe, simultaneously hyped and disappointed about Pok?mon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon Versions (US/UM), and stoked for Pok?mon Gold and Silver Versions: Virtual Console Edition (GSC VC). Dang it, I'm annoyed that I didn't edit my prediction post in time, because I totally anticipated Pokken Tournament DX and GSC VC as options...although maybe not this soon! XD. Sigh; at least I kinda predicted US/UM, but it could've been more satisfying.. It's nice to see that some Reddit predicted pretty much everything (although US/UM by different names) announced, though; you can't be unpredictable forever, Game Freak! :P

The salt emanating from the Pok?mon subreddit and part of the Nintendo subreddit on Reddit is just staggering, though.. XD

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    That was underwhelming. Will probably wait for Crystal to be released since I'd rather use my 3ds blocks on that then Gold or Silver.

No interest in Pokken or buying a switch. Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon look interesting, but considering I kind of hated Sun and Moon it might not be worth it to buy.

Maybe if they added better shiny hunting methods in this like fish chaining, hordes or even a device type of method instead of SOS.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • This was unsurprisingly disappointing. Pokken is practically a dead game and they're making their debut on the Switch with a rerelease of it? :/

I found Pokemon Sun and Moon to be extremely boring and uninspired, so unless forthcoming details show promise of improvement I won't be buying them. And if they're not gonna bother with 3D again then they should at least make Switch versions.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I am sick of Kanto, especially when both X/Y and Sun/Moon crammed Kanto shoutouts in my face. Come on, not all of us started with Kanto, like me whose first region was Hoenn.

The region itself has not appeared in any game since 2009 (and hasn't been the focus of one since 2004), and it's characters have barely appeared since then as well. (No, I don't count the PWT, and even that's 5 years old now and still sprite era.)

I still find it ridiculous that people think XY were "all about Kanto." The games are set in a region that has no connection to Kanto, whatsoever. None of Kanto's important characters even appear in the games, and the story has no connection to Kanto's. Oh, but you can catch a random Mewtwo in a random cave, so that's enough, right? :rolleyes2:

And, you also seem to forgetting that your first region got shiny new remakes last gen, and if any past region dominated Gen 6, it was that one and not Kanto. ;)

Years
  • I still find it ridiculous that people think XY were "all about Kanto." The games are set in a region that has no connection to Kanto, whatsoever. None of Kanto's important characters even appear in the games, and the story has no connection to Kanto's. Oh, but you can catch a random Mewtwo in a random cave, so that's enough, right? :rolleyes2:

And, you also seem to forgetting that your first region got shiny new remakes last gen, and if any past region dominated Gen 6, it was that one and not Kanto. ;)

I can see what you mean with Hoenn dominating 6th Gen thanks to OR/AS, and while it had been 8 years since Kanto last appeared in a main series game, I do admit it's a boring region and doing another remake of it would be nothing but a nostalgia cash grab for those who grew up with 1st Gen.

X/Y did have a sleeping Snorlax as one of its other many shoutouts, so there's that.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • XY had the Kanto starters and that totally forgettable forest that was basically a clone of Viridian. sleeping snorlax too, like hika said. it certainly didn't have "no connection to kanto, whatsoever". and yeah, Kanto is boring. I get the nostalgia but let's leave it behind for a while, please.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    I can see what you mean with Hoenn dominating 6th Gen thanks to OR/AS, and while it had been 8 years since Kanto last appeared in a main series game, I do admit it's a boring region and doing another remake of it would be nothing but a nostalgia cash grab for those who grew up with 1st Gen.

What I'm not asking for is a remake, but a sequel set 15-20 years after GSC (and involving Lillie as a rival). It wouldn't be the same old story, and there would be plenty of room to revamp and modernize the region.

XY had the Kanto starters and that totally forgettable forest that was basically a clone of Viridian. sleeping snorlax too, like hika said. it certainly didn't have "no connection to kanto, whatsoever". and yeah, Kanto is boring. I get the nostalgia but let's leave it behind for a while, please.

Emerald had the Gen 2 starters and a random Sudowoodo at the Battle Frontier, so does that make Hoenn directly connected to Johto? :rolleyes2:

The plot of XY has zilch to do with Team Rocket and RBY/GSC. Furthermore, there isn't even a single returning character from Kanto anywhere in the games. In fact, the only returning character period in XY was Looker, who is from Sinnoh and not Kanto.

Back