• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen today
    Agree. All they need is to generate randomly around 100 Pokémons every three to five years.

The next Pokémon game of the main series will be an usual adventure like Sword/Shield, and not like Legends Arceus.

Years
  • agree, i think pla was just a one-off and an experiment with new style

hot weather is better than cold weather

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Disagree. You can wear more clothing to deal with the cold. But what are you going to do when it gets hot?

Clothing these days is way too cheaply made.

Years
  • Agree. You can check and choose but yeah it either gets expensive or rare. Even famous brands and "important" brands offer low quality clothes for much money.

People wear watches only to look stylish, rather than actually using them to check the time

Years
  • Well idk about others, but I actually use mine to check the time as I barely use my phone for anything =3
    So looking at myself, Disagree.
    Looking at other people, knowing how vain humans can be, I wouldn't be surprised if that were actually the case. Agree I guess.

A lot of people are addicted to their smartphones.

Years
    • Seen today
    I think it depends on how we classify addiction. Smartphones are becoming a part of humanity, to such an extent that many governments will hand them out for free to those who can't afford one. I'm going to say 'agree' in extreme cases such as texting and driving when you outright put people in danger.

A very cold day is better than an overtly hot day.

Years
  • hmm agree. I overall prefer hot over cold, but when it's super hot you can't do much, while when it's cold you can get soft blankets and that's quite a good feeling. Living in a place that has quite stable weather I have never truly experienced very very hot or very very cold days tho.

Tea is better than coffee

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree. Who ever created this abomination of bean soup hopefully roasts in hell! D:

The countryside is better than the big city.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Meh.
    Due to my degrees, my job only makes sense in a big city.
    You cannot meet many young people in the countryside.
    The internet is generally pretty bad in the countryside.
    You need a car in the countryside, while big cities generally have public transportations.
    Hospitals, the police, firefighters, schools, etc. are very sparse in the countryside.
    BUT.
    The air is cleaner in the countryside.
    It is calm.
    Less risk of being assaulted.
    Bigger house, bigger garden, you can even grow your own plants.
    I would say I disagree, I wouldn't be able to make a living while in the countryside.

You know something only if you can justify it.

Years
  • Errr..... I don't normally fuss over whether or not something can be proven tbh.
    I do tend to not believe in things that can't be verified though.
    But whether it has been proven or not, if the concept is known to me, does that not mean I know of it?
    Disagree I guess

It's easy to lose track of time when having fun.

Years
  • agreed, since then you get stuck with actual work and then time feels slow again

dubbed anime is not inferior to subbed anime

Years
  • Depends, but I say agree. Some anime are actually good, some other sound even better than the original ones when well interpreted. I personally still prefer subbed mainly out of curiosity of the Japanese original sentences and to exercise my listening.

Light mode is better than dark mode

Years
    • Seen today
    Disagree. The only website I prefer light mode is YouTube.

There will one day be a viable competitor for YouTube.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Books have an aura that movies don't though ^^
    Tbh I haven't read a book (except for my job) and watched a movie in a long time so...
    I'd say disagree though, books are more cultural while movies are more entertaining ^^

Mathematics are useless.
    Spoiler:

Years
  • Agreed 😘

Spoiler:

Just because you can say something doesn't mean you have to.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree. I kinda wish certain people would learn that lesson. A lot of toxic mentality out there because of certain people complaining about "the lack of freedom of speech". <_<

Games are way too complicated these days.

Years
    • Seen today
    Disagree. From personal experience, most look complex on the surface but end up being heavily streamlined. There are exceptions, which result from games with poorly written tutorials. (Xenoblade 2).

Thinking creatively is harder than thinking logically.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen today
    Agree. I am one that needs rules to think properly. Besides, logic is one and can be taught, while it seems to me that everyone is creative in their own way.
    Spoiler:

Chess should not be considered a sport.

Agreed 😘

Spoiler:
    I agree too XD
    I love this quote from Von Neumann, one of the last "great mathematicians":
    John the Badass Von Neumann said:
    A large part of mathematics which becomes useful developed with absolutely no desire to be useful, and in a situation where nobody could possibly know in what area it would become useful; and there were no general indications that it ever would be so.
    But I would say, most academical topics are as useless as mathematics: linguistics, anything biology, most human sciences really (except those related to advertising), most physics (including astronomy).
    Anything whose main goal is to satisfy human curiosity.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back