• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aether Foundation

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2016
    Aether is an another alchemy elements known as the 5th element. Will this help the theory of Pokemon Ending? Aether in the alchemy sits on the top the Likes of Water,Fire,Air,Earth which is some of the types of legendary pokemons. Water example is Lugia(guardian of the seas), Fire(Ho-Oh) Air(Legendary Birds can count here and even Lunala) Earth(Groudon, Solgaleo can also count here because you need earth to forge a metal) Does that mean that there is a possibility that this foundation will be help the ending of pokemon or help preventing it from happening?? I might be wrong, So I accept any opinions from all of you guys.

Attachments

• Aether Foundation
      aether-loading.jpg
      91.3 KB · Views: 19

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Finally I can use my interest in Alchemy here.
    Aether is also sometimes referred to as heavenly air, or the Breath of God.Using that view it's the opposite of Skull which can represent death. However, aether can also be seen as the end result of Alchemy while Skull can represent the beginning ('The Blackening'), or left overs of the reaction.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    When I heard the name aether it made me think more down the scientific route. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminiferous_aether . This ties in with it being based on an artificial island which requires scientific technology and of course ties in perfectly with the sun and moon theme.

tl;dr - It was theorised to be the medium that light travels through and that it would exist throughout the universe.

Years
  • When I heard the name aether it made me think more down the scientific route. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminiferous_aether . This ties in with it being based on an artificial island which requires scientific technology and of course ties in perfectly with the sun and moon theme.

tl;dr - It was theorised to be the medium that light travels through and that it would exist throughout the universe.

It makes sense if that's at least partially why they choose the name. As the girl's name is Lusamine, which brought to mind Lumiose, and other light related things.

Years
  • As ORandAS said, Aether seems to be the opposite faction to Team Skull since Skull are the villainous team while Aether appear to be on the protagonist's side as the dialogue has shown. As he mentioned, Team Skull seems to represent "death" while Aether means Breath of God which further proves Aether being Team Skull's opposite.

Can't wait to see how Lockstin tackles this in his "Pokemon Sun & Moon: The End?" theory videos.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2016
    As ORandAS said, Aether seems to be the opposite faction to Team Skull since Skull are the villainous team while Aether appear to be on the protagonist's side as the dialogue has shown. As he mentioned, Team Skull seems to represent "death" while Aether means Breath of God which further proves Aether being Team Skull's opposite.

Can't wait to see how Lockstin tackles this in his "Pokemon Sun & Moon: The End?" theory videos.

Yeah the plot really gets deeper and deeper, It's amazing how really deep the story of pokemon for this game. I actually got very curious to this that I actually sent a direct message on their youtube channel by copy+pasting what I just said here.

Years
  • As ORandAS said, Aether seems to be the opposite faction to Team Skull since Skull are the villainous team while Aether appear to be on the protagonist's side as the dialogue has shown. As he mentioned, Team Skull seems to represent "death" while Aether means Breath of God which further proves Aether being Team Skull's opposite.

Same here, I can already imagine how it'll go :).
    You know, the name for them also makes sense if you interpret each island as representing fire, wind, earth, and water. Which can also be symbolized by the starters (wood and wind are heavily connected in East Asian cultures, plus Rowlet is also part Flying xP) plus Rockruff. Meanwhile the artificial island represents our fifth element...of...well Aether.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Not related to alchemy but related to the Aether Corporation in general: I saw someone on another site point out that "Wicke" is one letter away from being "wicked." And the fact that they shared concept art of their male and female "employees" really seems to draw connections to "Grunts" in general; if they turn out to be the true villains all along, color me not-surprised.

I like that they are keeping with the alchemy theme. I really hope they take it to heart and apply it to the narrative, too, and not just keep it as a surface-level naming gimmick.

Afterglow Ampharos

Ampharos are the ultimate kid's bed. They have a b
    Years
  • The Aether Foundation seems to have most people convinced they're up to no good, but I don't really see it. Their dialogue and ideals all sound like a place I'd actually want to work. From the trailer alone, there was nothing to hint at anything but people who care for poor Pokemon. I'm gonna laugh if everyone's making them out to be secretly evil and then the game comes out and they're The Actual Good Guys For Real

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • The Aether Foundation seems to have most people convinced they're up to no good, but I don't really see it. Their dialogue and ideals all sound like a place I'd actually want to work. From the trailer alone, there was nothing to hint at anything but people who care for poor Pokemon. I'm gonna laugh if everyone's making them out to be secretly evil and then the game comes out and they're The Actual Good Guys For Real

That's the vibe I have too, them being good guys that we will end up helping in a way. But I do feel a bit of team plasma vibe too, like they really think they do good but something's wrong with the ways they act, etc.
    I think we'll see them as the nice guys for a bit and then something wrong will happen.

