• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larsie13

IF you're using Fire Red or leaf green, I'd assume you used setflag 0x800, somewhere in the script. Just change it to setflag 0x828.

I tried it, but now it doesn't give me the Pokédex at all. And I also tried the jingle command, but that doesn't work either. Do you have to enter that before or after the givepokemon command? (Yes, I use FireRed)

Derlo

Tired....
    Years
  • I tried it, but now it doesn't give me the Pokédex at all. And I also tried the jingle command, but that doesn't work either. Do you have to enter that before or after the givepokemon command? (Yes, I use FireRed)

the pokedex is: 0x829

and the JINGLE don"t work in FR...
    Try
    fanfare 0x13E
    waitfanfare
    ----------------------------------------
    Some questions:

-> How to put the symbol of the money in a normal message? (in FR)
    -> Is there some command to just move MINISPRIT to count the script (similar to the one of the PLAYER 0xFF)?
    -> Can anybody say if he/she has as adding new MINIS in the rom FR? (I only found to insert in RS)

That is everything, Bye!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Some questions:

-> How to put the symbol of the money in a normal message? (in FR)
    -> Is there some command to just move MINISPRIT to count the script (similar to the one of the PLAYER 0xFF)?
    -> Can anybody say if he/she has as adding new MINIS in the rom FR? (I only found to insert in RS)

That is everything, Bye!

Code:
    #org $1
    message $msg
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org $msg
    $1 1 = \hB7Hi.
    Just use \hB7 in the message.

I don't understand what you're asking in the second question.

And the third question, what does that have to do with scripting? And I haven't tried it, but wouldn't it be the same. There aren't too many differences between ruby and FR.

Years
  • Does anybody know why my script doesnt go further after I used a warp command? Here is my script.
    Spoiler:

Didnt put in the moves yet.

Derlo

Tired....
    Years
  • Does anybody know why my script doesnt go further after I used a warp command? Here is my script.
    Spoiler:

Didnt put in the moves yet.

it is that the after the command warp the script doesn't work!!
    you have to do a level script in the next map to continue the movements after you to enter in him!!

PS: Excuse the spelling!
    I am translating of the Portuguese for English with a translator XD!

Last edited:

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I have a question that's been bothering me for a while...

I want to know, how can I make a custom message when a player receives an item?

I'll explain this a little more.
    When you input the "giveitem" command in a script it automatically comes out something like this:

[PLAYER] found a [ITEM]!

[PLAYER] put the [ITEM] in the ____ section.

Well I want to know how I can give the player an item without the default text above coming out and customize it something like:

[PLAYER] got a [ITEM] from the boy!

[PLAYER] put the [ITEM] in the ____ section.
    I saw this done on certain hacks, I'm just wondering how this is done.

Also second question - (I think this goes with the one above.)

How do I make make a message, put a fanfare in it and once the fanfare is finished the message goes on/closes (depending on the situation) and fades back into the original background music. An example from the FR game:

[PLAYER] gave OAK the parcel!

*plays fanfare

*once fanfare is finished the message continues itself

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    help

can some one help me make a script that is like the script in firered where bill takes you to island one.

Swampert 22

Is making tools for you...
    Years
  • can some one help me make a script that is like the script in firered where bill takes you to island one.

Basically, all you need to do is have what every you want in the script movements text or whatever, then use the warp command. It's explained really simply in the Documents and Tutorials thread!

loratus

Rom hacker
    Years
  • Can someone help me, i want to know how i can make it that way that if i have 3 events and i do 1 of the events the 2 other events arent possible anymore, like choosing your starter, that if you pick 1 ball you cant take the other 2.

greets loratus

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
  • Can someone help me, i want to know how i can make it that way that if i have 3 events and i do 1 of the events the 2 other events arent possible anymore, like choosing your starter, that if you pick 1 ball you cant take the other 2.

greets loratus

EIther set the events to the same flags, or on every one, put
    if B_true goto $no

Then $no will just say "you already picked one"

Years
  • Thanks for that, but if i make it like that how do i make sure every poke ball has a other pokemon

greets loratus

Do something like this....
    Don't worry about the grammer, I just wrote it quickly.
    Pokemon 1
    Spoiler:
    Pokemon 2
    Spoiler:
    Pokemon 3
    Spoiler:
    The checkflag 0x828 will check if you already have a pokemon.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • I'm having trouble with signpost scripts,
    I use boxset 3 but only two of them actually work for some reason ;l.
    I think they are different from a normal script?

Could someone show me one?

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
  • But for a signpost, it should pop up when you walk to it, and it should have a black and gray text box.
    I want to know how to make it appear.

Years
  • Hej, I need some help by my script... I can't make it work, Because after the first tranier battle, The it just stop? How can i make it as i keep going to the end? I did try use the "Futhere" Thing from follumps tuturiel...
    Spoiler:

Years
  • I'm having trouble with signpost scripts,
    I use boxset 3 but only two of them actually work for some reason ;l.
    I think they are different from a normal script?

Could someone show me one?

I use boxset 3 sometimes, but it really doesn't matter. Boxset 3 and 6 do the same things.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the black box only appear depending on something in the map (Header View). You'd have to look at the header view's to see the differences, between indoor and outdoor maps.

Hej, I need some help by my script... I can't make it work, Because after the first tranier battle, The it just stop? How can i make it as i keep going to the end? I did try use the "Futhere" Thing from follumps tuturiel...
    Spoiler:
    Just use the [code}{/code] button. The php code colours can be pretty annoying.

I changed it slightly. The third pointer isn't a message. It'll point to another part of the script. Look at the script and you'll see what I did.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back