• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Allergies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    What are you allergic to?
    What happens if you touch/inhale/whatever it?

Food-wise, I'm allergic to turkey and maybe bananas (my throat swells shut for turkey and my mouth gets all weird when I eat bananas).

Animal-wise, I'm allergic to cats, dogs, rats, hamsters, ferrets, and probably more. It varies...usually hives and/or asthma.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I've got no allergies at all. So I'm happy about that, I can eat anything and pet anything without having to worry about having allergy reactions :)

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I'm not allergic to anything. I only react to the general things like pollen and pet dander and the afflictions are limited to head colds under most circumstances.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • The only allergy I've ever noticed is that I sneeze a couple times after eating a cough drop. Every time. No matter what.

I'm not sure what it is that I'm actually allergic to in that though.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2018
    I'm allergic to these dudes.
    Spoiler:

Annoying as hell little white flowers in the grass. Eugh.

I'm not allergic to anything else except pollen.

Those are clover flowers. I only know because I eat them from time to time.
    I've never heard of anyone being allergic to them, though. Does it happen if you eat clover honey?

Years
  • Cats, but not all cats it seems. I think some types don't have the same kinds of dander or whatever it is that people are allergic to.

Grass, dust, mold, and pollen are the others that affect me. You know, typical nature. Luckily nothing food related, nothing that could kill me if I wasn't careful.

Hannah

beep bop boop
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Nov 16, 2021
    I'm not allergic to anything, as far as I know.

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    Im not really allergic to anything except seasonal stuff like pollen. It usually only gives me a stuffy nose and sneasing.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Not allergic to anything, but my skin gets irritated if I use aloe on my face.. however I can drink aloe juice just fine and use it on other parts of my body and wont feel anything.. so unsure if I am allergic or just sensitive.
    Same with spicy food, my mouth will feel sandpapery for days.. but I think I am just sensitive.

Other than that I'm thankful I have no allergies!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm not allergic to any food and I think I'm only allergic to one really obscure uncommon medication, so I'm pretty good as far as that goes!

When it comes to seasonal allergies and pollen and such... I need to live in a plastic bubble. I just moved this past summer so this was my first time dealing with this area's autumn allergies, and they whooped me. I had a sore throat for the whole month of September and I woke up several days from not being able to breathe at all. They still bother me sometimes but thankfully we've gotten frost a couple times so hopefully that dealt with that x_o

Madic0

Years
  • I'm allergic to oak pollen. So come every spring, things tend to get a little nasty for about week, until it subsides.

I also used to be lactose intolerant, but ice cream was too tempting and I grew a pseudo-immunity. x]

however I can drink aloe juice just fine and use it on other parts of my body and wont feel anything.. so unsure if I am allergic or just sensitive.

I never knew you could drink aloe. O_o

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'm not allergic to anything anymore. I used to be allergic to mosquitoes (the bites they gave me would swell up to the size of tennis balls) and tomatoes (gave me asthma) but neither bother me anymore and I don't have anything else I know of.

Oh, wait, there is one! Codeine.

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
  • I have hayfever, so an allergy to pollen, if you want to count that and a pretty heavy lactose intolerance. Which is sorta annoying since it really cuts down some of the stuff I can eat and lactose-free substitutes are expensive as hell but it's not that massive a deal. It's had me in nasty situations a couple of times though, particularly when I was really young and a friend's mum didn't realise I had that allergy so gave me a yogurt. That got messy, haha. For some reason I react way above what you'd normally expect from someone lactose intolerant and tend to almost die when I have it, lol.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Oh, where do I start?...

Food-wise: The big three for me are dairy, eggs, and peanuts. Eating these mostly causes me to break out in hives and a rash.
    Other: I'm allergic to animals when alive. At various times I've been told it's because of the dander or their saliva. Either a rash or sinus trouble can result from them. I also have allergies to the usual dust particles, pollen, mold, etc., and these cause my sinuses to give me trouble. Asthma used to be a symptom associated with all my allergies, but I haven't had an attack in over a decade so I think my allergies manifest themselves as skin conditions mostly nowadays.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I don't seem to have an allergic reaction to anything. It seems to be only pollen where I get hayfever pretty bad.

Aeon.

Carrion
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 22, 2016
    As far as I know, I'm allergic to nothing. Kind of thankful for that since I'm easily sickened as it is.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    Asma :<

I can't be around cats/dogs for too long (yes, this is very sad)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back