• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Umm.. Sry 4 OT, but how can you change all the texts, also what software do you use?

cause when i try using Advance text it can't change every file...

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • 1: I dunno, sorry...

2: I prefer Ruby now, only because it has a lot of free space and scripts seem to respond better in it.

3: In advance map, click on the map you're on. Then click Wild POKéMON tab, and set the Encounter Ratio to about... 20.

You should be good with that, sorry about not knowing anything about the map...

Now, can someone help me with my script?

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • 1. How do i change FR worldmap without using Mastermind_X tutorial??

2. What Rom is the best hack FR or Ruby???

3. I add wildbattle on a map the when i battle is done i walk 1 step it appear again
    how to fix it????
    To answer these questions a little more effectively, here you are:

1. There is no way to do that. If you want to change the names of where the maps are on the region map, then you can use AdvanceMap 1.90, but there's no way to change how it looks without following Mastermind_X's tutorial.

2. I personally believe that Ruby is the best, because of its very bad graphics, that inspires you to change them. If you can't palette edit or are a novice and can hardly change tiles, then starting with FireRed is the best.

3. Well, this is a pretty easy question to answer: simply change the Encounter Ratio to a lower rate. The original FireRed's Encounter Ratio is originally 20, but I personally like to go a little lower, like 15-18.

Hope that helps. Oh, and sorry Sakujo. :x

tenentenen

Hackin' away
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2009
    I coudn't find an answer to this in Previous posts:

Why is it that when i make stairs and they are identical in movement permissions and i place the warp in the exact same place as it should go, it still doesn't work? (i'm using advance map)

the same thing happens with cave exits.

in both places the warps dont work at all even though i specified a place to go to. you just run into the stairs/exit and you dont go anywhere. Any insight would be noted and apreciated.

Danno

Years
  • Not a problem Esmas.

I cant seem to delete the events from Ruby, but for some odd reason now they arent even occuring. Whatever, cant complain... I still need help with my script though.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • Why is it that when i make stairs and they are identical in movement permissions and i place the warp in the exact same place as it should go, it still doesn't work? (i'm using advance map)

the same thing happens with cave exits.
    Are you sure you set how the tile looks correctly? You might have also changed the Movement Bytes in AdvanceMap, so you might have removed the animation of the tile.

I cant seem to delete the events from Ruby, but for some odd reason now they arent even occuring. Whatever, cant complain... I still need help with my script though.
    You might have just deleted the events in AdvanceMap.

how do you extend a rom i.e make a 16mb rom 32mb for more space..... i need this for a rom hack i am working on
    I'm not sure that what you want to do is possible, as that would make the ROM very unstable, but I'm not much of an expert at ROM sizes and stuff like that, just the inner ROM itself and editing it. Sorry.

rusticolus

Grass/Flying
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 19, 2023
    Rusticolus, you choose destinination, that's the rom file. I dont think our posts were deleted, because I too posted in this thread last night, and then the site went under maintenance.

for a better tutorial on that, look on youtube. Just search pokescript and you should find some.

Now, I also need to know how to get rid of the mom event with the clock in Ruby.

Destination?
    The only options PokeScript gives me under the file menu are: Database, Encode, Decode, Source Decode, Exit.
    What destination?
    I'm honestly so bad at this that I need someone to tell me what buttons to press in the scroll-down menu. The tutorials don't help, because they assume you know how to do that. =P... which is fair. Once I'm looking at code, I'm a pretty good scripter. I'm just retarded at PCs. Please help... further... ahaha...

But at least no one's got a post-deleting vendetta against me. =P

EDIT: (because everyone's got an inexplicable intolerance of double-posting)

Since it wasn't deleted out of mirth and other hateful nouns, I'll repost what was deleted.
    I chronicled my failing. Please explain to me what I'm doing wrong.

Step 1:
    step1.jpg

Step 2:
    step2.jpg

Step 3:
    step3.jpg

Step 4:
    step4.jpg

Step 5:
    step5.jpg

Step 6:
    step6.jpg

Danno

Years
  • Alright Rusticolus, the first ting I noticed is that you opened up the program. First wrong move lol...

You have to make sure your RBC file isnt saved as example.rbc.txt accidentally in notepad. Choose the dropdown that says text and make sure it's at "all files" when you save your script.

NEXT: go to your script, whether its on your desktop or whatever... And right click on it. There should be a "Compile" option. If there isnt, reinstall PkmAdv.exe and there will be. That will bring up your program.

Next, go to file in bufrite, and you should have destination now.

Next, click on the bottom scrip while holding down CTRL, and click the top script. All should be highlighted. Next click the Binoculars, and make sure FF is checked, and hit the Look button (flashlight button)

Choose an offset, such as 800000 for your first script, and make sure reserve isnt checked at the bottom, uncheck it and it will say assign. Click that.

