• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Are you yourself, online?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Do you genderbend?

Do you use an alternative name?

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are?

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world?

Last edited:

TY

None of these apply to me, though i might act younger than i am, but thats simply my personality. I cant lie one tiny bit so it feels wrong to genderbend or putting a different age than my actual one.

Sirfetch’d

I'm more open and care free online but that is mainly just because I am just overly shy in real life haha. Other than that I am 100 % myself :D

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I'm genderbending right now. But that's because of the character in my theme. Just felt like doing it.

And I don't act differently than I usually am. Nor do I change my age. Nor anything else. I don't usually genderbend either.

Actually, on my alt account, genderbending landed me in an awkward conversation with a guy who assumed I'm a female and a 'horny pervert' so he's all like 'yeah, you've sucked it and stuff, right. Come on, gimme your skype so we can exchange a few perverted words. And no, I'm not asking for your skype to see your tits' and I was like....uhh, no. Haha. So I'm not really fond of genderbending, I guess. But I'm doing it on this account for no reason right now. Idk.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I dont pretend to hide my age or act younger than I am but I do try to enjoy myself and have intelligent discussions on matters. I also use teen slang and internet lingo a lot though.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Do you genderbend?
    Not actively! I have had periods of time when I set my gender here to male and fooled some though :3 Mostly as an experiment. Most of my time on PC I have hidden my gender in the postbit but I haven't actively tried to pretend I'm male much.

Part of my full name, so it's almost the real thing and definitely good enough ;) Not my username, in case someone now somehow believed Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers was part of my real name...

No? Though I maybe seem younger than I am sometimes. I think? I don't think I can judge that for myself.

Actually no xD I'm just as emotional and bubbly irl. With streaks of seriousness when I have to be. Or am tired or hungry. Hungry Rika is danger (or at least annoying).

So all in all, if you know me here, I'd say you do know me.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • My answers....

Do you genderbend? - not at all, I keep this part always truth

Do you use an alternative name? - other than just usernames, I keep my names the same in all forums, something related to my personality (Playful_Weasel - always smiling and in a playful happy mood - and love weasels so much - main idea for my username)

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? - I also keep this part truthful - I don't pretend to be older or younger

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? - not at all, I keep my same personality

Towerizer

Alcoholic Renegade
    Years
  • Do you genderbend? - nope i'm male.

Do you use an alternative name? - i'll tell people my name if they ask and my username is kinda worked around my last name so idk if that counts =P

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? nope i'm 21 but i try to stay youthful cause i don't like growing older =/ i wanna be a kid forever.

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? - absolutely, i'm pretty depressed IRL but on the internet i try to be a positive motivational person because , to be honest the internet is my escape from reality...

Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Nah, not really.

Nope. In fact, my username says it all.

No, I do not fake my age at all.

Ehh, maybe? I'm not really too sure on this one. :L

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Do you genderbend?
    Never done it, unfortunately. It does sound fun, though!

Everywhere I go, I'm known as Ashley. I have a ton of different usernames though, if that counts? xD

Not really, no. Haven't tried it either, to be honest.

Kind of. Online, I take things a bit seriously. In real life, I don't... well, I do, but not always. d:

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?

Mmm, sometimes. I get bored.

Like . . . do I pretend that my real name is different? 'Cause I kind of just stick to Nakuzami as my username, and most people just call me Naku. I don't typically have my real name posted anywhere or on my profile, but a few people know it (mainly those I have on Facebook). I never pretend to have a different "real name", though.

Um, not really. No, I'm not sure if I ever really have. Well, unless I had to lie about my age to join a site, but I don't really have to do that anymore. Meaning sites like this, when I was around eleven. >.>; Don't go too dirty on me, now.

I'm definitely more outgoing. I also have more time to meditate on things I post, so that allows me to pretend to be . . . well a lot of things that might not come across when having a quick conversation where you can't meditate on responses for hours.
    I'm probably also less sexual online. And I swear less. (Wow, that seems backwards.) I mainly do these two things in jest offline, though. I'm not . . . I might not be normal, but I'm a good person okay? ._.;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    If anything I'm a little more talkative online than I am irl around people that I don't quite know. But even then I'm more talkative around people that I know more around complete strangers in chatroom. Even online. So generally? Not really. I'm pretty much the same both online and offline unless I'm missing something about myself aha. It's just easier to think like myself than try to create some strange persona that isn't really me.

That said people call me by my real name (Tara) and I could care less. It's just easier than trying to come up with some new identity for people to call me by (other than a shorter version of my username).

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Nope! I don't think I ever have...I certainly don't intend to in the future either haha.

Apart from my username nope, if you know me as my real name, then that's...my real name. :p

I used to, mainly because I wanted to fit into a certain group of people who would be slightly older than me. I can do this quite easily in real life considering I'm the youngest in my group of friends who are all born one or two years before me.

Definitely. I'm more myself online because I don't physically see the people who judge me; particularly here. I'm on a forum based around an interest of mine that I was too embarrassed to talk about to my friends/peers irl because it was considered childish.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    I never do that, even though I'm normally mistaken for female sometimes because of my username.

I don't use alternate names here, unless alts in PC Battle Server counts.

Um... nope.

Yeah, because I'm usually shy person in real life, but sometimes my shy personality carries into online as well. I'm also more outgoing when online as well.

Cosmic Fury

[color=red][I][css-div="font-size: 12px; font-vari
    Years
  • Do you genderbend? I've never even thought of doing that... And now I'm getting ideas. >_>

Do you use an alternative name? Not really... BUT, I feel this username is pretty much my alias now, because I've become so attached to the name over the years. Otherwise, when someone asks for my real name, I either simply say no, or tell the truth.

Do you pretend to be older/younger than you are? Not really, although I can appear to be more solid in the head than I usually am IRL. I know, it's not a pretty thing to admit, but it's true.

Do you think you have a different personality online to in the real world? I probably try to act more like an intelligent individual online, simply because I have a lot of spare time to fully organize my thoughts as I write them down.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Nope, nothing applies to me. I see no point in trying to acting differently. There's just no profit.
    Well yea, I obviously have different name than what my username is but I have this as a Japanese alias that I pretty much use whenever I can so it can even be considered my name =D

Fernando Torres

Class on grass
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I really think I am as honest as I can be most of the time. What I like where I live who I am is accurate. The only thing I could think of is maybe I'm a bit more bubbly on line

Avishka

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Do you genderbend?
    nope never tried it.

My real name is my username in every forum..well except for PC..changed it a few weeks ago :p

...i dont think so.

yeah..i am a little shy irl >.<

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Nope, no genderbending here.

...Yes, but it's interesting to note that, since I use my username for basically everything, I'd say that it's become synonymous with me.

Nope, though I rarely list my age on forums.

Nah, I'd even go as far as to say that I talk the exact same way that I type. machomuu and I are the same, for the most part.

Years
  • Do you genderbend?
    Tried it once on another Pokemon forum. Was fun while it lasted.

I've went by several usernames but nowadays Sheep is the name I use everywhere. Buuut previously I have! My UN when I was genderbending elsewhere was Denton.

Nope; I don't find this to be necessary. I like my good 'ol 22.

Well.. a little bit, I'd guess? But it's generally how I act in real life minus the potty mouth baha. xD;;

Back