• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

As of tomorrow, alcohol has no age restrictions

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
  • I'd probably try it, like . . . once. I don't think I'd like it, tbh. Judging by the smell and all. Even if I did, I wouldn't make a habit of it. I don't really intend to drink even when I do turn 18, so . . . *shrug*

I would drink the same amount, except maybe a bit more.
    lolwut toujours

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • Well, I doubt I'll ever drink whether it's legal or not, so no, I wouldn't.

Her

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I don't think the majority of people drink it because they feel like they're REBELLIOUS or HARDCORE AND FLAUNTING THE LAW, but there's always going to be the few who do. I think the majority would just treat it as another drink they could have, most do nowadays anyway.

But, I for one am not going to touch alcohol until I feel I can be mature about it. It's ruined the lives of my parents, my aunt and most of my family. So alcoholism runs in my genes and I don't want to end up like my parents, who need alcohol to get through the day. I may be over exaggerating it, but I just don't want to become like them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    lolwut toujours

What's so confusing about that? I'd drink basically the same amount, but there's a possibility that I might drink a bit more because I would have the ability to order alcohol in public with meals.

Who's Kiyo?

puking rainbows
    Years
  • Nope, wouldn't drink. I don't like the thought of making myself mental impaired for the sake of "fun" or relaxation. Besides, I've had enough experience seeing my mom's utter stupidity when she's drunk and my uncle's alcoholism to see that behavior is not for me.

And yes I know everyone's physical response to things is unique to the person but still.

If this law was instilled (which hopefully it will never be because it's a bloody stupid idea for the health of minors), nothing would change for me.

And eh, like I really need the extra calories. I need to save space for those bacon cupcakes, you know.

Water Please. :3

And would young people go crazy like suspected to?
    Sure, but it would dull down after a bit. It would becoming a boring, always-available option.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wouldn't drink alcohol if it was legalized for any age because I don't want to risk getting drunk and having bad hangovers.

mameshiba

Creepy Purple Zordon
    Years
  • In my state, it is legal for people under the age of 21 to drink in their homes, as long they do not go out of the house.

Cilan.

Mew~
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2011
    Would you drink alcohol if there was no law, if you are underage that is?
    Heck yeah, but not a lot. I probably wouldn't be able to handle too much. Plus I hate hangovers.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Eh, I drank underage and still now the same :S Perhaps a little more now, but only occasionally. My parents had the idea that if I was allowed a little when I was younger, I wouldn't go crazy when I was 18 when you're allowed to. It was true for me, at least. I like some alcohol, hate others. I like cider, but hate larger, and a lot of alchopops and stuff. I definitely couldn't drink stuff I didn't like for the sole purpose of getting drunk.

Years
  • Maturity being what it is among the different age levels I'm sure you'd see more public drunkenness and abuse. Alcohol isn't so taboo that people drink it just to break the rules so removing the rules would just make it more accessible and increase the net abuse of it.

I'm old enough to drink, but I don't, so it wouldn't affect me either way.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I've only recently become of age but even if I were still underage, I don't think I'd drink any more than I do now. I mean, I do drink more now than I did in the past (but it's still not often nor do I go totally nuts with it), however, I don't think that lifting the drinking age would make me go insane and want to get drunk everyday or whatever, you know? The few times I did drink underage, it was, like a glass of wine at dinner or something like that so I didn't feel ~super awesome~ or ~totally rebellious~. I'm not much of a rebellious person to begin with, haha.

Back