• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
Does anyone know where i could acquire version 1.0 of pokescript? Everywhere i've looked has only 1.2. And It wont compile properly. Without this, I'm doomed to rely on others to put my scripts ingame.

Years
Sorry.... another question.

I have searched for an answer for this both on the forum search and on google, I haven't had any luck (I've seen lots of the same question but no answers).

I need to know how to edit a pokemon's cry so that all my fakemon in the game don't all sound like unown. I'm not too fussed if they have some other pokemon's cry - if creating an original one is not feasable - as long as they don't sound quite as monotonous.

Through searching I noticed people who asked were directed to pokecry, but now that I have it I have no clue how to use it, and again, there doesn't seem to be anything in the searches that help.

I would be very appreciative if anyone could tell me how its done.

Blazichu gave me a possible solution to carry this out but I was unable to figure out how to do it. Quote by Blazichu:

Maybe find the byte of the Pokemon in hex, do a search. The change the byte to the byte you want it to sound like. Could be difficult to find though but worth it.

So... as much as I appreciate the advice I had no clue how to do it and wasn't able to find the required tutorials or help to do so. Is anyone able to elaborate on it, or offer alternative advice?

Thanks.

I still need help with this.

I also have some little questions - of which are mentioned in tutorials, and everyone just assumes you know what they are/how to do them but there aren't actually any explanations as to what they are/how to do them:

- What are pointerswhat does it mean to re-point?
- How do I 'read' the numbers and letters in a hex editor? (I only know how to find empty bytes, and I'm not even all that sure what a byte is despite finding a few vague explanations)
- How do I know what the bytes do/how do I find the correct locations for pokemon/moves/cries in a hex editor, assuming I need to do this?
- Is there any tutorials... anywhere... that offer the basics of what one needs to know in order to hack ROMs? I feel I'm fumbling in the dark, all tutorials I ever find assume you already know the basics.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Amoeba...
There isn't any safe tools to use for changing cries...
Also, I heard you need to hex edit your ROM to edit/add new cries...
Pokecry is the only tool for editing cries, however, if you change one, two POKeMON's cries will be corrupted...

And I can't help you with the hex part...
I'm still learning...

Years
I still need help with this.

I also have some little questions - of which are mentioned in tutorials, and everyone just assumes you know what they are/how to do them but there aren't actually any explanations as to what they are/how to do them:

- What are pointerswhat does it mean to re-point?
- How do I 'read' the numbers and letters in a hex editor? (I only know how to find empty bytes, and I'm not even all that sure what a byte is despite finding a few vague explanations)
- How do I know what the bytes do/how do I find the correct locations for pokemon/moves/cries in a hex editor, assuming I need to do this?
- Is there any tutorials... anywhere... that offer the basics of what one needs to know in order to hack ROMs? I feel I'm fumbling in the dark, all tutorials I ever find assume you already know the basics.

1) Pointers is the hex that tells the game where to look within the rom. It differs from game to game, but I assume you're using the advanced gen Pokemon games. In hex they usually appear like this.
ef cd ab 08.
Which if you were to write it out normally, it would appear 08abcdef. And you would be able to search in your hex editor using the 'goto' function to get to that pointer. (Except you have to cut off the "08" and just use the "abcdef".

2) A byte is just how everything is stored. I'm not too sure how to explain it, but the way I see it is, that the meaning of the byte depends on what is around it.

3) There aren't too many hex editing tutorials anymore. People have just made tools for everything and no-one seems to learn the way to do it in hex anymore. You'd have to figure out the layout of what you're looking for to know what it is. For example, the moveset data appears, [Attack] [level * 2] [attack] [level * 2]... etc. and it just keeps repeating until it hits an FF which marks the end of the moveset.
If you go the tutorial section here, I've written a tutorial on hex editing in DP, most of what's there is set out in the same way in GBA Pokemon games.
There's also some other little hex editing tutorials in the Documents and tutorials section, you just have to look and not use Cheesepeow's reference because it doesn't contain all the tutorials.

4) Like I said above look, and don't just go to Cheesepeow's reference. Also don't limit yourself to just GBA tutorials. Gamefreak didn't change too much between each game, and things in Red/Blue tutorials are still pretty applicable to 3rd gen games.

Hopefully that answers the questions and I didn't just lose the point.

Years
Amoeba...
There isn't any safe tools to use for changing cries...
Also, I heard you need to hex edit your ROM to edit/add new cries...
Pokecry is the only tool for editing cries, however, if you change one, two POKeMON's cries will be corrupted...

And I can't help you with the hex part...
I'm still learning...

Well, thanks for the advice on that one. :)

I guess I'm going to have to learn to hex edit after all, which is a bit disappointing because I've been looking for a table file and tutorials with no luck.

But... can't seriously be that much of a lack of table files and tutorials. The forum search and google haven't helped, I guess my question now is where else could I search?

EDIT: Didn't see thethethethe's reply, just reading it now... Thanks for that, I'll go look at the tutorial now. Will I need a table file for it? I can only find R/S B/R/Y G/S/C ones.

