• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Forms

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • I really want to see more Alola Forms of Pokemon people... actually like and/or use. Like Ninetales is pretty popular but... Raticate? Really? I think that the Alola Raticate is just as forgettable as the regular one buuuut.... whatever haha.

I thought this fan one was pretty cool:
    Alola Forms

(was really hoping for a Fairy/Dragon Alola Dragonite, but alas, we saw a normal Dragonite in the trailer so I assume it's not happening) :(

I was sooo convinced that Psychic Pink Butterfree would be a thing since it was such a central part of the first season it would be cool to include, but that was also deconfirmed right?

edit: THIS IS SO CUTE THO GIVE ME BOTH
    Alola Forms

Last edited:

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • I really want to see more Alola Forms of Pokemon people... actually like and/or use. Like Ninetales is pretty popular but... Raticate? Really? I think that the Alola Raticate is just as forgettable as the regular one buuuut.... whatever haha.

I actually like how they're giving them to weak and underrated Pokemon, people are already upset that Gen 1 is getting all the pandering as it is and they'd be more upset if say like Charizard got an Alola form or whatever. Some Pokemon need some revamping and new spotlight, and I think Alola Forms are doing a good job on that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I actually like how they're giving them to weak and underrated Pokemon, people are already upset that Gen 1 is getting all the pandering as it is and they'd be more upset if say like Charizard got an Alola form or whatever. Some Pokemon need some revamping and new spotlight, and I think Alola Forms are doing a good job on that.

But the thing is we don't even know if their stats are better. Alola Raticate might be just as underrated as regular Raticate for all we know.

I dunno. If I worked at TPC I would have done things way differently...

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • From what we know, Alolans aren't better, they just have different stats and typings. I think that is a given. As I think the Alolan Sandslash info says that it is faster and has more defense or something along the lines of that.

It really wouldn't make sense for them to be better as they just adapted, not evolved like Mega Evolution. In other words, there stats change, not grow.

However, there are a lot of pokemon that aren't being given an Alolan Form when they are still under used.

Also although I still don't totally agree with canceling pokemon out because we have seen them in there normal forms, the newest anime trailer shows a normal Primeape. So if people want to go along with seeing normal forms confirms no alolans for that pokemon, Primeape and Manky are now canceled out.

Last edited:

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • But the thing is we don't even know if their stats are better. Alola Raticate might be just as underrated as regular Raticate for all we know.

To me, it's not just about whether its stats have improved or whether it's stronger in battle, but just the fact taht they're given a spotlight and some point of differentiation is cool enough. People used to never talk about Exeggutor, but now it has something cool or interesting about it, which I think it pretty cool. I would rather that than Pokémon that are already popular getting favoured even more.

Years
  • From what we know, Alolans aren't better, they just have different stats and typings. I think that is a given. As I think the Alolan Sandslash info says that it is faster and has more defense or something along the lines of that.

I expect Alola Forms to have different stats than the normal forms, if that flavour text regarding Alolan Sandslash is an indication. I can already see Alolan Exeggutor becoming more of a physical attacker if the moves we've seen it use is another indication.

Also, it appears Mankey and Primeape got deconfirmed. I think it's safe to assume that if a 1st Gen Pokemon is seen in its normal form in trailers or other promotional stuff, it's likely not getting an Alola Form.

Years
  • It is weird how with some evolution lines with Alola Forms, only the final stage had the Alola Form as we've seen with Exeggcute, Cubone, and Pichu/Pikachu lacking the Alola Form while Exeggutor, Marowak and Raichu have it.

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Yup that's weird... The entire evolution line should have adapted... It doesn't make sense for a non-adapted Pokémon evolve into an adapted one.... but oh well. Can't wait to see more Alola Forms!

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Yup that's weird... The entire evolution line should have adapted... It doesn't make sense for a non-adapted Pokémon evolve into an adapted one.... but oh well. Can't wait to see more Alola Forms!

Eh I disagree. I think some Pokémon would be able to survive and thrive fine as they are (e.g. Exeggcute) whereas their evolved form would have needed to adapt (or benefited more from adapting), as in the case of Exeggutor where it just adapted because of the year-round sunshine, which isn't really a reason for Exeggcute to adapt.

Whereas Cubone for example, it would make sense for there to also be an Alolan Cubone since the flavour text says Marowak adapted because there were so many Grass-type Pokémon in Alola, which are Marowak's natural enemies.

Charlie Brown

Years
  • Yeah, I can deal with there not beign an Alolan Exeggute, but I feel Alolan Cubone was a bit of a missed opportunity, imo.

Mm well has it been confirmed yet that there's no Alolan Cubone?

Though I'm guessing they decided on Alolan Marowak first and foremost because of the cool fire twirling stuff and how it would be fitting for a Haiwaiian-based region, and then shoved a reason for Marowak to have adapted :P But yeah an Alolan Cubone would be cool to have though!

That being said though, I'm hoping for a nice surprise in CoroCoro, mainly a sizeable amount of Alola forms since, as I've mentioend, we really haven't gotten any Alola form news in quite a while and I'm really expecting there to be more than the miniscule amount that they've shown already.

Yeah I'd like to see a couple others! I wouldn't mind having a few left unrevealed (maybe Alolan Persian can be left unrevealed) but it would be cool to see at least two or three more Alola forms.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • A final scoop on new Alola forms would be nice. It feels like a while since we've had new forms, so I'm hoping there are still a good few more yet to be revealed.

