• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

What's your rating, guys?

• ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 352 70.8%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 115 23.1%
  • ✰ ✰ ✰

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • ✰ ✰

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • Votes: 11 2.2%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    Do you plan to make any other rom hacks like this? If so, I'd be more than happy to see them since all these changes and additions are simply fantastic and make for a truly one of a kind experience.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    How do I get the plant decorations? The lady in the Pretty Petal Flower Shop only asks if I want to learn about berries.

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2020
    How can I use headbutt on trees. I am unable to do so.
    How to get the item on Route 103. I can't reach there. I don't want to use cheats.

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Hello, I just ran into a big problem.
    While I was walking through the Manor, I got to the room with Ariados, and captured it, but I didn't get the TM Snatch, I tried checking the Ariados to see if it was equipped as an object, and came back to the manor to see if it was in the bed, no luck.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2020
    I'm currently trying to breed the egg move of "brave bird" for my zubat, and I'm using swellow as the male parent to breed it. But no matter how many times I tried, it seems like my zubat just won't inherent the move "brave bird" from swellow. It seems like breeding egg moves of future generations pokemon won't work here. Is there something wrong with the breeding system in this rom hack? It would be great if anyone could help me out with this... Thanks..

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2020
    Just wanted to say, this is a great rom hack. Such a great find. I've played through it 2 times now, just started my 3rd run. I love the quick access to move tutors and the other quality of life updates. Thank you to the creator of it. I'm a huge fan and if there is a link to donate, please let me know. A lot of work and love was put into this. I see it every time I play.
    Thank you,
    -Ray

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    how do you patch it? just downloads a bunch of document files?? is there a step by step process?

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2023
    Hello! Great work! I wanna ask few things! Can I change battle mode? Is there pss? And which Pokémon have different typing?! Thanks a lot!

luuma

searching for Meaning, offering HA numel
    Years
  • Alright I'm actually struggling to upload this new patch because I'm a dumbass so I'll update this soon lol.

Many of the questions above are answered in the main post. I'll check the main post to see if it has the info for all of them, but so far, mostly, Check The First Post!!

Thank you all so, so much for playing. It's been a fun couple of years of hiatus, and I've now got a secure job that I love to bits. My life's, tentatively, in order.

This means semi-regular patches will semi-resume. I'll check back sometime in April ;)

EDIT: There's a set of three invisible walls on the first route now! An absolute rookie error. I'm planning to put out a very small patch fixing this along with some other assorted bugs found by the fantastic folk over at the discord over the hiatus. See you all by the end of the week, and probably earlier.

For now, here's the latest patch - Patch 4. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zPGR4FsnQkRUNq9-vHW78tIYkvC8BUnA/view?usp=sharing

It adds this, which can be accessed from route 109;

Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

Last edited:

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • Thank you all so, so much for playing. It's been a fun couple of years of hiatus, and I've now got a secure job that I love to bits. My life's, tentatively, in order.

Welcome back mate! So glad that you have decided to come back to PC and that too with a new update to the hack, how wonderful is that! Altered Emerald is by far the best Emerald QoL hack as of now in my opinion, and I'm really looking forward to see what value additions you have planned for it in the upcoming future. Wish you luck in all your future endeavours...

P.S. Congratulations for grabbing a secure job that you love to bits!

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2021
    Just created an account to say thank you for coming back!!! So excited to see where this goes. Gonna start a Nuzlocke with the new patch, tonight!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2021
    Alright I'm actually struggling to upload this new patch because I'm a dumbass so I'll update this soon lol.

Many of the questions above are answered in the main post. I'll check the main post to see if it has the info for all of them, but so far, mostly, Check The First Post!!

Thank you all so, so much for playing. It's been a fun couple of years of hiatus, and I've now got a secure job that I love to bits. My life's, tentatively, in order.

This means semi-regular patches will semi-resume. I'll check back sometime in April ;)

EDIT: There's a set of three invisible walls on the first route now! An absolute rookie error. I'm planning to put out a very small patch fixing this along with some other assorted bugs found by the fantastic folk over at the discord over the hiatus. See you all by the end of the week, and probably earlier.

