• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Archive] Script help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrace

@tion
Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    thanks, but when I try to compile it it says "run-time error '457' this key is already associaated with an element of the collection, This has happened before with some (not all) of the other scripts I tried to compile. any answers?
    Try this:
    Code:
    #org $Wildbattle
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 0xa1 5
    message $Pikachucry
    boxset 6
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 goto $Wildbattle
    release
    end

[B]#org $Pikachucry
    $Pikachucry 1 = Pikachu: Pika Pii![/B]

#org $Wildbattle
    lock
    wildbattle 25 25 0
    release
    setflag 0x508
    fadescreen 0
    end

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Try this:
    Code:
    #org $Wildbattle
    lock
    faceplayer
    cry 0xa1 5
    message $Pikachucry
    boxset 6
    checkflag 0x828
    if 0x1 goto $Wildbattle
    release
    end

[B]#org $Pikachucry[/B]
    [B]$Pikachucry 1 = Pikachu: Pika Pii![/B]

#org $Wildbattle
    lock
    wildbattle 25 25 0
    release
    setflag 0x508
    fadescreen 0
    end

Same outcome, It's a visual basic problem I think.

EDIT: I did some research and know it's not visual basic no.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I need a few scripts for my hack and I will credit you in my hack.

1. Oak is at the lab already and Gary is not there.
    2. A person stops you leaving Pallet Town if you have not recieved a Pokémon from oak.
    3. A person later in the game gives you a certain Pokémon depending on the starter you chose.
    4. Add more trades.

So if someone could kindly make one or two of these for me can please make it for me and I will credit you in my upcoming hack which I will keep making and not give up.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I need a few scripts for my hack and I will credit you in my hack.

1. Oak is at the lab already and Gary is not there.
    2. A person stops you leaving Pallet Town if you have not recieved a Pokémon from oak.
    3. A person later in the game gives you a certain Pokémon depending on the starter you chose.
    4. Add more trades.

So if someone could kindly make one or two of these for me can please make it for me and I will credit you in my upcoming hack which I will keep making and not give up.

Ahem *coughcough*

Attention Customers:

WE DO NOT MAKE SCRIPTS FOR ANYONE IN THIS THREAD, READ THE RULES ON THE FIRST PAGE PLEASE.

Thank you, that is all, have a good day.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • machomuu - change the name of your 2nd offset. they both can't be Wildbattle.

:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O!!!!!! That may be the key to unlocking wild battles!!!!!
    EDIT: I have Good news and Bad news
    The Good news is that Pikachu actually talks to me now
    The Bad news is that he doesn't say "Pika Pi", he says... I forgot, bu it's a text glitch that keeps repeating, I did change the second offset from wildbattle, to wild and I'm using the latest script hayabusa gave me.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Since the old team rocket event script didn't go well, I decided to make another...

Spoiler:

Now, before I compile it, which Flags do I use, and what do I do to Person event #12 and #13?

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Hey

i have just a little question, in my pokemon ruby rom i tried to use the raw 0x75, the showpokepic command, BUT always when i try it in the rom, the colors of the pokemon in the box are wrong, why?

Years
  • Hey

i have just a little question, in my pokemon ruby rom i tried to use the raw 0x75, the showpokepic command, BUT always when i try it in the rom, the colors of the pokemon in the box are wrong, why?

Try using a clean rom and try again, I think it may be the pokemon sprite thats messed up.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Sadly, it then says that =____ isn't a keyword and the script can't compile.
    Try this:
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x6B46BC

#org @start
    checkflag 0x200
    if b_true goto @end
    message @1
    boxset 6
    givepokemon 25 5 0 0 0 0
    message @2
    boxset 6
    #raw 0x68
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org @end
    message @3
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Here's a Pokemon.

#org @2
    = You got a Pokemon.

#org @3
    = Have fun.
    Copy and paste that exactly.

Since the old team rocket event script didn't go well, I decided to make another...