Years
  • I support this new feature of Alolan Formes.
    To be honest, I think something like this should have been in the games a long time ago like around Generation 3.
    I always wanted variants of Pokémon that were different colors but not shiny or had different features. However, to have that and addition or changing of types is more than I could imagine!

I like all of the forms shown so far. My favorites would have to be Raichu (one of my favorite Pokémon), Marowak, and the Vulpix line.
    Hopefully, this feature will be well received when Sun & Moon are released and we can have different forms in different lands in future generations

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Using the list current Kanto Pokemon who haven't been crossed out or have a cross-gen evolution (and assuming the Alolan forms of the Nidos and Dodrio line are true), I'm going to list out my preferred types for the possible Alolan forms:

Ekans - Poison/Water
    Arbok - Poison/Dragon
    Clefable - Fairy/Ghost
    Vileplume - Grass/Ghost
    Golem - Rock/Steel
    Rapidash line - Fairy/Flying
    Farfetch'd - Fighting/Flying
    Seel - Fairy
    Dewgong - Fairy/Ice
    Koffing line - Poison/Fire
    Seaking line - Water/Ground
    Jynx - Grass/Psychic

Truth be told, I do hope the Dodrio turns out to be Fighting/Ground knowing how inconsistent that leak has been with Alolan forms.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I'm wondering if Scyther going to receive an Alolan form .
    I really like to see an Alolan Scizor that can actually FLY.

"Monsters you remember from Red, Gold or Ruby have been reinvented to suit the Alolan environment" might imply Alola Forms for 2nd and 3rd Gen Pokemon

Does this mean Gen II and III pokemon will get Alolan form ?

Years
  • I definitely like the idea of a Fire-type Alola Form for Koffing and Weezing. That one drawing of a Bug/Fairy Parasect looked nice as well, so I hope it gets an appearance like that.

Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2017
    Okay, here's a few possibilities I see.

Fearow==Water/Flying
    Fearow is based on several different kinds of birds that feed in lakes and swamps, so why isn't it a Water type?
    Farfetch'd==Grass/Flying
    Farfetch'd is canonly an endangered species, so it would make sense for the Aether Foundation to try to help it by putting it in a better envoronment. Since it always carries as leak, it would make sense for it to become a Grass type.
    Dewgong==Water/Ground
    Dewgong may look like a ringed seal from the Artic, but its named after the dugong and is the "sea lion Pokemon", both are far more tropical.
    Starmie==Water/Poison
    The crown-of-thorns starfish that Starmie is based off of is toxic, so...why not?
    Mewtwo==Dark
    We got Ash-Greninja, so why not dark Mewtwo?

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2016
    Alolan pokemon theory

If you looked at every revealed alolan pokemon so far you will notice a pattern. Every Alolan pokemon with the exception of Raichu are all two stage pokemon. Even Raichu can be argued for that he is a two stage pokemon if you only consider the Kanto (gen 1) pokemon. The reveal of Alolan Grimer just helps solidify this argument even further. So far we haven't seen any three stage all Kanto native pokemon get an Alolan form. I've made a list with potential alolan pokemon, wether it be the final evolution only or the full evolution stage, that meet the requirements under these conditions. This is heavy speculations ofcourse:

1. Rattata / Raticate
    2. Spearrow / Fearrow
    3. Ekans / Arbok
    4. Pikachu / Raichu
    5. Sandshrew / Sandslash
    6. Vulpix / Ninetales
    7. Paras / Parasect
    8. Venonat / Venomoth
    9. Diglett / Dugrio
    10. Meowth / Persian
    11. Psyduck / Golduck
    12. Mankey/ Primeape
    13. Growlithe / Arcanine
    14. Tentacool / Tentacruel
    15. Ponyta / Rapidash
    16. Magnemite / Magneton
    17. Doduo / Dodrio
    18. Seel / Dewgong
    19. Grimer / Muk
    20. Shelldder / Cloyster
    21. Drowzee / Hypno
    22. Krabby / Kingler
    23. Voltorb / Electrode
    24. Exeggcute / Exeggutor
    25. Cubone / Marrowak
    26. Koffing / Weezing
    27. Rhyhorn / Rhydon
    28. Horsea / Seadra
    29. Goldeen / Seaking
    30. Staryu / Starmie
    31. Magikarp / Gyarados
    32. Omanyte / Omastar
    33. Kabuto / Kabutops

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Imagine if Alola Farfetch'd has the Super Luck ability while wearing the leek, the amount of crit it would get. I know a rom hack of 6th gen had Farfetch'd being Fighting/Flying with Super Luck.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Would Super Luck still work if an Alolan Farfetch'd still has crummy stats like its regular form?

Okay, here's a few possibilities I see.

Fearow==Water/Flying
    Fearow is based on several different kinds of birds that feed in lakes and swamps, so why isn't it a Water type?
    Farfetch'd==Grass/Flying
    Farfetch'd is canonly an endangered species, so it would make sense for the Aether Foundation to try to help it by putting it in a better envoronment. Since it always carries as leak, it would make sense for it to become a Grass type.
    Dewgong==Water/Ground
    Dewgong may look like a ringed seal from the Artic, but its named after the dugong and is the "sea lion Pokemon", both are far more tropical.
    Starmie==Water/Poison
    The crown-of-thorns starfish that Starmie is based off of is toxic, so...why not?
    Mewtwo==Dark
    We got Ash-Greninja, so why not dark Mewtwo?

The Fearow line, Starmie line, and Mewtwo were crossed out by the riddle leaker, so they aren't getting Alolan forms.

Back