• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you serious?

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    I did in a previous thread, but it does stink that we can't have as many different kinds of funny phrases *cough BIG SERVICE cough* anymore. =(

My WTF reaction when it suddenly switched to the bag is amazing.

I can't type out "PRETTY BOY" anymore. :<

Years
    For me, it's making Pokeblocks. I spent a lot of time in the contests in the originals. Watering it down like that kinda turned me off.

Also what about the overabundance of legendaries? Legendaries are suppose to be special and challenging to catch, not normalized and easy to catch. I didn't mind about the free Latias on Southern Island though. Remember the time they gave away a level 100 Arceus on the Wi-Fi Mystery gift feature (which I still have)? I considered it like that.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Having Latios/Latias simply join your team rather than you having to battle and catch them really ticked me off.

BUT I have to say I'm loving the Gym Leaders -- Flannery and Norman crushed me multiple times - they have seriously been a challenge.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    Contests as a whole have me going "serious?" tbh. No limit to feeding PokéBlocks, they're made automatically now, and once Master rank is unlocked, it's unlocked for all of your Pokémon. Like, what is even the point of making it this easy. I have like 3 Pokémon with a Contest Star (beat all 5 Master Rank categories) ribbon, or on their way to earning one... :\

Also the way that you collect soot is kinda wtf, I used to go through so many Max Repels going back and forth on that volcanic ash route, now they're just random piles spread across the route? Pretty lame...

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
    Having Latios/Latias simply join your team rather than you having to battle and catch them really ticked me off.

That actually made me happy.

I'm kind of ticked off that Altaria and Dusclops aren't available in the wild and you have to evolve their previous forms to get them. I used to love searching the Sky Pillar for Altaria.

Years
    Mine would be seriously underestimating the Elite 4 on the second run. I remember easily wiping the floor with them on the original using Rayquaza and a few others. I didn't expect them to be on a level playing field this time. I only wanted Deoxys! Haha, another one was probably to be expected; after 35 or so tries, I finally caught Deoxys with a quick ball.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    The fact that I'm unable to slice and dice the grasses in Hoenn nowadays. That's weird, considering I was able to do such when I was playing the original RSE.

Years
    Oh right, another thing: Sure I understand since they're models, but the paintings after beating the master rank contests are too lackluster. I was throughly disappointed when I saw one for the first time. :|

This is one of the problems with Pokemon going fully 3D. The Master Rank Contest winner paintings aren't as pretty as they used to be. Such a letdown especially when compared to the original versions, where I had a prized Roselia who looked so beautiful (well she did win the Master Rank Beauty Contest hahahaha) on that rainbow background.

The fact that I'm unable to slice and dice the grasses in Hoenn nowadays. That's weird, considering I was able to do such when I was playing the original RSE.

I really enjoyed cutting the grass down since it gave us another reason to use Cut other than on small bushes, but then this feature got removed in 4th Gen and never returned since. Now I know that I'm definitely not going to be enjoying the now 5 routes with the tall grass (Routes 118-121 and 123, along with the Safari Zone) because a lot of the tall grass is bunched together at once (Route 119 being the worst offender here, 120 does come close though) and it'll be very hard to see where you're going because in 6th Gen it looks like the grass is fully concealing you.

Game Freak should not have removed this feature in the first place back in the days of Diamond & Pearl.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I was surprised by the new Granite Cave. I thought you had to traverse through the deeper parts of the cave to get to Steven, just like in RSE. But instead, it turned out that you could reach Steven almost instantly after defeating Brawly, and you couldn't get in the deeper parts until you got a bike.

Xela

Do you believe in yourself?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2024
    The new Granite Cave was a shocker to me. I was fully prepared and everything to go through a dark cavern and face trainers, only to meet up with a simple walk to the cave painting. Kinda disappointed, to be honest.

The other thing that made me go "WTF" was how they renovated Mauville City. I was so confused on where to go and I was stuck there for an hour or so. I really do not have the best navigation skills.

Oh and the last thing that I was disappointed with was the removal of the Berry Blender. I was hoping we'd be able to do that with friends online. :c

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    This is one of the problems with Pokemon going fully 3D. The Master Rank Contest winner paintings aren't as pretty as they used to be. Such a letdown especially when compared to the original versions, where I had a prized Roselia who looked so beautiful (well she did win the Master Rank Beauty Contest hahahaha) on that rainbow background.

I really enjoyed cutting the grass down since it gave us another reason to use Cut other than on small bushes, but then this feature got removed in 4th Gen and never returned since. Now I know that I'm definitely not going to be enjoying the now 5 routes with the tall grass (Routes 118-121 and 123, along with the Safari Zone) because a lot of the tall grass is bunched together at once (Route 119 being the worst offender here, 120 does come close though) and it'll be very hard to see where you're going because in 6th Gen it looks like the grass is fully concealing you.

Game Freak should not have removed this feature in the first place back in the days of Diamond & Pearl.
    I'd wager the removal of grass-cutting is because LoZ complained of features in the 4th gen games and onwards. The Pokeradar was around in DPPt, we had shaking grass spots in 5th gen (you'd have to code something extra if you tried cutting grass when Audino's dancing about in it), and XY had the Pokeradar again. And ORAS had the DexNav as well.
    I was surprised by the new Granite Cave. I thought you had to traverse through the deeper parts of the cave to get to Steven, just like in RSE. But instead, it turned out that you could reach Steven almost instantly after defeating Brawly, and you couldn't get in the deeper parts until you got a bike.
    Agreed, and already posted as such elsewhere. At least you can go back later and explore it, but I wanted the challenge of the place, and catch an Aron and Sableye earlier than that too.

Didn't like Wally's forced teleportation after beating the 5th gym; I wanted to use Surf in Petalburg for those items, darn it! Still needing rock smash to go north of Mauville is annoying, your rival is still too happy and present-giving for my liking thus far, and I miss the berry mixing minigame. =(

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Small pet peeve

But why is shiny Sharpedo's surfing model a regular coloured one? It's jarring as hell. My shark is specifically purple, Game Freak.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years

Hika stop editting your post I got 3 notifications for it haha.

Those paintings are one of the reasons I keep replaying the same contest with the same Pokemon in hopes of getting them displayed in the museum.

Now they're just models slapped on a background.

GF, you have that art from the Pokedex. Use that instead. ._.

Years
    Small pet peeve

But why is shiny Sharpedo's surfing model a regular coloured one? It's jarring as hell. My shark is specifically purple, Game Freak.

And we had a similar thing happen with shiny Lapras in X/Y... it never showed up as shiny in the overworld. I guess they didn't want to waste more space by doing a simple recolor of the model.

Tsutarja

When I first arrived at Mauville City, I was flabbergasted. I kinda wish they kept it the way it was from RSE, but I like it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    THE BERRY BLENDER. Wow I didn't even remember it until now. That is really disappointing, I wanted to play with my brother ;_; Maybe they removed it because they didn't just want to make it a local-only thing, and maybe making it a wifi-connection activity would be too difficult? Not entirely sure. I guess we'll just have to use our older RSE copies to blend berries together ;;

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    one: don't like how some TMs are in RANDOMIZED MIRAGE ISLAND! GRRR! WTF! I can accept that some Pokemon and some rare iteam like Exlixer and PP ups are in Mirage Island but WHY TMS! AND WHY IMPORTANT TMS LIKE POISON JAB/FLASH CANNON BE IN MIRAGE ISLAND! WHY! GRRR!

Back