• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
Years
  • Plug ins

To everybody who visited the plug ins section and completely shot me down, I would like to appologize for my resoponse and the bad idea. I was trying to make all these average games better. Theres just too many, and alot of people don't have teams of people to help them. Sorry again and I hope to help each other soon. Esspecialy to Luka, I appologize, your the sh... best. LOL

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • Alright, hopefully I'll get an answer to this: :D

So I was in the middle of programming the first rival battle of my game Pokemon Helio Version, when this happened.

Needless to say, I wasnt very surprised because the system is built for 3rd gen graphics. So I enlarged the box and moved the Selene sprite to the bottom to see if that solved it.

So it helped. But I tried it again for a few more pixels, but it wouldnt go any further. This leads me to believe that there is a script which keeps the trainer image box bottom at a certain height on the battle screen. Would there be a way for me to edit this to make the trainer go lower?

Years
  • I've got another question (what a surprise...). I can't seem to find on Wiki or in notes instructions for making trainer battle during event (I mean to call some script to start specific trainer battle). I also need to allow player to lose the battle.
    I've tried just making conditional branch with script:
    Code:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::PkMn Trainer_Alice,"Alice",_I("Excellent."),false,0,true)
    But some error pops up. I guess I don't even have to post it, because probally I did everything wrong :(

Exorc

pokemon.exorc.com
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2011
    Where exactly is your player starting? I mean, where did you put the starting point for the player?

In Pallet Town where Red starts the game, in front of the NES. I decided to put it there to playtest the game, as a temporary point until I add my custom region.

Last edited:

venom12

Pokemon Crystal Rain Relased
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    So i got problem when my pokemon using attack uproar i got this error.

Exception: NoMethodError
    PokeBattle_MoveEffects:2406:in `pbEffect'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1632:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1631:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1631:in `pbUseMove'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1935:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1934:in `logonerr'
    PokeBattle_Battler:1934:in `pbProcessTurn'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2908:in `pbAttackPhase'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2907:in `each'
    PokeBattle_Battle:2907:in `pbAttackPhase'

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2013
    HELP ASAP

CAN ANYONE HELP ME?

WERE CREATING A POKEMON GAME?

HOW CAN I ADD A RUNNING SPRITE?

HOW CAN I ADD A SURFING SPRITE?

HOW CAN I ADD A BIKING SPRITE?

AND HOW CAN I RESIZE IT?

PLS> I REALLY NEED THIS?

T^T

Years
  • Please...

Exception: Errno::EINVAL
    SpriteWindow:732:in `chdir'
    SpriteWindow:732:in `initialize'
    SpriteWindow:201:in `new'
    SpriteWindow:201:in `initialize'
    SpriteWindow:2911:in `new'
    SpriteWindow:2911:in `initialize'
    SpriteWindow:3740:in `initialize'
    PokemonLoad: 13 :in `new'
    PokemonLoad: 13 :in `pbStartScene'
    PokemonLoad:265:in `pbStartLoadScreen'

Please,,, help me..
    I don't know this error message.. please...

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I've got another question (what a surprise...). I can't seem to find on Wiki or in notes instructions for making trainer battle during event (I mean to call some script to start specific trainer battle). I also need to allow player to lose the battle.
    I've tried just making conditional branch with script:
    Code:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::PkMn Trainer_Alice,"Alice",_I("Excellent."),false,0,true)
    But some error pops up. I guess I don't even have to post it, because probally I did everything wrong :(
    How could you possibly guess that? You don't think that maybe, just maybe, the error messages serve a purpose in actually stating what the error is, thus allowing you (or whoever you've roped into doing your work for you) to fix it?

Your error occurred because of the space in the trainer type (the "PkMn Trainer"). Don't use spaces, and make sure it looks exactly the same as it does in trainers.txt.

This ignores the fact that there are instructions for how to make a player continue even after losing a battle, and that all trainer battles are caused by a script in an event.

ashthebest10

Creator of Pocket Monsters
    Years
  • Thank you.
    How to created a animated trainer in battle, for example, a leader?

