• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Pokemon Essentials: Starter Kit for RPG Maker XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    I want to use Battlebg15, playerbase15 and enemybase15 and the metadata shows this:
    Code:
    [007]
    # Route 1
    BattleBack="15"
    Bicycle=true
    MapPosition=1,6,5
    Outdoor=true
    EscapePoint=11,9,9
    ShowArea=true
    I'm still getting a black background though, and the same goes for the trainerbattles.
    Lose the quote marks around the 15. The reason you're getting no background with what you currently have is because the game is looking for files called battlebg"15".png, etc. Just use the following:

Code:
    BattleBack=15
    I think that you're done right, have you compiled? Open the editor or start the game while holding ctrl.
    ------------------------------
    The 3rd April 2010 version I think that is the most stable version, but AWAYs had the Multibattle glitch (different that Wiki says) and a Waterfall glitch.
    This version had also new bugs like fill Box glitch (I fond how to fix), battle music glitch (I fond how to fix) and a reposition (on editor) glitch.
    This version has a bit less lag that later version, but more that 2009 versions or is my computer?
    Would it be too much to ask that you make a list of these glitches and describe them as much as possible, so they can be documented? You may not have noticed, but part of the wiki's remit is to provide fixes for glitches, and to do that people need to offer more information than "multibattle glitch" (which could mean anything). It helps, y'know?

You can PM me whatever information you have, and I'll look into them. Thanks.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
    Years
  • Lose the quote marks around the 15. The reason you're getting no background with what you currently have is because the game is looking for files called battlebg"15".png, etc. Just use the following:

Code:
    BattleBack=15
    Would it be too much to ask that you make a list of these glitches and describe them as much as possible, so they can be documented? You may not have noticed, but part of the wiki's remit is to provide fixes for glitches, and to do that people need to offer more information than "multibattle glitch" (which could mean anything). It helps, y'know?

It works, thank you.
    It looks great right now :D

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday

Fine. I put the errors below.
    I not sure about versions.

Multibattle Glitch
    Versions: April 2010 and later
    How activate: When 2 Trainer see you at same time and a Multi Battle Start. The Double Battle don't have this glitch.
    Effect: In a Multi Battle if have four pokémon, only one be able to attack. If have three, only two able to attack.
    How fix: Unknown

Waterfall Glitch
    Versions:All
    How activate: Use Waterfall outside of battle
    Effect: Error message and close game:
    Code:
    Script 'PokemonHiddenMoves' line 334: ArgumentError occurred.
    wrong number of arguments(2 for 0)
    How fix: Unknown (but I didn't think that be hard)

Battle Music Glitch
    Versions: April 2010
    How activate: Enter in a battle (wild or trainer)
    Effect: The battle music Starts in middle and when battle ends, the next battle continues playing the music in point that the last battle stopped.
    How fix:
    Try erasing the Audio.dll (it messes with the MIDIs, which is what a lot of the music in the kit is). If that doesn't fix it (it may leave the intro MIDI playing into the battle until finished) then find
    Code:
    trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
    and change it to
    Code:
    Audio.me_fade(2500)
    trainer=pbLoadTrainer(trainerid,trainername,trainerparty)
    pbWait(20)
    Audio.me_stop
    Audio.bgm_stop
    That will hopefully take care of it.

Fill Box Glitch
    Versions: April 2010
    How activate: Use "Fill Box" in Debug
    Code:
    Script 'PokemonDebug' line 361: NameError occurred.
    uninitialized constant PokemonBox::MAXPOKEMON
    How fix:
    I have the April 3rd not the April 13th version of Essentials so I hope there aren't any big changes between the two.
    The error seems to orginate form the section PokemonDebug in the definition pbDebugMenu under the part of an "else if" statement that says:
    Code:
     elsif cmd=="fillboxes"
    After you find that. A couple lines down should be:
    Code:
    $PokemonStorage[(i-1)/PokemonBox::MAXPOKEMON,(i-1)%PokemonBox::MAXPOKEMON]=pkmn
    However, PokemonBox::MAXPOKEMON is no longer a valid constant. Looking at other places that the constant was replaced yielded this line of code:
    Code:
    $PokemonStorage[(i-1)/$PokemonStorage.maxPokemon($PokemonStorage.currentBox),(i-1)%$PokemonStorage.maxPokemon($PokemonStorage.currentBox)]=pkmn
    This seemed to make fillboxes work for me. However, I'm not that experienced at ruby coding would someone see if this is a possible fix.
    It works fine now, however; on MultipleForms you have to comment out Shellos and Gastrodon. I'm not sure if it's because I haven't identified any maps for the two Pokémon to evolve at or FillBoxes can't process the getting of the game map. It's probably the first one though.

