• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen A question that has baffled every Professor since Crystal...

GarlandDaHero

Cute Noivern is Cute.
Years
  • If they bring back the trainer customization feature, I'll probably play as the female character first and then the male after the former's playthrough is done.

Andrew

Ah Yeah 아예
    Years
  • I'll probably end up playing as the female character. I played as Brendan when I was a kid so I'm going to switch it up this time and May has an awesome design.

Years
  • Even though I'm a male, I like to switch it up depending on which character design I like more. In the original RSE, I was absolutely head-over-heels in love with the design of May, and so I played her through most of my runs. However, since then I've normally played with the male character.

I'll probably go with May again for ORAS. n__n;

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Apr 4, 2022
    I'll probably start off with Brendan like I always do. On a second playthrough or on the second game, I'll go with May.

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2023
    I'm not actually sure who I'll choose......I'll probably go May first,but it really depends on which trainer looks better...Now that I think about it,I wonder if they'll make a character choosing option like in X/Y. It seems unlikely but we've seen weirder things happen.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I chose boy when I had last played Pokémon Emerald, so I'm going to do it a little different this time around and pick girl. Plus, I'm a huge fan of May, so why not? If I choose to go for a second run, though, then I'll probably be picking Brendan. d:

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    I always chose one the female for third gen so I'll be choosing May/the female

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2024
    As always, I'll play as myself (and therefore male) in my main, first, and permanent file, while in my copy of Omega Ruby I'll choose based on aesthetics (and customization options, if girls get way more options like they did in XY. Dangit, I want a sun-hat too...)

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • I always play as the female protagonist in Pokemon games, with the exception of Black (only because I thought Hilbert looked better), and since we'll most likely be able to customize our characters, May is a definite decision! Unless Brenden get the better gear. ;p

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I will choose the male character because that is who I always choose. Furthermore I'm a male and I typically don't gender bend. I'll probably also name my character "Nate" like I do in all of the other games as well. Hopefully, May and Brendan get a makeover for the remakes.

kirbasaur

Human-Ivasaur hybrid
    Years
  • Well I'm a boy so I choose the male gender, but if I end up restarting, and i'm tired of looking at the boy sprite all the time I might choose girl (I am not gay, just so you know)

Back