Check out the Pokemon Essentials Wiki and look under battle. It's a guide by Luka. it works great for animating the pokemon.
    Check out the Merry christmas thread by Luka for how to make an animated trainer.

Last edited:

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
    Yes

WERE CREATING A POKEMON GAME?
    Erm...What? Uh, use Pokemon Essentials, a starter kit for RPG Maker XP.

HOW CAN I ADD A RUNNING SPRITE?
    Use the editor that comes with essentials.

HOW CAN I ADD A SURFING SPRITE?

HOW CAN I ADD A BIKING SPRITE?

AND HOW CAN I RESIZE IT?
    Resize images by using....
    Paint. ._.

PLS> I REALLY NEED THIS?
    ...that's not really a question... is it? x_X

T^T
    (>^(>T~T)>

Obviously, my answers to your predicaments are in red. o.o

On a side note, I just realized text inside of quote tags aren't counted as part of the message. It makes sense now that I think about it, but it never even crossed my mind until now. o.o

oh, and @jm0904: Just were you trying to do that caused an error message like that? I've never seen anything like that before. x_X

Colbex

Cobalt Black Creator
    Years
  • so... you were playtesting a blank file... what? ._. I'm soorry, I can't figure out what you're trying to say. could you post screenshots of what you were doing during/prior to the error? x.x

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2010
    help

Hey, im new here and im sorry if this have been posted before, but i been using Pokemon essentials, but when ever i try playing the game i usually get cut off by this message:

---------------------------
    Pokemon Essentials
    Exception: NoMethodError

PokemonUtilities:289:in `getRoughLatLon'

PokemonUtilities:386:in `getLatLong'

PokemonUtilities:586:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `each'

PokemonUtilities:584:in `getToneInternal'

PokemonUtilities:353:in `getTone'

PokemonUtilities:2095:in `pbDayNightTint'

Sprite_Character:124:in `update_or'

PerspectiveTilemap:408:in `shadow_update'

Shadow:179:in `update'

This exception was logged in ./errorlog.txt.

Press Ctrl+C to copy this message to the clipboard.
    OK

anyone know what im suppose to do?

Years
  • How could you possibly guess that? You don't think that maybe, just maybe, the error messages serve a purpose in actually stating what the error is, thus allowing you (or whoever you've roped into doing your work for you) to fix it?

Your error occurred because of the space in the trainer type (the "PkMn Trainer"). Don't use spaces, and make sure it looks exactly the same as it does in trainers.txt.

This ignores the fact that there are instructions for how to make a player continue even after losing a battle, and that all trainer battles are caused by a script in an event.
    Well I know there are instructions how to make player continue even ater losing the battle but they are designed to be placed in normal trainer event, and I wasn't shure if I can use them in making trainer battle by calling script in other event. Anyway, I got another error.

Spoiler:

I used conditional branch with script:
    Code:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Female_Alice,"Alice",_I("Excellent."),false,0,true)
    I'm shure everything now looks like in trainers file, and I've also tried using script without "_Female".

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
  • I swear people just don't make an effort to click the report button instead of mini-modding :)

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    On a side note, I just realized text inside of quote tags aren't counted as part of the message. It makes sense now that I think about it, but it never even crossed my mind until now. o.o
    That's a pet hate of mine. Quote boxes are for what the quoted person said. The rest of your post is for what you want to say. It's just polite to not put your words in other people's mouths, y'know?

Well I know there are instructions how to make player continue even ater losing the battle but they are designed to be placed in normal trainer event, and I wasn't shure if I can use them in making trainer battle by calling script in other event. Anyway, I got another error.

Spoiler:

I used conditional branch with script:
    Code:
    pbTrainerBattle(PBTrainers::PkMnTRAINER_Female_Alice,"Alice",_I("Excellent."),false,0,true)
    I'm shure everything now looks like in trainers file, and I've also tried using script without "_Female".
    If you're certain that the trainer type "PkMnTRAINER_Female_Alice" exists in trainers.txt, and that the trainer "Alice" has been defined in trainernames.txt as having this class (check the spelling here too), then the only think I can suggest is that you haven't recompiled the game after making those changes.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back