• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Alolan Muk and New Characters for Sun and Moon

blue

gucci
Years
  • Did anyone notice that in both the international and Japanese trailers, Kommo-o battles a pseudo-legendary? Respectively, Garchomp and Dragonite... It really seems to be Alola's pseudo, but might be just a coincidence.

It seems more than likely that Jangmo-o will be the pseudo legendary for this gen. A three-staged evolutionary Dragon-type is certainly fitting for one.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
    Years
  • Gen VII is really trying to make Grass types my favorite again, and I am perfectly okay with this! I love Bounsweet's final evolution so much! Now I am going to have a hard time choosing between Lurantis and Tsareena.

I am glad the in game model for Kommo-o looks a lot better than it's official art. I didn't like it at first, but this sells it for me.

OH AND I FORGOT I LOVE RIBOMBEE

Years
  • Yeah, it seemed obvious to me that it's going to be Alola's psuedo-legend. I hope it's not the only one, but it might be.

It seems more than likely that Jangmo-o will be the pseudo legendary for this gen. A three-staged evolutionary Dragon-type is certainly fitting for one.

I agree with the mods. Jangmo-o's evolution line might be our pseudo-legendary.

It's a three-stage line which already ticks one of the boxes. Now we'll wait and see if a demo dataminer can reveal if Kommo-o has the required 600 BST that every final-stage pseudo-legend has.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    Remember when people thought Noivern would be Kalos' pseudo? Or when they said Haxorus would be Unova's?

Yeahhhhh.

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • no offence to stheena and tsareena, but theyr'e probably just hyped up forms of pokemon like vivillon. they said that vivillons pattern on the back would be different in evry state of the US. but, vivillon was a scam. an overhyped golbat. same here. a poke specific move-trop kick. an epic abilty- queenly majesty- wasted on a normal average pokemon. its kind of like revealing the entire lillipup line with special abilities. no offence to stoutland, but its just a normal common pokemon.

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    no offence to stheena and tsareena, but theyr'e probably just hyped up forms of pokemon like vivillon. they said that vivillons pattern on the back would be different in evry state of the US. but, vivillon was a scam. an overhyped golbat. same here. a poke specific move-trop kick. an epic abilty- queenly majesty- wasted on a normal average pokemon. its kind of like revealing the entire lillipup line with special abilities. no offence to stoutland, but its just a normal common pokemon.
    How was the Tsareena line hyped? They were revealed just like any other Pokémon.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • no offence to stheena and tsareena, but theyr'e probably just hyped up forms of pokemon like vivillon. they said that vivillons pattern on the back would be different in evry state of the US. but, vivillon was a scam. an overhyped golbat. same here. a poke specific move-trop kick. an epic abilty- queenly majesty- wasted on a normal average pokemon. its kind of like revealing the entire lillipup line with special abilities. no offence to stoutland, but its just a normal common pokemon.
    To add what clbgolden said as well - who said that vivillon's pattern would have differed for each state of the US? I don't recall anyone saying that. I feel you might be assuming too much here. Nothing is being proclaimed about Tsareena being greater than other Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • If my theory of the Trial Captains' types being based on that of the Kanto starters (plus Pikachu and Eevee who had that role in Yellow) is true, then if there are only eight the other three will probably be Flying, Dragon, and Poison (based on Charizard (and it's X Mega) and Venusaur's secondary typings, how fitting, the two original mascots).

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • -The new Muk looks okay I guess.

-The new grass ones look more like humanoids than actual mons.

-Cutiefly evo would be okay... If not for the freakig SCARF. Why ;-;.

-the new charcters are okay but was expecting worse considering the hideous freak that they call the gen7 female protag exists ;(.

prepares for bashing

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Yes, Jangmo-o might be our Pseudo-Legend of this generation, but I hope there's more than one. I'd love to see a Pseudo which wasn't a Dragon-type, ala Metagross and Tyranitar style. I personally would love to see a Water-type Pseudo, but that's unlikely :/

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Yes, Jangmo-o might be our Pseudo-Legend of this generation, but I hope there's more than one. I'd love to see a Pseudo which wasn't a Dragon-type, ala Metagross and Tyranitar style. I personally would love to see a Water-type Pseudo, but that's unlikely :/
    I also wanted a non-Dragon pseudo. It's been a long time since last had one (III).

clbgolden

Swampert Fan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2019
    -The new Muk looks okay I guess.

-The new grass ones look more like humanoids than actual mons.

-Cutiefly evo would be okay... If not for the freakig SCARF. Why ;-;.

-the new charcters are okay but was expecting worse considering the hideous freak that they call the gen7 female protag exists ;(.

prepares for bashing
    Wait, so you're saying that...

-You don't think Birombee's scarf is adorable?!

-You don't love the fabulous female protagonist and her glovehat?!

-Alolan Muk is just ok?!

'Loads gun'

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • -Well wouldn'nt say just ok but I don't have issues with it.

-No i don't as in I really don't. But her hat is fine if that was what you were asking.

-Sorry but yes, the scarf kinda ruined the design for me. I like Cutiefly itself a lot more tbh. And I also don't like how it is also basically the same thing as Cutiefly except now it stands on 2 legs can I make Donphan stand on 2 legs and claim it evolved? BUT THAT SCARF UGH WANT TO TEAR IT OFF sorry.

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
  • Am I the only one who doesn't like Alola Muk but likes Ribombee? Then again I never liked Grimer/Muk and the rainbow effect just makes it look stupid in my opinion; it doesn't even look dark type!

The other Pokemon reveals are pretty awesome too but Silvally is my favourite next to that cute little Ribombee. I don't care if it's useless, I want it.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I LOVE THE NEW MUK. HE IS SO RAINBOW AND DELICIOUS *___*

Steenee is wonderful as well. Its pigtails are perfect <3

Back