• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am I the only one?

Years
  • Ok, it's my birthday, it's time to destroy the wall which separates me from the rest of the world as my auto-present, and this means that I'm gonna release all the frustration that I have accumulated for years, but please have mercy with me.

Am I the only who hates the whole humanity? I hate it. I hate how the man changed the world, and in these last years we're passing the limit.

I hate most of the teenagers too, and today I'm 15, so they surround me every day making me feels like someone too different from the rest that no one wants, in fact I spend most of the time here at home stuck at the computer, and I don't like it.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks like that, it will helps.

Poki

Banned
    Years
  • First and foremost, happy birthday.

I wouldn't go as far as hating humanity as a whole, though. As much steps we've taken forward, the same amount we have taken backwards. But yeah, we ♥♥♥♥ed up a lot of things. There's an insane amount of stuff to discuss regarding that topic. I, for one, am too lazy to do so right now.

Ranting always helps, doesn't it?

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • Mankind is selfish and flawed and the human mind is irrational by every stretch. With that in mind, we as people have to better ourselves individually in hopes that we may be able to move past that, as it's in our very nature. Instead of throwing our hands up and walking out, many of us instead valiantly try to fight the growing ignorance and evil that surrounds us, often through the spoken and written word; all we can hope for is that it'll make a difference that cascades through humanity.

Empire

Lurking since 2008
    Years
  • We suck as a race, we've f***ed up too many times to consider ourselves worthy of the world we live in.

I wish that tomorrow an alien race more intelligent than us comes down and wipes Earth off the face of the galaxy, that's how much we don't deserve to exist, humans are so selfish and money hungry and it's so hard to find a genuine person in life.
    So yes in answer to your question OP, Humanity sucks, If intelligent life exists out there, it would most likely be superior to us in many ways, however humanity is still young and has time to correct their mistakes, but it won't happen for a long time and I can't see it happening at all because everyone has a different opinion and every man in politics at the moment is changing the world for the worse.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • I can only say that I'm honestly not proud to be a human being, not at all
    Sure, we made quite some achievements and things in the course of history, yet that doesn't make up for all the things we've done, or better, still do and most certainly will keep doing to ourselves/each other, to the environment, to the entire planet
    Not that I'm speaking about everyone everywhere, of course they are some exceptions who make me regain that "faith in humanity"
    I just wonder if our bad way of thinking is burnt into our instincts, or if someone messed up at some point in history and thus things just started to derail...

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Toni88 said:
    I hate most of the teenagers too, and today I'm 15, so they surround me every day making me feels like someone too different from the rest that no one wants, in fact I spend most of the time here at home stuck at the computer, and I don't like it.

I'm roughly the same age and I can't get along with people the same age as me. They just seem to tease me a lot and it hurts. Everyone else can get along, so why am I different. I'd like to thank everyone on this brilliant forum for making me feel like I can fit in. :t370:

Yeah humans can be awful sometimes, but for every awful person there's some selfless person doing good. Humanity is a real mixed bag.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    >Asks humanity do they hate humanity

Anyway. No, I don't particularly hate "humanity" because that is such a broad term. For every introvert out there that "hates everyone" there's another introvert thinking the exact same thing. They'd probably get along well. Though the real truth is, you can't really know that you hate everyone until you've met them all.

Like Nauje just said; hate is a really dumb emotion to cling onto. The more you express your hate towards something, especially other people (your own race), the more you dig yourself into an emotional hole. Ask yourself the question, "If I'm holding onto this hate towards 7 billion people, is it their problem, or mine?"

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Think of things you like; a book, a TV show, music, art, a meal. All of these were created by human minds. School may suck and your classmates may seem shallow, remember that they are just trying to fit in as best they can in their own way. You cannot know everyone's mind fully. The worst people can have the toughest past.

If you don't get along with anyone, that's fine. You can find many ways to entertain yourself without validation from others, but all the while you pre-occupy yourself with negative thoughts, you're only holding yourself back. If it's resentment because you are lonely, then you can't hate people that much if you want their company.

Years
  • Think of things you like; a book, a TV show, music, art, a meal. All of these were created by human minds. School may suck and your classmates may seem shallow, remember that they are just trying to fit in as best they can in their own way. You cannot know everyone's mind fully. The worst people can have the toughest past.

