• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Agree or Disagree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Agree. Pretty much any shop in a favorable/advantageous location where they are more or less the only supplier will up it's prices just because they can.

Being different than everybody else is a good thing.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'll disagree. Just because your regular person can't fly to the moon to check doesn't mean it didn't happen. It's sad how we now live in a time where truth is made a matter of debate instead of what it really is: the truth.

Speaking of which: nowadays truth is less about facts and more about ideological believes.

Years
    • Seen today
    Disagree. I favor dogs and even rabbits to an extent.

The mainstream is mainly uninteresting.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Kinda agree but also kinda disagree? It wouldn't have gotten mainsream if it wasn't interesting. But the time it got interesting is the time when others get fed up with it and just want to move on. But because it is ubiquitous it's hard to escape it. It's an issue that mostly early adopters have so it can be hard to relate.

The main focus of school should be to teach us how to learn new things.

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I feel that this is the goal of the university?
    I don't know if I agree with this about school. I don't know what *should* be te main focus of school though. I feel the current main goal is to give some background knowledge so that the pupil feels like a citizen of their country.

Countries should forbid alcohol just like they forbid other drugs.

Years
  • Disagree. It's not going to fix the problem in any way. People will just make and sell it illegally. Alcohol people make themselves is usually not very safe either.
    Don't get me wrong, as far as I'm concerned I'd rather Alcohol and Drugs never existed in the first place.
    Regulating their use is a pain the neck as well. Unfortunately there's no easy fix for humanity's need to find something to get addicted to.

Wild animals shouldn't be kept in a zoo.
    Just let them roam free and eat people. 😜

Years
    • Seen today
    Disagree. Zoo's are necessary for conservation efforts, however, the issue stems from many being done improperly and making entertainment the priority.

The American Prison system does not focus on rehabilitation.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    Agree. It focuses on punishment/revenge/capitalist greed and is a testament to how broken the law is in the country. Can't really call it fair when the police is supposed to protect property and not people.

Music in stores is more annoying than calming.

Years
  • Disagree, it depends on the music but it's generally quite a cool thing. I mean, it's not like it's calming, but it's not annoying either. It's entertaining, I would say. Again, it depends on the store. Sometimes it's annoying, but from my personal experience, it's quite a rare thing.

Clothing accessories are often more appealing than clothes themselves.

Years
  • Disagree. I don't pay attention to them. Comfy clothes are where it's at 😏

Good gameplay is more important than good graphics.

papper

pikachu clone
    Years
  • agree, I personally find low poly graphics really charming! everything's going to look "gross and dated" in a few years anyway.

grass types can be good when used right

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    I don't know about VGC, but on Pokémon Showdown, Rillaboom, Ferrothorn, Kartana are OverUsed in Gen 8 Sw/Sh. Some will remember Roserade being a dangerous threat in Gen 4 OverUsed. Serperior, Tangrowth, Tapu Bulu... also had their moment of glory in OverUsed.
    But overall, the Grass type is kinda weak, too many weaknesses to very common coverage types (Fire, Flying, Ice + weakness to U-Turn), the Grass-type is resisted by too many types. It's hard to justify using a Grass-type Pokémon in your OU team unless it hits very hard (Kartana, Rillaboom, Roserade in Gen 4, Serperior, Tapu Bulu in Gen 7) or has usable defensive stats (Tangrowth, Ferrothorn) 🤔
    So I agree, it *can* be good, but it generally isn't...

Humanity is now completely dependent on computers.

Years
    • Seen today
    Disagree but not fully. I understand how you could make the argument. Our society would collapse with an internet shut down. However many jobs are still done manually.

The living are scarier than the dead.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    If we ignore people who can haunt us beyond the grave due to how they acted when they were alive and the mental consequences that has caused us and that we can't fully leave behind because we can't confront them anymore: then sure, the living can be scarier. Especially the living who really want to be in control.

Pretzels should be a mandatory addition to any breakfast!

Years
  • Errr..... it's more of a snack to me. Which isn't really what I'm looking for in breakfast 😅
    I'll Disagree.

Icecream is better than Yoghurt.

StCooler

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Agreed. Oatmeal is like the worst thing to eat for breakfast!

Plushies are a necessary piece of decoration.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I mean, I agree but has there ever been any doubt about that? Truly, only a monster would disagree to that! D:
    Unless, of course you mean that they can be more than just decoration.

Apple Juice is the best juice.

Years
  • disagree! orange juice is pretty good and peach juice is top tier lol

the food you cook for yourself tastes better than when other people make it for you

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back