• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime of Your Childhood

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    As a child, what are some anime that you remember watching? How well did you enjoy them? How often would you find yourself watching these anime? What would be some of your favorite characters and moments? What about least favorite? Do you still watch this anime? If not, then how come?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I know this is pretty lame and unoriginal but I really only watched the Pokemon anime as a child. I remember this one time one of my dad's friends came over and saw that my sister and I were watching Pokemon on the TV and he gave us a bunch of DVDs of season 1. It was awesome :3

I don't watch it anymore just because I don't really find it entertaining. This is kind of a given because I'm not the targeted audience anymore, but it still makes me sad. ;;

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
    One of the anime I would watch religiously was Tenchi Muyo. I don't exactly remember WHICH Tench Muyo it was... Of course, Pokemon was an anime I kept up with as well.

DBZ and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo were other anime I had fond memories of. All of these were Toonami shows, though. ;P

Years
    One of my first favorite anime that I remember crying over when I was a kid. (Around '97 I believe) was Blue Blink.

The summary might disarm you that its a kids show, but damn, that ending seriously was too much for my 5 year old heart.

Scandalice

now known as Sukyandaru
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2015
    When I was younger, I think it was just Pokemon, Digimon, Hamtaro, Beyblade and maybe Yu-Gi-Oh GX. I probably also watched some Studio Ghibli movies like Totoro :)

I usually just watched them when they aired on TV, but I have Pokemon/Hamtaro/Beyblade on DVD.

Kano Shuuya

→ you're here, aren't you?
    Years
    Within the same handful of years, I got into Pokemon, Detective Conan, Digimon, and Sailor Moon. DBZ followed, but that to me is more of my tween years. So I'd say the anime that defined my childhood years were the first few, mainly Pokemon.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Pokemon, Digimon are given...
    But my childhood also had some Shaman King and Oban Star Racers.

I did not know that they were anime when I watched them, though.

I started knowing anime a bit with YGO GX, Captain Tsubasa and Full Metal Panic.
    I consider those 3 as my childhood anime as well.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Cardcaptor Sakura, Dragon Ball Z, The Legend of Zorro. Three anime that bring back sweet memories of my awesomesauce childhood. I loved all of them to death. And surprisingly, CCS has aged quite well. Even DBZ, considering the time it was made. I'm gonna rewatch all three sometime in the next few months.

kuzronk

Banned
    Years
    Most of the anime I saw as a kid was on cheez or toasted tv like pokemon,digimon and one piece. I also saw most of Ponyo when I was 11 or so.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jul 14, 2021
    Pokemon, Digimon, Doraemon, Dragon Ball Z, Captain Tsubasa, and quite a few others which I can't remember the titles.

I always knew that they were Japanese made, but I didn't knew that they were called anime then.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    A few I watched were Sailor Moon, DBZ, Yu-Yu-Hakusho, and Pokemon. I know I really liked DBZ, Sailor Moon, and Pokemon because I used to have coloring books and manga for Sailor Moon and DBZ and then Pokemon made me fall in love with Charmander. All I really remember from Yu-Yu-Hakusho was that my parents didn't want me to watch it but when I did I felt like such a rebel and felt really cool and I remember that he shot something out of his finger but I never really understood it....I need to rewatch all of these. I already rewatched all of the DBZ series and I'm starting to revisit Pokemon.

Years
    Before knowing what anime was, the ones I can remember being a big part of my childhood included: Pokemon, Digimon, Dragonball Z, and Sailormoon. Being the child I was, I would actually look up to many of the characters in those series, especially Sailormoon; followed along with those transformations and all that good stuff :3 And after that, Inuyasha was my favourite, but now that I think back, that was an especially repetitive anime \:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    Captain Tsubasa! <3 One of my early obsessions. I loved it to death. Dunno how I forgot about it. :b

Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2016
    Original Pokemon series, Dragon Ball, Doraemon and Crayon Shin Chan XD oh also Digimon... those accurately describe my childhood ^w^

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    I mostly read manga when I was a kid. It wasn't until my teen years that I started watching anime. The manga of my childhood was Rurouni Kenshin, Mushi-shi, Fruits Basket, .hack//Legend of the Twilight, and Red River. The only anime I watched back then were Sailor Moon and Dragon Ball. We rarely had cable back then so...yea xD

Last edited:
    Back