• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you going to college?

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    I want to but I don't know how exactly I'm going to afford it, or even what to major in. I just know that I definitely want to because I want to continue schooling. I know a lot of people can't wait to get out of school but I feel like my life is going to be boring once it's all over, like I'll have too much time in my day and I won't know what to do with it.

So I'm going to start looking into financial aid and see how that applies to me, and I'll have to start looking at careers as well.

As for questions..

Are you going to college, or are you already in college? Why?

If you chose not to go, why?

What is your major?

You can also explain what your major is about, who knows maybe it could be helpful for me. :cheeky:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    I'm sure I'll be going to college one day. I haven't even quite planned out my future completely yet, but it's something I'm figuring out. With that being said, I don't know what I'm going to major in.

Years
    I'm going to university (the equivalent of America's college) this year starting in early March to work towards a journalism degree.

The cost isn't really an issue, from what I've seen university costs a lot less over here than college does in America (similar to how house prices over here are like $500,000 for what you'd get for $80,000 in America (random numbers but there's a big price difference)). That, and if you're an Australian citizen (which most students are), you loan the money from the government and don't have to pay interest on the loan. They don't even make you start paying it back until you're earning over $45,000 a year. So yeah, it's a lot easier to reach university over here than it is to reach college in America from what I've seen.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Yes. Because I have to. But mainly because I wanted to be in the Marching Southerners.

What is your major?
    Undeclared, but I'll be changing to Elementary Education in the fall.

Years
    I graduated college already. I feel old now. :| I kept switching between history and literature as my major and since some of my classes counted for either I could pretty much pick either as my major by the time I graduated so I ended up as a lit major with a history minor.

Literature and history are the kinds of majors you pick when you're not that great at math and science, don't have enough artistic talent for an art or music major, and don't want to go with one of those majors that half of everyone at your school picks like sociology or psychology. (Honestly, if I'd been more on top of things I'd have picked linguistics as my major because I think it's terribly interesting.) So basically like with all the liberal arts you do a lot of reading and lot of writing about what you read with the aim of understanding some aspect of human culture, being able to organize and analyze information and ideas, and learning good (written) language and communication skills.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2011
    I'm starting my second year in university in march (i live in argentina) and well i'm doing it because i want to and besides if you dont go to college and get a degree you are no one here and you wouldnt be able to get out of the country. I'm studying for my degree in international commerce =D

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
    Yes I am currently attending Community College for my basics. Specifcally why I am attending community college is because it is cheaper then state and private colleges. And it is close by. Why I am attending school, is too find a job other then minimum wage jobs. At the moment I am looking too be a History and maybe a Geography teacher.

What is your major?

History

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I'm finishing up my final (4th) year at College for my degree program.

I'm taking a "Bachelor of Applied Arts and Animation" which includes both 2D and 3D classical animation, concept art, design, layout painting, storyboarding, etc.
    Basically the works of the art side of the animation and gaming entertainment industry.

I'll be graduating in 2 months and it's scary to think I'll be lauching into my career so soon (at the age of 21)

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I'm finishing up my second year of college this year :) I'm currently debating my major, once I finish both intro classes I'll know. I'm torn between clinical lab sciences and computer science. I'm loving bio and then taking programming this summer.

I like too many things D:

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I'm in my first year of university right now. :) I'm looking to do French studies and hopefully land a job as a French teacher. If I can, I also want to do a minor in linguistics or international studies.

Fire Heart

Reject Revolving Door
    Years

Yes when i leave school, i want to follow in my cousins footsteps and make my family proud.

What is your major?

Child care and Education, i would like to be a teacher so i would need to take this course.

Years
    I was originally supposed to start last Autumn, but because of a couple of different circumstances, I wasn't able to go. Most likely I'll start this year so I can work on my degree.

What is your major?
    To start off it's going to be General Business, but I'll probably branch off into either Accounting or Marketing, depending on what I enjoy more.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    If you're here in our country and you don't go to college, you better as well end up as a janitor. Most of the jobs here in our country needs at least 1 year of college education. That means that I have to go to college because I'm obliged to do so.

As for my major, I haven't really decided yet. I was thinking of Culinary, but my parents want me to take Business Management. Oh decisions, decisions.

Years
    Are you going to college University, or are you already in college University? Why?
    Yes. Because I want to actually have a decent job when I graduate. I am actually already at University and in my final year now. Hard work! ><

What is your major?
    The degree I am studying is Games Technology. No, it is not as easy as it sounds. Just to prove it, at the start of the 1st year, there werte 90 of us.
    End of the first year, 60 because 10 failed and 20 dropped out.
    End of second year, 40 of us. 15 failed and 5 dropped out.
    Now there are 37 of us, but I think some more have dropped out.

Hard course is hard.​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I'm already in College. Taking my first two years at the College near my house for my Associates, then I'll be moving on to get my Bachelors, and eventually my Master's. I'm here because I want to be, and there's no other way for me to be what I want to be unless I come here, haha.

What is your major?
    Currently it's Environmental Studies. I need to look at Universities though and figure out which major will lead me to my goal, which is Meteorology.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I'm definitely going to college. There's just some obstacles I need to overcome, but I will make it.

What is your major?
    Anything computer related. Maybe a minor in biology or chemistry. :3

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Yes, I am attending a University. Although I entered in Fall 2010, I am considered a Sophomore. I wanted to attend because I consider myself dead if I only have a high school education. Costs would be an issue; however, I have scholarships.

What is your major?
    Accounting. I was undecided for a few months because I really like Psychology and Biology.

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Feb 6, 2015
    I want to. As long can make sure I keep my grades up.
    I should have no problem getting into a decent university

What is your major?
    most likely It'll be art related but we'll see

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
    I'm not in college, but I am in 6th form. Which is kind of the equivalent of it.

What is your major?
    Art, Animation or computer based stuff. Anything along those lines.

Back