• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you a boy or a girl?

Years
  • I have always enjoyed using female equal or more than male characters whether it is fighting, rpg, or racing games.

With that being said, I have beaten every game (since crystal) with both the boy and girl protagonist. I will beat this game with both, but for my first run I am intend to select the black female character. The reason being, this is the first time we can play as a black character, which is a long overdue feature (Nintendo and GF have a history of exclusion), and the bright and pastelly beach clothing will look more beautiful on darker skin to provide contrast.

I am also hoping the return of hair-styling comes back...not a fan of the default hair at all for the female protagonist (I do like the male character's hair). Further, I would like to see more innovative hair styles (undercuts, wavy vs straight, ect) and colors (blue, purple, red, green) would be nice to have as well.

Romaov

Orra
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2016
    The male has the same boring design he's had since 5th gen. So I'm just going to main a girl for the first time with these games. I'm getting both anyway, I just hope customization really is back, I really don't like that weird hat on the girl.

LilBueno

Boy Wonder
    Years
  • If the unchosen gender is in the game -like a rival- and they wear their initial hat through the whole game -unlike XY-, I will pick the girl just so I don't have to see that ugly hat when battling my rival.

d

I only use the male character, regardless of the designs. The male playing character could be a one-eyed hunchback, and I would still play the game as him.

Years
  • I'm a girl, a very girly girl. So I will most definitely choose the female character. ♥ Can't see myself ever playing as a male, only really ever do that for challenge playthroughs in gen III games when I don't feel like playing as May.

shellysunfish

Hoenn and cat Pokemon fangirl
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2019
    I'm female and always play as the female trainer (when the option is available).

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
  • Customization is definitely allowed based on both the japanese trailer and color differences in shirts and pants in the trailer, but since I'm getting both sun and moon I am going to be a girl in one and a guy in the other, because the girl will probably have a lot of better customization options.

Magistrum

☆The Fakemon Magister☆
    Years
  • I've always played as a female character since Crystal. If I'm gonna play something and stare at the screen for hours, I might as well have a girl in it.

Back