Last edited:

Scyther X

Shadow Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2008
can someone tell me the unlz gba #'s for fire reds trainer backsprites, the guy and the girl

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2008
help plz

hey i need help when ever i try to add new pokemon with out overwriting them the pokemon sprite get messed up

Kawaru

Classic Version Fan
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2009
Thanks for the help thethethe ^_^
The possibilites really are endless @.@

I hope I can pluck up the courage to upload my hack soon, or put something on the scrapbox at least -.-
I get pretty nervous about the net seeing my stuff >.<

Edit: In relation to my last question? Just out of interest how easy is it to adjust the effects of items? I mean lets face it a Premier Balls a waste of an item space ¬.¬

Last edited:

dragonarche

Is back :D
Years
HELP WITH CTCLONE

i need help with cyclone
each time i try to run the program this comes up
Component FM20.DLL or one of its dependencies nou correctly registerd: a file is missing or invaild
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN
PLZ HELP ME

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years
I've looked, and couldn't fight it...

I need the offsets for Prof Birch in ruby, or some other way to change his sprite.

Anyone have a way?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
It's been ages since I've last posted! Don't worry, though, I've just been very, very busy. [/nobody cares]

-ahem-

After many painstaking hours of trail and error, I've-for the most part- finished my title screen for my hack. There's one problem though.

titlescreenof8.png

I don't think I can pass off my fusion hack with the name "RUBY VERSION", huh?

The problem with editing the text is that if I try to edit it even the slightest, it comes out with a white background and screwy colors. I've checked all the Ruby title screen topics, but none of them deal with editing the actual title of a Ruby hack.

Pardon my wall of text, I just really need a good answer. D:

Danno

Years
Hmm, we must've lost posts.

I need to know how to either edit the script already in existance or to delete them in Ruby for the Truck event in the beginning.

ℜªℳ

RAM Corporation |\/| ][ |\/|
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2016
I need to know how to use hexlation or hexworkshop to get rid of the professor oak intro in firered. Can anyone help?

rusticolus

Grass/Flying
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 19, 2023
So it appears my post was deleted. Without explaining why. If I'm mistaken… sorry for this but… that's completely obnoxious of whoever did that. At least PM me if you're going to delete my question without answering it. How immature of you.

So I'll ask again. I'm having trouble opening a script in pokescript.
Once pokescript is doing… what do i do with my fire_red.gba file to open the script in pokescript?
What options do I have to select? Is it the .gba file that I use? Decode? Encode?
Please just take me through the obviously simple process of opening the rom script in pokescript.

If this is to be deleted, PM me. Please.

Danno

Years
Rusticolus, you choose destinination, that's the rom file. I dont think our posts were deleted, because I too posted in this thread last night, and then the site went under maintenance.

for a better tutorial on that, look on youtube. Just search pokescript and you should find some.

Now, I also need to know how to get rid of the mom event with the clock in Ruby.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Sakujo, you'll obviously have to delete the script after you get out from the truck. It can be done in the events section in Advance map. The mom event can also be done in that way.

Danno

Years
Really? That easy? Alright, thanks! I have another problem though.

Code:
#org $GiveDex
lock
faceplayer
setflag 0x800
setflag 0x801
checkflag 0x203
if b_True gosub $Move1
checkflag 0x204
if b_True gosub $Move2
checkflag 0x205
if b_True gosub $Move3
checkflag 0x200
if B_true goto $done
message $Pokedex
$Pokedex 1 = I hope You like your new pokemon.\pWhile your on your journeys 

I have\la favour to ask you.\pProf OAK and I are trying to make an\lindex 

of everything pokemon.\pTake this pokedex with you and it\lwill log all the 

pokemon you see and catch.\pIt would greatly help our studies!
boxset 6
jingle
givepokemon 132 5 0
namepokemon
message $GotDex
$Gotdex 1 = You got the Pokedex!
setflag0x200
boxset 6
end

#org $Move1
applymovement 0xFF $Ball1Move
pausemove 0
return
#org $Move2
applymovement 0xFF $Ball2Move
pausemove 0
return
#org $Move3
applymovement 0xFF $Ball3Move
pausemove 0
return

#org $done
message $person2
boxset 6
release
end

#org $person2
$person2 = How's your POKéDEX?

#org $Ball3Move
#Binary 0x06
#org $Ball2Move
#Binary 0x06
#org $Ball1Move
#Binary 0x06 0x06 0x06 0x01 0xFE

I got this to work in RUBY except for a few things: When you nickname the ditto you get, it ends the text. It also repeats over and over again... so you can keep going back to the person.

I know the text is screwed up, I just need the events to work first.

jigzpokemonhacker

Working something...
Years
If this questions repeated sorry because I CANT READ PAGE 1-186!!!!! -_-

1.How do i change FR worldmap without using Mastermind_X tutorial??

2.What Rom is the best hack FR or Ruby???

3.I add wildbattle on a map the when i battle is done i walk 1 step it appear again
how to fix it????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back