• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Anyone found a shiny yet?

Years
  • How many of you have found a shiny/shinies yet? Was it an unexpected encounter, or did you work towards getting it? If not, are you looking or planning to look for one? Let us know!!

Years
  • I haven't found any yet. I tired catching a Growlith a bunch of times in a row like 50 at least but no shinies. Apparently you have to fight at least 500 of them too and that seems like it would take months at least so probably nobody yet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2019
    I got three shiny, two I work hard for while the third was unexpected.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I found myself nodding off and in the middle of a battle the other night. I stared at the wild Pokemon for a good, long while to make sure it wasn't shiny. Hopefully I don't knock out the first one I encounter due to sleep-playing again lol

Years
  • What does it take to find a shiny Pokemon? From what I've seen factors are like: catch 30 of that Pokemon in a row, fight it 500 times in game, and complete the two-game-wide Pokedex which is virtually impossible for anyone who didn't buy the double-pack since there is a double-pack only specific Pokemon. But I've done all of this so far with a handful of Pokemon and I've gone through the story 4 different times, never seen a shiny so far.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2019
    What does it take to find a shiny Pokemon? From what I've seen factors are like: catch 30 of that Pokemon in a row, fight it 500 times in game, and complete the two-game-wide Pokedex which is virtually impossible for anyone who didn't buy the double-pack since there is a double-pack only specific Pokemon. But I've done all of this so far with a handful of Pokemon and I've gone through the story 4 different times, never seen a shiny so far.

The first time I caught a shiny was after 245 battles and the second one I caught was over 350 battles

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2022
    Ran into a shiny Grimmsnarl in the Wild Area which was really cool, the colors are inverted which looks amazing. This was before I got the shiny charm too so it was pretty lucky.

After completing the dex though I got to work on breeding a shiny Indeedee. I love both the gender designs, but the female is just too cute, I prob would've stopped had I gotten her first, but I happened to hatch a male shiny first, so I had to keep going haha. Took me around 120 eggs for the first, and probably upwards of 1000 for the second (I stopped counting lol), but now I have a cute shiny couple lol

Anyone found a shiny yet?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I'd been hunting for a Shiny Snom, but accidentally stumbled into the wrong route after a quick trip to the clothing store and saw a spot of rippling water. Figuring it might be a new Pokémon, I decided to fish and ended up landing a Shiny Wishiwashi! Adamant nature too, so she's pretty good with Aqua Tail.

After a week of hunting, I finally found my Shiny Snom a few days ago and now she's a gorgeous, green-hued Frosmoth! I've already got her EV-trained, Hyper trained, and Modest minted. I caught her in my favorite Poké Ball, the Friend Ball.

I loves me some moths and Ice-types and my favorite color is green, so she's perfect for me. <3

I'm not entirely sure how Shiny odds work this Gen. but, based on Serebii's chart, I assume that random encounter Shinies are considered full-odds (1/4096) as long as you've defeated/caught under 50 of that species, aren't chaining, and don't have the Shiny Charm. I'm hoping this is the case since I prefer hunting full-odds Shinies.

Also, SWSH have apparently introduced a rarer variety of Shiny. These share the same color as normal Shinies, but they exhibit a flashier sparkle animation. However, due to a fluke in the coding, this "rare" animation is actually more common when finding Shinies outside Max Raid Battles and hatching.

I'm currently trying for a male Shiny Espurr.

Last edited:
    Years
  • A few days ago I came home from work, fired up my switch and went to the Wild Area. First encounter was a shiny Corsola! I love him.

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I was just breeding Unovian Yamasks to get one with good IVs, and out of nowhere I hatched a shiny. It was only the 4th Egg I hatched as well, and at full odds.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I haven't yet, and although I initially planned to save shiny hunting until I got the charm, I'm at the tedious part of dex completion (friendship evolutions and version exclusives) that I'm thinking of getting started tonight. The top of my list right now is Snom, and since I was lucky enough to get a foreign Ditto on surprise trade, I'm thinking of Masuda method-ing for Grookey!

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I have gotten a shiny Rollycolly that I've already fully evolved and just caught a shiny Rookidee.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Hatched a shiny Meowth the day the game came out, and captured a shiny Bunnelby in the Wild Area earlier today. Both were hatched/caught at random (i.e., not specifically shiny hunting.)

Back