If you don't get along with anyone, that's fine. You can find many ways to entertain yourself without validation from others, but all the while you pre-occupy yourself with negative thoughts, you're only holding yourself back. If it's resentment because you are lonely, then you can't hate people that much if you want their company.
    Trust me, I haven't got a good past, but thank godness I'm not a person who insult the first one that see, nor a bully.
    And I'm not so much sad to be lonely, if that's how the society is like, I rather stay here for the rest of my life, it's too difficult to find someone who really is a good person. Better alone than in bad company.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    No I don't, but relax it'll pass. You sound like a pretty standard 15 year old to me.

Basically this. Hating humanity, among us nerds/weirdfolk, is a common phase of teenagerdom. Sometimes it unfortunately extends beyond, when people don't get over teenager hangups and start seeing the world in a deeper way.

I've found when I hated humanity, the best thing I did to reduce that was to let go of judging others on dumb things. I would turn "this person likes a top 40 band" into "this person must be shallow and not capable of deep thought", and turn myself against them. When you judge people who are in the mainstream because you yourself don't like it, it ends up often in the "humanity sucks" side of things.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I think a lot of people hate everyone at somepoint or another. Either it's an age phase or you're having an extremely bad moment in time. I know it's really easy to focus on all the bad things especially if you are already down, but in all seriousness it really only brings you down. For me personally I found the most depressing part of my life to be when I spent most of my time on the computer away from everyone.

It was just a bad cycle. I hated everyone so I went online to get away from everyone and really that only fueled my negativity and my desire to stay away. Sounds cliche but you really are only 15 and there's a lot of things in life you have yet to experience and tons of new people to meet. Like you said yourself you don't enjoy being stuck on the computer. So slowly get away from it. Go out and do things. It's easy to sit in your own thoughts and slowly convince yourself you hate everything eventually. It's a little harder to convince yourself to give the outside world another try, but I think you'll look back and be glad you did. There's a lot of awesome people out there.. some of them just take a while to actually reveal who they are. I think the most important thing to remember is that things don't change overnight. These feelings you have might last awhile or just creep back up when you're feeling ♥♥♥♥♥♥, regardless you shouldn't get discouraged and give up. It takes time to think a new way or to see the results of doing something different.

maccrash

foggy notion
    Years
  • I'm 15 too and like to think I've avoided this whole "everything sucks and everyone is stupid ;_;" thing. it's really of no use to think this way. like Gold warehouse said above me, take whatever you find solace in, literature, movies, music, whatever and then realize that people just like you made that thing: so all humanity mustn't suck!

a couple years ago I hated all my friends so I thought that by default I was gonna hate everyone but then I just found new friends that I actually like being around and now my problem is pretty much solved. this is absolutely a phase that you'll grow out of in the next couple years. also, I don't want to sound so self-righteous and all-knowing considering I'm your age too, hopefully I didn't come across that way heh.

happy birthday.

Fernbutter

Murder is the way.
    Years
  • I should wear a button saying: "I'M NOT PROUD TO BE HUMAN."

I think there have been to many things that humanity as a whole screwed up, I don't understand why natural selection didn't make the species go extinct immediately, we aren't really special, if anything were worse than the wildlife.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I'm a bit misanthropic too. My advice is to surround yourself with positive people who care for you and who let you know that. When you're around those people, your outlook on the world will change. Make friends with them. Love them, and let them love you. Focus your time and efforts on helping others through volunteer services to find the good in the world, and in other people.

New Eden

Ascension to heaven
    Years
  • #ihaveanevilshadowsidethatonlycomesoutinthenightanditsreallycoollookhowdifferentandquirkyiam
    Spoiler:

Thing is I used to be a total misanthrope up until very recently, but that seems to be a phase that is very much coming to an end. I'm still bit of a nihilist though...

You're not the only one though. I think everyone has some sort of feeling like that at one point in their life (if not their whole life.)

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I was the same at Highschool: hate everyone and even now I don't want to remember them, I never had a lot of friend and I didn't fit well (BUT I have some few good friends and they are the best!) Now I understand that it is not the quantity, but the quality :)
    I tell you, for me I just grew older and maybe understand myself more than ever. Highschool will be behind you, you'll live your life with the person that you really want to. My advise is to take some times for you and to understand yourself.
    Now I try to be positive and see the bright side of life. Focus on things that make you happy :) Believe me, it's easier like this! (But I know that's hard at first).

Back