• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Allergies

Years
    Allergies are basically there to make your life ****. And they do a decent job. But as I'm sitting here looking at my friends eating stuff that'll get me hospitalised if it touches my insides, I'm wondering how bad people's allergies can actually get. So what are your allergies (if you have any)?

I'm allergic to peanuts, cashews, and coconut.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
    I has no allergies. At all. Unless you count smog, which IIRC everyone is technically "allergic" to. That had my nose in knots for two weeks :b

My sister's allergies would always act up every spring here in NC, but when she moved to Colorado they stopped. Damn pollen and humidity is annoying here :/

Rylee Xylph

Fairy Tale Boy
    Years
    I've eaten many a food and shared the company of many different animals with no negative side effects

Hayfever on the other hand... I dread it every year

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    I have allergies to seasonal stuff. My allergies however, aren't as bad as when I was a kid though. They've gotten much better as I've matured and gotten older. I do get that occasional annoying stuffy nose though.

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
    I hate allergies >_>

My most unbearable one is in every other spring my eyes itch like crazy because of what's in the air. My second worst one was figuring out I am allergic to the timothy hay I used to buy for my gerbils. I wasn't allergic to it before when I had my first pair of gerbils but now that I'm on my second set I developed an allergy to it >_> I had the worse case of sneezing and my throat would swell up and itch really bad. I thought my nose was going to fall off too. My mom wanted me to move them out of my room because of it. I'm just glad it was the timothy hay because my dad dislikes the gerbils and would probably kill them if they got loose in the house.

One of my other minor allergies is to mosquito bites so I have to avoid going outside after dark in the summer.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I'm only allergic to penicillin and amoxocillin and such.

Then there's the normal-everybody-has-it allergies of stuffed or runny nose and watery eyes and stuff.

Poki

Banned
    Years
    All I know is that I'm allergic to dust and grass pollen. However, I had an allergic shock from an uknown source a few months ago (it was most likely from the meds I took), so I might've developed other allergies over the years that I'm unaware of.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    My allergies can get ... er interesting?

I'm allergic to foods which have too many preservatives (apparently). And it's not a constant thing either since if I eat certain things, I can sometimes get an allergic reaction (eczema nothing too bad) and a lot of the time I don't which is weird.
    Like for example, I was apparently allergic to chicken nuggets when I was 5. Didn't eat it for about 10 years and was able to eat it again and then about a year after became allergic to it again.

Also allergic to chlorine (or well exposing self to chlorine too often) so I can only go swimming once in a while.

pkmin3033

The only allergy I have that I know of is to blackcurrant...that upset me immensely when I was a child, as I loved how sweet it was. But after I was very ill a few times afterwards (and considering my father has the same reaction) we deduced it wasn't a good idea for me to drink it, or consume it in any other form either. My little brother has the same problem as well, so I guess it runs in the family.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Never been allergic to anything and hope I will never be. My bf is to peanuts and dogs though, but he can actually sit beside someone eating peanuts so I wonder how serious it really is... :p

In my job I work with dangerous liquids though so who knows, in a decade I might not even be able to wear clothes. :D

Yukari

Cat's, Dog's, more varieties of Mold then I bother to remember, Johnson grass (That ****'s everywhere in Kentucky, unfortunately.), Cockroaches, and Dustmites. I think that's all. Fortunately my allergies are so mild that they don't bother me much, and the allergy shots that I get help a lot too.

Back