Now it will close the sub-window, and will go back to Bufrite. Go to file and select burn, and it will write to the rom you chose in the Destination option earlier.

Next step is to go into advance map, choose the character you want to use that script, and go under events... just put $8000000 under their script section and save.

Hope that helped!

Now, can someone help me with MY script?

dragonarche

Is back :D
    Years
  • how do i make this script happen only once

#org $begin
    checkflag 0x200
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $lost
    $lost 1 =i wonder where i am
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x200
    release

i placed one of those green squares with the yellow S on one of the map of advance map
    and put in the offset
    and when i play the game and walk over where the script is and it says i wonder where i am
    when i walk over i aginit says the same thing
    how do i make this only happen once

PLIZ HELP!!

Danno

Years
  • That would have to do with checkflags and setflags, which I too am currently having a problem with...

Sorry...

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Wrong thread to post.
    post your script questions in the Script Workshop in the Scrapbox.

Danno

Years
  • Thanks, that makes perfect sense ^^

I'm good though, I got to help a few people here while waiting for a response.

ON THE THE SCRAPBOX!

jigzpokemonhacker

Working something...
    Years
  • To answer these questions a little more effectively, here you are:

1. There is no way to do that. If you
    on the region map, then you can use AdvanceMap 1.90, but there's no way to change how it looks without following Mastermind_X's tutorial.

2. I personally believe that Ruby is the best, because of its very bad graphics, that inspires you to change them. If you can't palette edit or are a novice and can hardly change tiles, then starting with FireRed is the best.

3. Well, this is a pretty easy question to answer: simply change the Encounter Ratio to a lower rate. The original FireRed's Encounter Ratio is originally 20, but I personally like to go a little lower, like 15-18.

Hope that helps. Oh, and sorry Sakujo. :x

1.ok
    2.do you know where can i find ROM BASES except Green charizard rombases in PHO
    3. sorry its not the Encounter Ratio
    EX: i copy LUGIA Scripts in FR i put in another map example in pallet town
    then after i battle it the sprite is done then i walk 1 step its reappear....

-----------------------------
    Sorry for my bad english in my first question...

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    how do i make this script happen only once

#org $begin
    checkflag 0x200
    lock
    faceplayer
    message $lost
    $lost 1 =i wonder where i am
    boxset 6
    setflag 0x200
    release

i placed one of those green squares with the yellow S on one of the map of advance map
    and put in the offset
    and when i play the game and walk over where the script is and it says i wonder where i am
    when i walk over i aginit says the same thing
    how do i make this only happen once

PLIZ HELP!!

I bet this has been answered, and I think I asked it before.
    How do you put pokemon diamond pkmn into a gba game?

Check out the following tutorial:
    http://pho.xpt.net/index.php?showtopic=1274

1.ok
    2.do you know where can i find ROM BASES except Green charizard rombases in PHO
    3. sorry its not the Encounter Ratio
    EX: i copy LUGIA Scripts in FR i put in another map example in pallet town
    then after i battle it the sprite is done then i walk 1 step its reappear....

-----------------------------
    Sorry for my bad english in my first question...

Try phcompnay for the rom base. You need to set a flag whose number is assigned as the people ID for the Lugia.

Now onto my question. On a particular route in my hack when you finish a trainerbattle the OW of the trainer you just defeated turns in to black and white lines, and you lose control of the hero who just stands there and you are only able to move in a square around the hero. It is a FireRed rom.

Lupe

isn't she cute...
    Years
  • does someone know where the text(letters and numbers)
    are in tile layer pro(fire red)
    and also where some of the tile animations are(doors and flowers)

Last edited:

rusticolus

Grass/Flying
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 19, 2023
    Alright Rusticolus, the first ting I noticed is that you opened up the program. First wrong move lol...

You have to make sure your RBC file isnt saved as example.rbc.txt accidentally in notepad. Choose the dropdown that says text and make sure it's at "all files" when you save your script.

NEXT: go to your script, whether its on your desktop or whatever... And right click on it. There should be a "Compile" option. If there isnt, reinstall PkmAdv.exe and there will be. That will bring up your program.

Wait... rbc file?

I'm getting the impression I should have a script already, before I even begin to USE pokescript.

All I want is to be able to look at and change the coding that makes up the fire red rom directly, without necessarily using tools like advance mart. Is PokeScript the way to do that? Or is it just Hex...
    If it IS PokeScript, where do I FIRST access that script? I bolded the part I'm referring to: I don't HAVE any script yet, that's what I'm trying to do, I'm trying to access the fire red script.

Thanks for your prolonged help though, Sakujo

Danno

Years
  • Erm, I wouldnt know how to do it in Pkescript, but Hex seems to be the better way to go....

I suck at hex though.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back