• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Are you serious?

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    Just really random, but I'm currently trying to get Mr. Gates, my sableye, to win all the master rank contests. I'm starting with Clever contest first and noticed that even if Mr. Gates has never entered the Cuteness Contest, all ranks were available. So, for the fun of it, I selected the Cuteness contest fully expecting the lady to tell me that I need to win the contests before entering the Master Rank.

I was surprised when she told me my entry was accepted.

Even more so, when I won with not a single cute move on Mr. Gates.

Mr. Gates and I am really confused as to how this happened, but, hey, a ribbon is a ribbon.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
    They made Liza and Tate like little kids now... In the original games they looked much older (in fact their old artwork reflects them as teens), but just now I saw them buying toys in Lilycove. Seriously?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    They made Liza and Tate like little kids now... In the original games they looked much older (in fact their old artwork reflects them as teens), but just now I saw them buying toys in Lilycove. Seriously?
    They looked like kids to me in R/S. Funny thing is that they do look like they could be teens in the anime.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Not really in-game but...
    Q:Why wasn't the Battle Frontier in the remakes?
    A:This question is connected with my previous answer. We didn't put the BF in ORAS for this very reason.
    Interviewer's note: In short he means that they didn't include the BF because only a very small part of the players would have fully appreciated and made use of this feature; nowadays players get bored and frustrated more easily and they aren't interested in things that are so demanding/challenging.
    https://www.pokemonmillennium.net/a...sita-su-pokemon-rubino-omega-e-zaffiro-alpha/

Are you serious Game Freak?

Are you ****ting me?

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    Ok 3 more since i am farther in the storyline
    Granite caves mural i mean in the originals i was like there has to be more to this place its gotta be significant well apparently GF thought so too.
    Were is the berry blender?!?!? Why no berry blender i dont want an automatic i wanna play the game that is ultra frustrating bothersome yet fun!
    Also battle frontier i am mad at but hey i cant really be mad a out it when theyre not even supposed to be in RS but when they make an emerald remake and they dont make a battle frontier thatll be the last straw GF! Lol

Years
    • Seen Dec 13, 2014
    Mine was when I realized the background for the beauty/other contests is from your cam.
    I kinda freaked out, cause I painted an airplane on my wall last year, and... Suddenly there is an airplane in the contest. I was like.
    :O Why do they know this about me?!

Years

https://www.pokemonmillennium.net/a...sita-su-pokemon-rubino-omega-e-zaffiro-alpha/

Are you ****ting me?

Oh wow Masuda... just wow. So the reason why Battle Frontiers are a thing of the past is because people didn't like it as much as they expected and they found the place too difficult and that's how Game Freak realized people don't like challenges anymore.

And here's one that wasn't mentioned yet, remember how some Ninja Boys disguised themselves as trees and then surprised you for a battle? In OR/AS, it seems like they no longer jump out of the disguise aka they now battle you while still hiding, as I discovered in a video from an Alpha Sapphire LP by YouTube user MunchingOrange. That is just so disappointing.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2015
    Oh wow Masuda... just wow. So the reason why Battle Frontiers are a thing of the past is because people didn't like it as much as they expected and they found the place too difficult and that's how Game Freak realized people don't like challenges anymore.

And here's one that wasn't mentioned yet, remember how some Ninja Boys disguised themselves as trees and then surprised you for a battle? In OR/AS, it seems like they no longer jump out of the disguise aka they now battle you while still hiding, as I discovered in a video from an Alpha Sapphire LP by YouTube user MunchingOrange. That is just so disappointing.

Yep, you gotta go up and talk to them now.

Also I don't know if it's a bit of dialogue I missed but sometimes when I'm pretty positive I battled somebody, I can come back a few minutes later and battle them again slightly stronger?

Seems like an easy way to farm EXP and money.

Edit: This is incredibly minor, but also how premature Brendan looks. I know they're supposed to be like, 12, but he looks nine, and May looks at least 13. Every time I see him it just bothers me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    It's almost the same BS reason he give about no customisation because the game was about Adventure. Battle Maison is even more boring than Battle Frontier if he thinks Battle Frontier was boring.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    What?! Game Freak how could you?!

Pretty sure the older fanbase would love the challenge instead. It's way better than the Tower, the Subway or the Maison combined due to the added gimmicks, like the Factory's rental Pokemon or the Pyramid's exploration with a tiny bag to boot. I'd challenge the Frontier any time than a lame old Maison.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    And they could of added an Inverse Battle facility in it instead of the Mauville once a day one.

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years

Are you ****ting me?
    To be fair, when Emerald first came out, I was one of those kids that found the Battle Frontier boring and I still do to some extent. Pike, Arena and Palace rely a little too much on dumb luck for me to enjoy them and even Pyramid sometimes does if you get a bad dungeon layout. The only ones I liked were Dome and Tower and they just so happen to be nearly identical gameplay-wise to Maison, so there's that.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Not gonna lie, I've never really cared for most of the battle facilities in the Frontiers; Battle Masion/Subway/Tower is enough for me. I suppose that I just like plain old battles without these fancy-shmancy gimmicks.

But not including the Battle Frontier in ORAS because you think that not enough people like it or you think that too many people find it "too hard" is a really stupid reason. Because clearly there's a lot of people that DO like it.

I REALLY do not understand why Game Freak is so ****ing inconsistent with including good features in their games....

Years
    Also I don't know if it's a bit of dialogue I missed but sometimes when I'm pretty positive I battled somebody, I can come back a few minutes later and battle them again slightly stronger?

Seems like an easy way to farm EXP and money.

Yep, the Trainers' Eyes was made far more convenient here than it was in the original games. There, not only was it unlikely that a specific trainer would want to rematch you, but early on if you hadn't battled them several times their levels would probably still be rather low. Here, trainers are much more likely to want to battle you again quickly, and their levels depend on your point in the game, which is indeed good for farming.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    also the first time i turned down the option to follow may or wally in game. i didnt second time and was wondering why. so much grinding undone as there was literally no reason to actually go into the desert. getting latios at lv 30 just out of the blue is a bit weird too.

the contest are way too easy atm too. i got master at first attempt.

I do lke the little more story mode with wally and may.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    Not exactly a WTF moment but more of a minor 'are you serious' moment. While I was exploring Team magma's hideout for the stolen submarine, I learned from a random grunt in the archive room that Team leader Maxie and Archie were originally comrades from another organization. Now THAT sounded interesting, it's a shame that it's not mentioned again....

Edit: whoops, I mean the female grunt in the kitchen near the room with the beds

Last edited:

KostK2Boss

Europe Confirmed!!!
    Years
    Not gonna lie, I've never really cared for most of the battle facilities in the Frontiers; Battle Masion/Subway/Tower is enough for me. I suppose that I just like plain old battles without these fancy-shmancy gimmicks.

But not including the Battle Frontier in ORAS because you think that not enough people like it or you think that too many people find it "too hard" is a really stupid reason. Because clearly there's a lot of people that DO like it.

I REALLY do not understand why Game Freak is so ****ing inconsistent with including good features in their games....
    I don't even think that's the actual reason they didn't include it. They only had one year to work on the game, so maybe they just didn't have enough time to add a feature as massive as the Battle Frontier. GF for some reason likes to give weird explanations about why they remove certain features (see: character customization).

Back