Reposition Glitch
    Versions: 3rd April 2010
    How activate: In external editor choose "Reposition Sprites"
    Code:
    Exception: NoMethodError

Message: undefined method `form' for #<PokeBattle_Pokemon:0x3999488>

PokemonUtilities:1168:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmapSpecies'

PokemonUtilities:1154:in `pbLoadPokemonBitmap'

PokemonSprite:22:in `setPokemonBitmap'

PokemonSpritePos:151:in `pbChangeSpecies'

PokemonSpritePos:187:in `pbSpecies'

PokemonSpritePos:181:in `loop'

PokemonSpritePos:201:in `pbSpecies'

PokemonSpritePos:307:in `pbStart'

PokemonSpritePos:306:in `loop'

PokemonSpritePos:314:in `pbStart'
    How fix: Unknown, but you can use the later version and copy/past the pokemon.txt , since this command only edit the pokemon.txt

For me, all versions had lag, the 2009 had almost none lag, the April 2010 had considerable lag, and the May 2010 had too much!
    And this isn't really a error, but the 3th April 2010 release don't come with a notes.html or advanced.html, only broken shortcuts.

Last edited:

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • For some reason when I use pbAddPokemon, then go to a pokemon wild battle the battle scene takes too long to load then autosaves, and exits, but let say i use pbCreatePokemon, I can go into a wild battle w/o crashing.
    (Yes, I capitalized, and etc the player gets the pokemon... But if I go to a wild battle that is the problem.)

This, and can someone help me fix another error, for some reason when there is a sprite near map connection, and you move to the next map, the sprite that was close to the map connection in the previous map gets dragged.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2011
    Battle Problems

Hello! So I've stumbled upon this annoying problem.. When I battle pokémon in the grass after having created encounters for the map I find myself the only one able to attack. The enemy simply stands there and takes it without even getting a turn! What is wrong?

This problem was not there when I first tried the game on the premade maps from the test area.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • $29,90 at official online store

i think is somewhat this script, I use Cut for example.

Original:
    Code:
    def Kernel.pbCut
     if $DEBUG || $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT]
       name=CUT
       movefinder=Kernel.pbCheckMove(:name)
       if $DEBUG || movefinder
        Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down!\1"))
        if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Would you like to cut it?"))
          speciesname=!movefinder ? $Trainer.name : movefinder.name
          Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used Cut!",speciesname))
          pbHiddenMoveAnimation(movefinder)
          return true
        end
       else
        Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down."))
       end
     else
     end
     return false
    end
    Mod:
    Code:
    def Kernel.pbCut
     array=[]
     array=[CUT,SLASH,LEAFBLADE]#insert moves here
     if $DEBUG || $Trainer.badges[BADGEFORCUT]
       cont=0
       While(true)
         movefinder=Kernel.pbCheckMove(:array[cont])
         if $DEBUG || movefinder
          Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("This tree looks like it can be cut down!\1"))
          if Kernel.pbConfirmMessage(_INTL("Would you like to cut it?"))
            speciesname=!movefinder ? $Trainer.name : movefinder.name
            Kernel.pbMessage(_INTL("{1} used Cut!",speciesname))
            pbHiddenMoveAnimation(movefinder)
            break
            return true
          end
         else
           cont=cont+1
           if (cont==array.size)
             break
           end
         end
       end
     else
     end
     return false
    end

Well, first off, that script has multiple errors in it.
    Second off, that's not what I was pointing out. I was trying to get the retrieved moves name to display in the textbox, for example "BULBASAUR used LEAF BLADE!" instead of cut.

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • Well, first off, that script has multiple errors in it.
    Second off, that's not what I was pointing out. I was trying to get the retrieved moves name to display in the textbox, for example "BULBASAUR used LEAF BLADE!" instead of cut.

