• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anyone found a shiny yet?

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Been hunting Sinistea all day. Got an antique one on my second catch so have been shiny hunting and checking for the mark. Like that you can check without encountering it now.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Finally hatched a shiny Eevee on Christmas! Been trying to do this for several generations. Jolly nature in a Friend (Xmas) Ball :)

Attachments

• Tinsel.jpg
      Tinsel.jpg
      80 KB · Views: 8
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Yesterday I went to a Qwilfish outbreak, found the shiny pretty quick. Seems like shinyrates are higher in water outbreaks then regular ones. Always get the shiny very quick. Later I got shiny Wattrel in an outbreak. Probably checked over 1,000 Sinistea without one. Wattrel completed my first full box of shinies.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Nada, I didn't find any. I'm one of the worst shiny 'mons hunters the Pokémon world will ever know, as usual.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Was at a Shuppet outbreak when I discovered it only spawns at night. And there was a huge abundance of Oricorio spawning in that area so I switched targets and found a shiny Oricorio.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Finally caught a Tadbulb from an outbreak! I even did it risky by making the shiny sandwich first so I could get more to spawn. I could have made a smaller encounter power sandwich first, but ain't nobody got time for that!

Going to evolve her into a Bellibolt asap. I normally don't evolve shinies, but I wanted this one specifically as a Bellibolt. Named Biribiri after an anime character I like (Misaka from A Certain Scientific Railgun, since she likes frogs and has electric powers).

EDIT: Even used the Level Ball since the mark looks like the same one on the Bellibolt :D

Attachments

• Biribiri.jpg
      Biribiri.jpg
      104.1 KB · Views: 4

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I FINALLY found a Shiny Pokemon. It was a full odds Cufant I found when I was working on the Pokedex and training pokemon to evolve. While I love elephants, I'm not a big fan of the Cufant line. And the gold coloring in SV is much more dull than the gold in SWSH. But a shiny is a shiny.

I think this is also my very first Gen 8 Shiny. I did catch a shiny in Gen 8, but it was a Gen 7 pokemon.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Since Oricorio I have found

2 Azurill from an outbreak
    Dratini from an outbreak
    Tadbulb from an outbreak
    Venomoth from an outbreak
    2 Shuppet from an outbreak
    Autumn Deerling randomly while hunting in the Socarrat Trail

Years
  • I've gotten 5 while playing through the game:
    Spoiler:

First one was the Yungoos in the area between Mesagoza and Artazon, second the Lokix in the hills near the Psychic Gym, 3rd is Sneasel followed by Snover about 15 minutes later while exploring Glaseado Mountain =D
    And finally Golduck as I was exploring Area Zero.

Actually kinda proud of that Snover spot as it was completely by itself and I was in explore mode and while passing it by I just kinda went 'wait... is that blue instead green?'

I've gone to several outbreaks, but none of them have yielded anything. Might need a Sparkling Power sandwhich I guess. I haven't gotten any Herba Mystica from raids yet.

Attachments

• 325903547_1154452735442798_7380129075578083880_n.jpg
      325903547_1154452735442798_7380129075578083880_n.jpg
      99.4 KB · Views: 154
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Since Deerling I found

Tatsugiri, Larvitar, Mudbray, Forrestress, Finizen x2, Dondozo, Basculin, Psyduck, Bronzong, Stonjourner, Kilowattrel and Amoonguss in outbreaks

As well as Igglybuff, Slowpoke, Wugtrio, Cacnea, Capsikid and Bramlin by going to their normal spawning locations, using encounter sandwiches and knocking out 60.

In addition I found Flittle, Magikarp, Capsikid, Pineco, Sudowoodo and Heracross full odds randomly while hunting other Pokemon.

Should note I'm hunting Toedscool and Cruel and now have found three random shinies during the hunt for it.

Back