... maybe we all have trust issues

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm totally expecting them to turn out to be the real bad guys, it would be funny to see them actually sticking to their intentions, though. I've already seen quite a few interesting theories for the Aether Foundation and I agree that they're devious!

Years
  • I love all of these characters' designs. If we get to pick sides will stick with the Aether Foundation over boring team skull. I love their eerie dystopian vibe. regardless of that, I would totally want to live on that island.

Lusamine might just dethrown Cythia as the most beautiful. I see her using Luxray for her z-crystal.
    Wicke might just dethrown Drasna as the most charming. I see her using Clefable or Mega Audino for her z-crystal.
    Faba is hands down the most stylish scientist with those shades. I see him using Flygon for his z-crystal.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
    Years

No one wears that much white and is a good guy. Except Morgan Freeman...

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Wow? ANOTHER reference to Alchemy? God, here it goes another "end of the Pokemon franchise" theory... But seriously though, I kinda love all these references. Although I'm not into Alchemy, I love reading about it, and how connected it is with the games. So as people said here, Aether is kinda opposite to Skull, so I can see a Clash between Team Skull and the Aether Foundation. This is giving me Hoenn vibes... I wanted two opposite teams in a Pokémon game since Gen 3! Besides that, the Aether Foundation might be the "real" evil team, or at least there might be someone *coff coff Faba coff coff* who has bad intentions...

I can already see how HUGE the plot of Sun and Moon will be ^^

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    [...] And the fact that they shared concept art of their male and female "employees" really seems to draw connections to "Grunts" in general; if they turn out to be the true villains all along, color me not-surprised.

You know this comment is probably more accurate to Aether being the bad guys then I originally thought. Until I read your comment, I was positive that Aether were going to be good guys with a red herring vibe.
    However, it was really astute to point out that all of the Aether Employees have a general costume design that is shared across both male and female designs, which suggests quite prominently that these are general male and female battle models.
    Ignoring the important characters which would support the plot and thus would need uniquely designed models, often when GF creates a design pattern for a large amount of NPC's that can only distinguish features between the male and female costumes, it's mostly done because they are NPC's that are meant to be fought in large groups.

I was totally wanting to believe that Aether would be the good guys, but now this single almost easily missed detail has convinced me that Aether will probably be the Antagonists of this story.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Someone has pointed out that Colress could have a connection with the Aether Foundation and S/M.

Spoiler:

Colress does seem to fit the vibes that this corporation is giving off, he certainly has the eye and hair colour matched! Also, he was spotted in the pre-release X/Y artwork standing next to Looker in the Lumiose Avenue. I'll admit it is a long shot, but I guess it would support the "it all comes together" statement if that is more than just a throwaway comment.

And then this too.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Someone has pointed out that Colress could have a connection with the Aether Foundation and S/M.

Spoiler:

Colress does seem to fit the vibes that this corporation is giving off, he certainly has the eye and hair colour matched! Also, he was spotted in the pre-release X/Y artwork standing next to Looker in the Lumiose Avenue. I'll admit it is a long shot, but I guess it would support the "it all comes together" statement if that is more than just a throwaway comment.

And then this too.
    Spoiler:

Omg that person standing there DOES look like Colress... !

Years
  • They're a corporation? Whoa, can't be trusted then. They're just trying to use Pokemon for their own research and benefit to make that Type-Null thing. At least that's what I think we're meant to think? I dunno. It's weird for there to be a good team corporation that's essentially the same structure of a typical Team Evil only they profess to do good. But, you know, it's something different which is good. All the other teams had only the thinnest cover for being evil (if they had any at all) so having one that we can't really be sure about will make their possible/eventual reveal the more interesting and surprising.

They also definitely have the better outfits compared to Team Skull. I like the dichotomy between them. One's all academic and fancy and the other is all rough and tumble.

Back