• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen And Your Name Is...?

Years
  • In every main-series Pokemon game, the professor prompts you to give the player a name. There's a list of pre-prepared options, and the choice to customize it entirely to your liking. My question is, what do you plan on naming yourself in ORAS? Is there any significance behind that name? Is that what you usually name your character in Pokemon, or are you changing it up for Hoenn?

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • I usually pick the default character name, which in this case would be Brendan or May, since my creativity is lacking and I don't really like my real name. I named my Pokemon X character after Marisa Kirisame (how typical of me lol) since she's related to an interest of mine, so I might name my characters after things like anime characters or game characters.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I'm going to use my real name! Only because Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and Hoenn is best region so I think it would work nicely. :3 For my playthrough of Omega Ruby (which I will probably buy..) I'll just pick a random boy's name.

Years
  • I'll name myself Nichole which happens to be my real name, and a trend I've been doing since 4th Gen.

Heir

/EYES SUSPICIOUSLY
    Years
  • I sometimes use my real name, but if OR/AS follows the same battle and trading system that X&Y did, then I'll probably name my character something cooler.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I am most certainly going to be Alexial. It's the name I've always played as and the name I will continue to play as so long as I identify with it. :) After so long it would just feel wrong not to, you know?

Years
  • I usually name my characters after fictional characters I like, after names I like, or after my or a friend's RP OCs. This case is no different: at the moment, I plan on naming the fem. protag. Lacey and the male protag. Klavier. Lacey is one of my favorite RP OCs whereas Klavier comes from my favorite prosecutor in the Ace Attorney series. (I also love the name, haha.) Don't think I've used either in any of my Pokemon games; I rarely use the same names for the protags. in any of the Pokemon games I play.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    Well, I made the decision back before the release of X and Y to name my protagonists with names that would, if used in Generation I, always generate glitch Pokemon via the old man glitch.
    Jacrad was the name I used for Y.
    Skylar is going to be the name used for AlphaSapphire. Which has the added bonus of mixing in with the environment aspect of the game. (My fanon for now is that the protagonist is leader of a team called Team Strata that seeks to free Rayquaza to stop Teams Aqua and Magma.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I've grown accustomed to the name Tomato Soup, so I'll probably be naming my character that, assuming it fits (which I'm sure it will, seeing as it did in XY).

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    When ever I picked the male, I always used Joey (my real name) and either Kimmy or Summer for the female.

(I'll probably go with Kimmy since I used that name in my sapphire play through)

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • I plan on naming my character the name I always do, and that is 'Kimi'. There's no real significance behind it, other than it being my nickname and such. Most people know me as that name, so I usually keep it the same each time.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Normally I name myself Joe but since I'm playing as a girl first idk. I'll probably think of it when the time comes. Not a lot of thought goes into my name choosing, usually it's a character from a show or an actors name... or my own.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll be playing as a girl and naming myself Alli. I rarely deviate from Alli(son), Sydian, or Jak as far as my name in Pokemon goes.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • For other games, I've used my own name.

But for OR, I'll name myself "Ruby". I named the male character that, and female sapphire back in the originals. Going to stick with this name scheme for the remakes.

Euphoric

Indefatigable
    Years
  • Quil, probably, when I play as a guy. Probably going to go with the defeat if I play as a girl.

Years
  • I'm a little bored of using my real name (Brendan), so I'll just end up picking whatever the default name is for the male character in ORAS. Now if only I knew what that's going to be...

Back