• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Amusing things characters say

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Ever had I time when a character said something that you found amusing? Somebody say something really funny? Share hilarious lines from games you've played. We all could use a good laugh anyway.

TY

"I have pictures of you... hundreds" - Protoss Stalker in StarCraft II

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    "I realize now that it will take time. that the road ahead is long and shrouded in darkness. It is a road that will not always take me where I wish to go and I doubt I will live to see its end, but I will travel down it; nonetheless, for at my side walks hope in the face of all that insists I turn back, I carry on and this... this is my compromise." - Connor.

One of my most favorite quotes from Assassin's Creed, haha.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
    Years
  • "I was looking through some old suggestion cards to get used to human testing again. Do you want to know what the number one suggestion was? Less deadly tests. That's absurd! How do they know the test was deadly if they were still alive enough to write the suggestion?" - Glados (Portal 2)

Captain Oshawott

The Otter Pirate
    Years
  • "I've got crops to take care of." -Dominic Santiago *Gears of War 3*

"I think the radishes can cope without you for a while." -Marcus Fenix *same game*

-----------------------------------------

"Yeah, my boss is kind of like a big shot around here. He's got connections-" -Gary *Dead Rising 3*

"Oh, great, a mobster-" -Nick Ramos *same game*

"Oye, don't be rude! He prefer's the term 'King Pin'." -Gary.

-------------------------------------------

"First you will be baked, and then there will be cake." -Glad0s (Portal 1)

--------------------------------------------

"Hey Mordin, Jack and I are getting kind of serious. But I'm concerned that her biotic powers could prove problematic, any official diagnosis?" -Commander Shepard (Mass Effect 2)

"Yes, interesting choice. Powerful biotic, could cause fatal internal hermorraging, will prescribe," -Mordin Solus (same game) while putting on sunglasses. "-Anti-biotics."

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019

"It's an empty glass. Saddest thing I've seen all day."
    "Maybe I can deduce my fist into your face. Bet that would shut you up."
    (After being caught in a place he shouldn't be in) "Ain't this the kitchen? Where's Rosa?"
    "Your dad's a surgeon. He sews people up all the ti-HEY, I'm a man!" (Response to a kid who said that her dad can't sew because he's a man, despite asking Hyde to do it.)

Kyle Hyde is an awesome douche.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Oh my gods, Kid Icarus Uprising quotes (these are actual quotes; someone made images from them!):

AHHH, DONKEY KONG REFERENCE, wow. I think this was played at after the Ring of Chaos level or something. Its where we get the Chariot!

... actually, that's even less convincing. tehee, scardy cat pit. <3

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • "Welcome to Corneria!" x100. - Loyal and faithful guard of Corneria, Final Fantasy I.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Heavy Gear II
    "Hello Talon Commander! Welcome to Gamorrah, asscrack of the universe!" (Dragon to PC, after arriving on Gamorrah)
    "Of course - We'll just jump our three tons on very quietly and they will never hear us." (Antion Malliux to Juno Vesping, arguing on how to infiltrate a heavily defended space port)

Battlezone II
    "...Perhaps one day, they will know the value of the gift we are about to give them. People of Earth, prepare to meet your future." (Padasha Burnes, Scion ending - Terraforming the Dark Planet)
    "How were they going to destroy Earth? Or did they ever want to destroy Earth at all? I guess we'll never know... The answer dies with them." (John Cook, ISDF Ending - Destroying Core)

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
  • "Move and I'll shoot! ...I messed up. I mean, shoot and I'll move. In a flash." ~ Marisa Kirisame, Imperishable Night.

Shows the true nature of danmaku shooters.

Last edited:

Calamitastrophe

He's really feeling it
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    "Let's go to Aquios." (Star Ocean: Till the End of Time) I swear, Fate says this in almost every cut scene on that planet.

Also, any time two people talk about ladders in the Ace Attorney games. Phoenix and Apollo just can't win when it comes to ladders.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I would have to rewrite the whole script of Neptunia games to answer this question =D

Half the stuff in Nippon Ichi games could probably be used in this thread =)

For example, Gig's introduction in Soul Nomad:

Gig said:
    Who am I? Only the most hardcore ASSKICKER to ever walk the planet is all! The destroyer of everything! The commander of the World Eaters! But hell, you can just call me Gig.

Altair1

Willpower
    Years
  • "I have lived my life as best I could, not knowing its purpose, but drawn forward like a moth to a distant moon; and here at last, I discover a strange truth. That I am only a conduit, for a message that eludes my understanding." - Ezio Auditore da Firenze

Reactions: Nah
    Back