• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you serious?

Years
  • What bothers me most is suddenly we can ride our bikes into the tall grass.. That wasn't possible in the previous games and it annoys me..

Apparently it was a change implemented in 6th Gen as a whole, not just OR/AS. I never tried riding the bicycle into tall grass but I imagine how weird it looks. Kinda defeats the purpose it originally served... which was blocking bicycles in the first place.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • #1. I knew the cave to give the letter to Steve by heart. Sadly, they changed it into an easy stroll to get to Steve.

#2. Mauville confuses the heck out of me.

[Haven't continues yet, so I'll take the time to add some other points later.]

ΩRαS

Creepin' up in Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2015
    Since I refrained from knowing anything about these games until I got to experience it for myself, my 'WTF?' moments so far are..

• Mauville City - When I arrived I was amazed with how drastic this was changed and also confused getting around (still have that problem).
    • That either Latios or Latias just join your team rather than having to battle them.
    • That my Rival May (Brendan) hasn't been a challenge at all so far, her Pokémon are always below mine even when I haven't used the Exp. Share since turning it off in Rustboro City!

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I battled Brendan with his pokes being 2 or 3 more level than me and he was still not that hard.

Years
  • I battled Brendan with his pokes being 2 or 3 more level than me and he was still not that hard.

Oh just wait until the end of the game (which is my annoying moment):

Spoiler:

That's the one part of the game that I just wanted to beat my head in over.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • #2 Ash collecting

OH GOD I JUST WANT THEM GLASS FURNITURE AND HOW LONG MUST I WALK THROUGH THE ASH JUST TO OBTAIN THEM?!

Plus the originals makes the amount quite clear, it's pretty much randomized right now. :/

I finally know how the ORAS mechanics work.

Walking/cycling on grass does NOT collect any ash! You have to go through the stacks on the ground (the piles where some ninjas are hiding) to collect ash. Each stack will give you about 5 -20 grams.

It's silly to be honest. I prefer the original mechanics a lot more.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I finally know how the ORAS mechanics work.

Walking/cycling on grass does NOT collect any ash! You have to go through the stacks on the ground (the piles where some ninjas are hiding) to collect ash. Each stack will give you about 5 grams.

It's silly to be honest. I prefer the original mechanics a lot more.

The new ash mechanics downright suck. I liked just simply walking through the grass in the original games because you collected ash much faster that way. Seriously Game Freak did you really have to make it harder to collect now?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Are you serious?

I am underwater, someone explain to me how my Torkoal isn't dead.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    At least thay give you an oxygen supply, but... what about a Charmander? It supposedly dies if the flame puts out. The trick house is worse than before or does it have a second part?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I finally know how the ORAS mechanics work.

I actually figured that out when I obtained the Soot Sack. It's the randomized amount that boggles me. I just want to get my old glass furnitures back, but the new mechanic immediately made me go WTF. ._.

Oh right, another thing: Sure I understand since they're models, but the paintings after beating the master rank contests are too lackluster. I was throughly disappointed when I saw one for the first time. :|

Darth Arceus

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I couldn't seem to find that one kid who makes the ashes-eyelashes pun on Route 113.

Edit: I guess I haven't been to the new Route 113 enough; he's between the secret base spot and the glass maker's house. He used to be below and to the left of the house, shortly before the tilled fields.

Last edited:
    Years
  • You can't pick words from a list anymore for things and can type in whatever you want. One of my great joys was coming up with ridiculous things based on the word lists. People might think that more customization is better but I preferred it the old way. :(

Oh wow, I totally forgot to mention that.

I did in a previous thread, but it does stink that we can't have as many different kinds of funny phrases *cough BIG SERVICE cough* anymore. =(

Years
  • One thing that made me go WTF was among the classes of trainers you can battle, there are no longer any female triathletes.

Yeah it's weird, but we also reverted back to Psychics being male-only this generation as well. In fact, Hex Maniacs are now viewed as the female equivalent to Psychics if X/Y was anything to go by.

Years
  • It was the start of the game, it shows the old ruby/sapphire with the professor introducing you to the world of pokemon, i was like WTF did i get ripped off or something? did someone give me a old game in a 3ds cartridge? lol

Back