Try using elsif,
    For example:
    elsif LEAFBLADE == True or w.e
    # do what u need to do here
    end

Years
  • Exception: NameError

Message: undefined local variable or method `oldsprites' for #<PokeBattle_Scene:0x9a5c510>

PokeBattle_ActualScene:2052:in `pbItemMenu'

PokeBattle_Battle:2369:in `pbItemMenu'

PokeBattle_Battle:2439:in `pbCommandPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2400:in `loop'

PokeBattle_Battle:2455:in `pbCommandPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:2389:in `each'

PokeBattle_Battle:2389:in `pbCommandPhase'

PokeBattle_Battle:724:in `pbStartBattleCore'

PokeBattle_Battle:723:in `logonerr'

PokeBattle_Battle:723:in `pbStartBattleCore'

This exception was logged in errorlog.txt.
    Can someone plz help me with this error?. I tried by myself but nothing.

me2hack

Graphics Artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2011
    Can someone plz help me with this error?. I tried by myself but nothing.
    Seems you defined a local variable that doesn't exist within the class.
    Have you made any edits to the script?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    For some reason when I use pbAddPokemon, then go to a pokemon wild battle the battle scene takes too long to load then autosaves, and exits, but let say i use pbCreatePokemon, I can go into a wild battle w/o crashing.
    (Yes, I capitalized, and etc the player gets the pokemon... But if I go to a wild battle that is the problem.)
    strange, it should be working. Maybe
    its the pokémon that your add, or the wild pokémon), try to pick the Mew at Test Map and using it on this grass. If this won't work maybe its some modification that you shoud have put.

Hello! So I've stumbled upon this annoying problem.. When I battle pokémon in the grass after having created encounters for the map I find myself the only one able to attack. The enemy simply stands there and takes it without even getting a turn! What is wrong?

This problem was not there when I first tried the game on the premade maps from the test area.
    Its only occurs in multi-battle for me (not to be confused with double battles). Can you give more details?

Well, first off, that script has multiple errors in it.
    I made it quick only to your pick the idea and I just forgot this part (ironically the most important), sorry.

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • When I tag water as a surfable tile, it allows it so you can walk on the water and surf, even if you don't ahve the ability to surf.

How can I make it so this doesn't happen? So that it's surfable, but you're not able to surf on it just yet/walk on it.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    When I tag water as a surfable tile, it allows it so you can walk on the water and surf, even if you don't ahve the ability to surf.

How can I make it so this doesn't happen? So that it's surfable, but you're not able to surf on it just yet/walk on it.
    Poccil Notes said:
    I can use a hidden move even without a Pokemon able to do so!

This likely happened while you were playtesting a game. This is intentional. It happens only when you run the game from RPG Maker™ XP. It won't happen when you run the game normally. Please see Playtesting Functions for more information.
    Also, see if you don't put other tiles passable in others layers.

Curt200718

Intermediate Game Developer
    Years
  • Hey guys, long time no see...lol

I recently began working a little on my pokemon project again..

I dont know any RGSS scripting at this time but I had a question..

Does anyone have the code so when you encounter a wild pokemon you already own it will show a small pokeball icon under the pokemons name...the same as in fire red and leaf green...

I attempted myself but unsuccessful...

i imagine the PokeBattle_ActualScene script needs to be edited ?..around line 500..

Anyway help would be awesome...I saw Poccils website is down :(

Hopefully he can get it back up soon and continue updating the system :)

Thanks everyone

zingzags

PokemonGDX creator
    Years
  • Hey guys, long time no see...lol

Does anyone have the code so when you encounter a wild pokemon you already own it will show a small pokeball icon under the pokemons name...the same as in fire red and leaf green...

i imagine the PokeBattle_ActualScene script needs to be edited ?..around line 500..

Thanks everyone

Well welcome back, and umm do u have the icon in ure pictures folder?

andrvitor

Pok�mon Black!!!AIradeAsh
    Years
    • Age 43
    • Seen Aug 22, 2018
    thanks for post this, i search in alll pages i dont see

KitsuneKouta

狐 康太
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2017
    Hey guys, long time no see...lol

Thanks everyone
    Maruno posted a fix to that a LONG time ago. I guess you weren't kidding when you said "long time no see." Anyways, it was added to the wiki to make it easier to find. Look under the Data box section on that page. And Poccils site has been down for a long time (I'm assuming he didn't get enough donations yet).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back