• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ah, Nuts! (Legumes & drupes too)

Years
    Nut= A fruit consisting of a hard or tough shell around an edible kernel.

Do you like nuts, or dislike them? If you're a yay for nuts, then what's your favorite kind of nut, and way of eating them?

I think there's no greater nut in the whole wide world than pistachios, at least when they are roasted and lightly salted. With no seasoning they're can be bland, but a little pinch of something takes it to the next level. Easy to eat too since the shells open on their own as they get ripe and when they are dried out, my hungry fingers do the rest. I also like the taste of pistachio ice cream pretty good- not my definitive favorite kind of ice cream, but a fine dessert when it's made right.

Pecans are next on my list. They are really delicious, and my all-time favorite kind of pie is this flavor, they're also amazing in cookies. They are a hassle to break open though. You need a nut cracker or hammer.

I like peanuts, the peanuts are good by themselves. Shelled salted nuts in little packets are fine, or cracking open the soft shell with my hands and eating them raw from the barrel-- I have a lot of memories of doing the former staying with uncles in South Carolina. Peanut butter makes a mean cookie, and I think peanut brittle candy is heavenly. I also love a good vegetable pad Thai with peanuts sprinkled on top. Peanuts also pair up in divine ways with chocolate.

What do you have to say about nuts?

Ah, Nuts! (Legumes & drupes too)

Years
    I love nuts, they are very good and healthy. I like to pair them with fruit for a healthy snack. My favorite nuts are pistachios and cashews. Peanuts are good too, but they are actually legumes instead of nuts.

Years
    If eating just the nuts by themselves: I only like Peanuts.

But if eating them in a dish, Cashews and Almonds can be quite delicious too!

Years
    I love nuts, they are very good and healthy. I like to pair them with fruit for a healthy snack. My favorite nuts are pistachios and cashews. Peanuts are good too, but they are actually legumes instead of nuts.

You're right, I forgot that. I like cashews too, my world's been turned topsy-turvy though, because now I read that cashews and pistachios don't even count as nuts either, they are technically drupe seeds! This is too much for me to handle at once, let's pretend that they are all normal tree nuts and keep them on the list anyway :)

Years
    • Online now
    Cashews are my favorite, but due to the stigma of 'not being peanuts' I wasn't going to post here.

But since it counts right now, they for sure are my favorite.

pkmin3033

Hazelnuts are my personal favourites, and I despise coconut with every fiber of my being. Otherwise...I'm kinda indifferent to them? My diet consists more of oats than nuts, but where you find one in a product you generally find the other, so I eat a pretty wide variety of nuts in small quantities. But no coconut.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Nuts have too many calories, so I refuse to eat them. I'm very picky about what kind of foods I let into my body, and nuts are one of them. idk how my mom can eat an entire cannister of them by herself, tbh

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I was never a fan of nuts until on an expedition in Africa (not a country but I don't want to be specific) my group decided to spend as if we were impoverished - lots of rice, very little seasoning - which was horrible as I'm not a rice guy (and was a teen at this time), but I did 40k on some fresh (unsalted, obvs) peanuts and it was like I was eating a different food! The national habit of buying over-salted KP nuts is bizarre to me now although incidentally unsalted never tasted as good - its true what they say, when you're hungry stuff tastes amazing, Explains Blue Powerade's charms too!

Got obssessed with 'Noisette' Milka, after a couple of weeks I looked it up and realised I like Hazelnuts too!

Back