For now, here's the latest patch - Patch 4. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zPGR4FsnQkRUNq9-vHW78tIYkvC8BUnA/view?usp=sharing

It adds this, which can be accessed from route 109;

Altered Emerald (386+ patch with new maps and 7th gen battle engine/evos)

Hey there, @luuma! Just created an account here to personally say thank you and that I am very much enjoying this hack. Currently at Ever Grande preparing to take on the League, and so far the game has been a perfect mix of fun and challenge!

The puzzles are satisfying to solve, and the stat / movepool changes are a breath of fresh air. It's like playing Emerald on a new difficulty but without losing our sense of familiarity and nostalgia.

Just noticed a few things, and would like to clarify some:

1. There are double battles wherein the enemy would be able to move twice or thrice in succession, all in JUST ONE TURN. Top of my head example would be the Ludicolo / Spinda combo of the Cooltrainers in Victory Road. Was this intentional?

2. I'm already at the endgame of the main story but I still haven't gotten the TMs for Ice Beam and Flamethrower, etc. Are they removed from the game?

3. The move tutor in Mossdeep City teaches Pound instead of Drain Punch. Has this error been patched in 4.0?

4. Will there be an EV Checker / EV Trainer and Resetter / IV Checker and Booster / Nature Changer in the future? Planning to play this game for a long time, so I'd like to competitively take on the Battle Frontier in what I call "Single Player Competitive".

Thanks a lot for coming back! Looking forward to your answers. Kudos!

samuelmather

samuelmather
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    I think the changes to the palettes of the trees for example are not good as their outlines are too soft

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Glad to see updates! Specially the optional old natures, that's what I was looking forward since I first played this hack. Thanks a lot for creating this fun experience.

luuma

Years
  • Big bugfixing patch out here https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x8UWAwNEad8w9kG7bTUsRl5HkI7ihP_N/view?usp=sharing

Before applying this patch, make sure you've beaten Norman.

Patch notes:
    Spoiler:

See you all in april ;)

luuma

Years
  • Hey there, @luuma! Just created an account here to personally say thank you and that I am very much enjoying this hack. Currently at Ever Grande preparing to take on the League, and so far the game has been a perfect mix of fun and challenge!

The puzzles are satisfying to solve, and the stat / movepool changes are a breath of fresh air. It's like playing Emerald on a new difficulty but without losing our sense of familiarity and nostalgia.

Just noticed a few things, and would like to clarify some:

1. There are double battles wherein the enemy would be able to move twice or thrice in succession, all in JUST ONE TURN. Top of my head example would be the Ludicolo / Spinda combo of the Cooltrainers in Victory Road. Was this intentional?

2. I'm already at the endgame of the main story but I still haven't gotten the TMs for Ice Beam and Flamethrower, etc. Are they removed from the game?

3. The move tutor in Mossdeep City teaches Pound instead of Drain Punch. Has this error been patched in 4.0?

4. Will there be an EV Checker / EV Trainer and Resetter / IV Checker and Booster / Nature Changer in the future? Planning to play this game for a long time, so I'd like to competitively take on the Battle Frontier in what I call "Single Player Competitive".

Thanks a lot for coming back! Looking forward to your answers. Kudos!

1: Yes, they have the ability Dancer!

2: Flamethrower is now given by prof cozmo. Ice Beam is still on the Abandoned Ship

3: Yup! Fixed now

4: Yup, the EV checker and resetter was added to the battle frontier in patch 4.00, and the IV checker and booster's been in the game since 3.07ish. The nature changer doesn't exist yet

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2021
    1: Yes, they have the ability Dancer!

2: Flamethrower is now given by prof cozmo. Ice Beam is still on the Abandoned Ship

3: Yup! Fixed now

4: Yup, the EV checker and resetter was added to the battle frontier in patch 4.00, and the IV checker and booster's been in the game since 3.07ish. The nature changer doesn't exist yet

Thank you so much for the response! I've successfully patched it into 4.01b and so far everything's working fine.

Back