• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you Pure?

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
  • With many talk about cloning and Pokesave, are there still people out there who haven't and will not use any cheating methods?(I may consider RNG Abuse during past gen, but It takes more effort than most other cheating methods, so I won't count it.)

I'm a pure...maybe. The last time I used cheats was with my Diamond and Pearl using R4 and had built-in cheats. I've already stopped and haven't done any cheating as I consider it as a losing the fun in finding things yourself.

EDIT: Many, not any. It took a long time for me to find that DX . Previous message: "With any talk about..."

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hmm... yup, probably am pure. I do own a set of PowerSaves, but haven't used it for any form of cheating. Did back-up my old save file so that I could start a new one, but you can't really consider that cheating, because, well, haven't cloned any of my Pokémon with it, nor did I use this device to alter their stats and such. XD;;

Last edited:

AZ Jr

There is a fine line between fishing and just stan
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 9, 2014
    Never have, hopefully never will. Knowing me though, I probably will in the future.

Years
  • I'm pure. The closest I've done to cheating is mew glitch in Crystal and soft resetting lol.

I dont know, I like to have stuff I get legit way, whether in real life or in Pokemon games. (I say Pokemon cos, lol, codes all over The Sims and GTA IV xD ).
    I might cheat some day, but have no plans to do it right now :D

SamStyle

Mega Bidoof
    Years
  • i cheated to get mew legit as odd as it sounds.
    because i'm not japanese and couldn't get access to the event in emerald any other way. caught it legit no masterball etc.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Am I pure? Nope, I'm a dirty little ♥♥♥♥♥ lol.

Hacked (using an Action Replay) several Arceuses, Shaymins, and Darkrais (including the items needed to get the in-game ones) on my Pearl, as well as a few other legendaries (like a Lugia). Hacked in a 6IV Regigigas and Heatran on my Soul Silver. Also used the AR to modify some of my Pokémon's IVs, natures, and abilities on my White. Had a guy Pokegen a few pokes for me a couple of years ago on my White. Used my AR to give myself 999 of each berry in my Black 2. I think I've hacked in some other stuff too, but I don't remember what it was. Way back in the day I also used a GameShark on my Yellow for 999 Rare Candies and Master Balls and a Celebi and Mew on my Silver. I also hacked Recover into my Yellow version's Pikachu's moveset. And I have nothing against owning cloned or hacked Pokémon.

So as you can see, I lost my Pokémon hacking virginity a long time ago. But don't worry, I don't use any of the hacked Pokes in online battles or trade them off (except for those few Pokegen'd ones because they are legal). So you won't catch any PokeSTDs from me.

Years
  • Never used any kind of cheats in this game... Yet. Still I got myself Shiny Japanese 6IV Ditto in trade, so that might count as a little cheat, considering that someohe could just Pokegen it.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • I never cheated. I don't get why I would, it takes a part of the fun away. I would rather be proud to have achieved it without using cheats. :3
    And another fact is that I would be too lazy to look up cheats and how to use them and yadiya. Besides there's a chance you could lose your Pokémon file when you do, good luck to starting over again when that happens.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm a pure right now, yes. Before that, I cheated in Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold and SoulSilver to get extra TMs and Master Balls.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2022
    I'm a reformed cheater. I mainly cheated in items and berries to cut time spent grinding, but I stopped after I cheated in a load of rare candies because I saved in the middle of an E4 challenge on Heartgold.

Years
  • I never cheat unless I need to hack in a Pokemon for a specific challenge or something because it's unobtainable. However, I did cheat in Silver to duplicate Pokemon and it just made everything not that fun. It really made me never want to do it for Pokemon again, so I don't.

However, Parahax on a Togekiss might as well be considered cheating.

UB3R_N00B

I am UB3R_N00B! Watch me fail!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2014
    Never cheated in ANY game, though in blue I did use the missingno bug and the mew bug though that isnt cheating in my book.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    Cheating is a no-go for us but we don't think we are 100% pure anymore. We did extensive research on recreating legitimate-like Pokemon in order to recognize hacks more easily but it made us a bit paranoid about other people trying to slip us hacks, considering how difficult it is to make a legit-looking one and not just a legal knockoff that passes the loose checks.

Just as a note, we don't consider abusing the PRNG or using emulators to be cheating. Cloning is a bit of a grey area for us but since we are able to produce a multitude of the same Pokemon via RNG in rapid succession anyway cloning a legit Pokemon may also not count.

Blueredemption

Never stop exploring!
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Oct 16, 2023
    I guess you could call me pure.

I used an action replay on my Platinum and ruined it :/ so since then i have not hacked or whatever. I will admit that I do have cloned pokemon, but seeing that i got them through trade i don't consider myself "not pure".

Last edited:

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • When I found out about PokeGen in the 5th gen, I used it on and off. At first, I thought it was awesome and I used it all the time, but time went on and I stayed away from it completely. Eventually, I decided that it was okay to use it because it was impossible to get the pokemon I needed otherwise, and unlike most other people, I still trained a lot of my pokemon.

When X/Y came around, I became a breeder because I thought it was fantastic how easy it was to get the desired IVs and nature this time around. Because of easy it was, I no longer used PokeGen or respected anyone who did. Eventually, though, I needed to breed a Rotom for one of my new teams, and I realized that the only way I could get a 5 IV Rotom was with a 6 IV Ditto. I didn't feel like searching for one for trade, so I got one myself, and that was the first time I broke my purity on X. I didn't think it was bad, though, considering it's impossible it breed Dittos.

And now people are using it more than ever, and I was faced with a really tough decision. I realized I breeding way more than I was battling. Someone on YouTube made a good point in saying that if you don't want to waste your time breeding and you're only doing it for your enjoyment in battling, then do it. So a few days ago, I started using it again. I only have a month left to use it anyway, so why not make the most of it? I don't feel guilty, but I also respect those who still are "pure".

Edit: I also cloned long before I went back to PokeGen/Pokedit in X. If there's an exploitable glitch, that's a fault on GF's part, and we have the right to take advantage of it. Plus, cloned pokemon aren't hacked- they're the same exact things as the original.

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2016
    I consider myself a pure player. I don't like to RNG/clone/hack Pokemon. Although I pray that all my Pokemon I've obtained are pure. Wonder trade and Global trading makes me wonder. I would rather breed my Pokemon than use a Pokemon that I've received from Wonder Trade.

Back