Spoiler:

Now, before I compile it, which Flags do I use, and what do I do to Person event #12 and #13?
    It doesn't matter which ones you use as long as they haven't already been used. Its good practice to keep a record of used flags in a document. If you have not used any flags in scripts just start at 200. You only need to use one flag because they will both disappear at the same time.

Years
  • It doesn't matter which ones you use as long as they haven't already been used. Its good practice to keep a record of used flags in a document. If you have not used any flags in scripts just start at 200. You only need to use one flag because they will both disappear at the same time.

Well, I added in the flag, and when the script comiles it's like this:
    Spoiler:

I added another text, buts thats not the point....
    When I step into the spot, It freezes I fixed the freezing, but now theres no movement :(
    I has to do with the flags, I've used 200 before...
    What flag should I use?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Try this:
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x6B46BC

#org @start
    checkflag 0x200
    if b_true goto @end
    message @1
    boxset 6
    givepokemon 25 5 0 0 0 0
    message @2
    boxset 6
    #raw 0x68
    setflag 0x200
    release
    end

#org @end
    message @3
    boxset 6
    release
    end

#org @1
    = Here's a Pokemon.

#org @2
    = You got a Pokemon.

#org @3
    = Have fun.
    Copy and paste that exactly.

Err...yeah it worked. Thanks, what was the issue with mine? Also, does fanfare work on XSE?

Grinner

Smiley Face
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Aug 27, 2009
    Heya all... i have an extention to the my previous question about makeing pokemon dissapear/reapear...

I am still no closer on figureing out how to remove pokemon, if possable but i belive commands such as Checkattack could be used to reconstruct the pokemon to be recoverd later. Thinking about this the BufferPokemon commands lept to mind and i was wondering if you could help me with them, as i have never used them before.

As far as i can tell, the first command (0x7D bufferpokemon) buffers the pokemon spiecies name (atm i am unsure if it can even be used to store the pokemon?) but bufferfirstpokemon has no such discription on XSE, so i was wondering if it will store the nickname of the pokemon, meaning should i find a way to remove the pokemon, i can replace it better.

Also in simple questions someone wanted a vaugly simmiler event to happen and was advised to change the RAM data, looking through the command list in XSE i stumbled apon commands such as Loadpointer and Jumpram, could these be used as storeing pokemon data whole?

Thanks for your time

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    Well, I added in the flag, and when the script comiles it's like this:
    Spoiler:

I added another text, buts thats not the point....
    When I step into the spot, It freezes I fixed the freezing, but now theres no movement :(
    I has to do with the flags, I've used 200 before...
    What flag should I use?
    I've made some changes. There are over 1000 flags you can use. As a rule of thumb anywhere from 200-400 and 1000+ are ok to use.

Err...yeah it worked. Thanks, what was the issue with mine? Also, does fanfare work on XSE?
    You had msgbox= lkagklshdg;lah. You don't need the msgbox. Yes it does.

Heya all... i have an extention to the my previous question about makeing pokemon dissapear/reapear...

I am still no closer on figureing out how to remove pokemon, if possable but i belive commands such as Checkattack could be used to reconstruct the pokemon to be recoverd later. Thinking about this the BufferPokemon commands lept to mind and i was wondering if you could help me with them, as i have never used them before.

As far as i can tell, the first command (0x7D bufferpokemon) buffers the pokemon spiecies name (atm i am unsure if it can even be used to store the pokemon?) but bufferfirstpokemon has no such discription on XSE, so i was wondering if it will store the nickname of the pokemon, meaning should i find a way to remove the pokemon, i can replace it better.

Also in simple questions someone wanted a vaugly simmiler event to happen and was advised to change the RAM data, looking through the command list in XSE i stumbled apon commands such as Loadpointer and Jumpram, could these be used as storeing pokemon data whole?

Thanks for your time
    7D buffers the pokemon name into \h01\h07 (not too sure about that). You have to put which Pokemon's name you want to buffer when you use the command though. bufferfirstpokemon does the same except it buffers the first pokemon in the party.

You could try changing the ram data but first you have to find where the data is located.

Definitely not going to be easy, if you really want to be able to do it you'll have to figure it out yourself.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back